IGNORED

England u21s (Merged)

Red Army 75

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder whether Jay Dasilva and / or Lloyd Kelly will get picked?

I can’t imagine the game would be played at AG without at least one of the host teams players featuring, sort of unwritten agreement isn’t it?

On 29/01/2019 at 23:31, ziderheadarmy said:

12 February 1997 - England 1 Italy 0 [0-0]
Ashton Gate, Ashton Vale, Bedminster, Bristol (13,850)

England: A.Marshall, M.Rose, M.Hall, R.Scimeca, R.Rufus, M.Carbon, P.Murray, S.Hughes, Emile Heskey (J.Scowcroft), D.Eadie (D.Huckerby), Lee Bowyer 

No mention of Hewlett? 

In goal for Italy was Gianluigi Buffon.

40 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Remember when it used to be under 23 players and some decent players were involved. In 1972 played East Germany at Ashton Gate:-

England: Phil Parkes, G.Nisbet, Frank Lampard, L.Cantello, Larry Lloyd, D.Jeffries, S.Kember, Mick Channon, Malcolm Macdonald, Alan Hudson, Kevin Keegan

And lost!

Yes I remember that, I think for the younger forum members you might want to point out that you are referring  to Frank Lampard SNR there. :) . I remember the games stand out player was a guy  called Sparwasser, who went to play at senior level for many years, the only England player that seemed to play up to his reputation was Alan Hudson. Mind you it was 47 years ago and I was 10, so I don't remember much else.

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I remember that, I think for the younger forum members you might want to point out that you are referring  to Frank Lampard SNR there. :) . I remember the games stand out player was a guy  called Sparwasser, who went to play at senior level for many years, the only England player that seemed to play up to his reputation was Alan Hudson. Mind you it was 47 years ago and I was 10, so I don't remember much else.

He wasn’t “senior” then! ? But I get your drift! I was looking the fixture up as I thought Garland was the local player in the squad, although had already left us by then. Think Garland may have been in the squad for a game against the Welsh in 1969, but was either injured or substitute? That wasn’t a bad team either:-

England: Peter Shilton, W.Smith, D.Parkin, Colin Todd, S.Ellis, David Nish, G.Pugh, Brian Kidd, Peter Osgood, Tony Currie, J.Aston.

I was hoping to go in south stand , as thats where my seadon ticket is , I’m know the under 21 game is not included ! 

However my missus had got me tickets in the dolman ?

She said  they were only selling a couple of blocks in each stand ,

so by doing this I presume city are not expecting a big crowd ? 

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I was hoping to go in south stand , as thats where my seadon ticket is , I’m know the under 21 game is not included ! 

I guess as they sell the blocks they will release more 

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

I’m sure it will be a decent crowd and a lot of schools and kids teams will buy up blocks, especially at the price. If you can’t have your normal seats I would prefer unreserved seating, so all the kids can sit together and me, as a boring old fart, can sit elsewhere!

On 29/01/2019 at 22:30, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remember this one (12 years ago) at Ashton Gate - nearly 19k turned up - Joe Hart & Theo Walcott played:

https://www.skysports.com/football/england-u21-vs-romania-u21/86568

It's amazing how many (English) names on there I recognise.  It's only really Craig Gardner* who doesn't ring a bell.

*And yes, I know someone is just about to tell me he captained Real Madrid for 4 of their Champions League victories...

8 minutes ago, Chivs said:

It's amazing how many (English) names on there I recognise.  It's only really Craig Gardner* who doesn't ring a bell.

*And yes, I know someone is just about to tell me he captained Real Madrid for 4 of their Champions League victories...

He's playing for Birmingham now I think, although that might be Gary Gardner... 

51 minutes ago, Chivs said:

You definitely know him mate - he played for Villa, West Brom, Birmingham and Sunderland. Currently back at Birmingham permanently after being on loan there from the Baggies...

CB2B187B-CD06-4BEC-AAEB-9261675480A2.jpeg

Please merge if I’ve missed.

Will all seats eventually go on sale? Our usual seats are in S26 and whilst the early bird offer is great, I presume if we’re in other parts of the ground we’ll all be expected to sit hands in lap style?

• Admin
2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Thanks.

Not sure on etiquette but is it like home games and free to stand on S26?

I would assume not as it is not a City match

Assume people don't stand there for the rugby?

Admitedly Bournemouth is a much smaller ground, but considering both U21 fixtures went on sale the same day they sold out weeks ago and we look nowhere near 50% at the moment

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would assume not as it is not a City match

Assume people don't stand there for the rugby?

Admitedly Bournemouth is a much smaller ground, but considering both U21 fixtures went on sale the same day they sold out weeks ago and we look nowhere near 50% at the moment

They also have the advantage of Germany as an opposition. 

28 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Whole ground now on sale (apart from Lansdown upper) looks like gonna be a decent crowd!

Probably Leeds buying them up. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Whole ground now on sale (apart from Lansdown upper) looks like gonna be a decent crowd!

Apart from the occasional mention on our club site I've not seen the game advertised anywhere else 

Wonder if when it's nearer and word spreads if there will be an increase? 

I know local clubs have been sent free tickets too, so will bump the crowd up

Archived