IGNORED

Waggy

Super

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The draw is really opening up - every chance for a smaller club to get a good run in it this year,:fingerscrossed:

Just seen Waggy`s goal, cracking.

Top lad is Scott - I don`t think anyone`s got a bad word to say about the bloke.

Wimbledon at AG in round 5 anyone?

If we win Wimbledon this year then Johnson has outdone himself.

53 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The draw is really opening up - every chance for a smaller club to get a good run in it this year,:fingerscrossed:

Just seen Waggy`s goal, cracking.

Top lad is Scott - I don`t think anyone`s got a bad word to say about the bloke.

Wimbledon at AG ?

I know the pitch is very good, but not sure they have the right nets, and the rugby markings would play havoc with base and service lines.

Also not sure that Strawberries and Cream will go down as well with a pint of Cider

2 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I always liked Waggy - I really wanted it to work Out with us but it never quite clicked. Maybe League 1 is his level? Great performance tonight though - 2 goals of his own plus an assist for their 4th - congratulations Waggy - enjoy the moment!!

Everyone likes Waggy - he`s one of those players that will always be warmly welcomed back at the Gate (may be sooner than we think, who knows!). People who`ve met him outside of football never fail to say what a top bloke he is.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Everyone likes Waggy - he`s one of those players that will always be warmly welcomed back at the Gate (may be sooner than we think, who knows!). People who`ve met him outside of football never fail to say what a top bloke he is.

Wagstaff was a head down, get on with it whether youre in the team or not NON-sulker and we all loved the guy.

So happy for him tonight.

I know he hasn't been a City player for a while, but he was always one of my favourite players when he was with us. I was thrilled to see his happy smiling face scoring for Wimbledon. He always gave his all, and it great to see him enjoying his football. Well done, Waggy!

Loved Waggy as I have already said, my daughter knows him well and has followed his career since he left. Sadly niggly injuries have hit him hard, not played really regularly for either Gillingham or Wimbledon. Very patchy appearances, plays one game misses the next three type player. Not his fault but we needed more reliability. Plenty of players like that out there, we’ve got a few now.

Glad though he is getting some of the spotlight, very popular player and the game need more like him.

3 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Highlights and all the goals:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46928718

Scott Wagstaff was on the bench for us when West Ham cheated us out of the FA Cup in Jan 2015. Sweet revenge!

West Ham's cheating and the FAs predictably  weak response still rankles with me.  Was well pleased when they were dumped out yesterday and of course delighted for Waggy.

Archived