IGNORED

Is it boring watching City?

Tiree

No not the same old, tedious thread of a earlier this season when some so called supporters said our winning was boring, I refer to Man City. 

It doesn't matter which of the 4 comps they play in, some lifelong Man City fans say the only thing left of real interest is to guess their 'goals scored' . Some got both Burton games wrong, 9 then just 1, but today's 5 v Burnley was probably even - money with the bookies!

Would we get bored with winning every match where the only entertainment was the sweepstake on how many goals we score? Or are we getting that way? 

1 hour ago, Tiree said:

No not the same old, tedious thread of a earlier this season when some so called supporters said our winning was boring, I refer to Man City. 

It doesn't matter which of the 4 comps they play in, some lifelong Man City fans say the only thing left of real interest is to guess their 'goals scored' . Some got both Burton games wrong, 9 then just 1, but today's 5 v Burnley was probably even - money with the bookies!

Would we get bored with winning every match where the only entertainment was the sweepstake on how many goals we score? Or are we getting that way? 

I'm good mates with a couple of staunch MCFC fans and I can assure you they find it anything but boring. 

I kind of agree. I find Barcelona boring to watch with the tippy tappy football which Pep has introduced in the past 10 years. 

Maybe it's because I grew up watching 90's, early 2000's football which seemed more exciting with teams like Man Utd, arsenal, Chelsea playing fast attacking powerful football down the wings 

I imagine many of their fans are still pinching themselves after spending so long in the shadow of Man Utd and, in the not too distant past, suffering the ignominy of relegation to the 3rd tier and having to play against the likes of the fewers.

They also still have the aim of winning the Champions’ League and probably also matching other achievements like the treble.

I don’t think I’d be bored, although I know what the OP means - today’s game (and many of their matches) must feel like a formality. 

I went to this game today and i will say.... It was really boring. 

No atmosphere at all. It was like being at a golf tournament where the crowd politely clap good play. They were just waiting to score... And after they scored most seemed to lose interest as they knew it was done deal.

On top of that i was sat next to a guy complaining they were giving away possession too much in a game where they were having 85% possession. 

They don't half play Brilliant football mind. 

Archived