IGNORED

Ramsey.

stephenkibby.

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Yes - Juve are a PLC so all this is reported and will be over Ramsey too eventually.

EDIT _ IN 2017 for example they spent 50 million euros on "Player registration expenses"

Well I have no reason to doubt what you say. Thanks for that.

Just wonder where it will all end? your thoughts?

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think some might be surprised at the agent ‘fees’ even at our level of spend.

They are taking huge amounts of money out of the game.

I was never good enough to play professionally BUT if I had been, there would have been no agent!

If you were a promising 18 year old and approached by an agent who told you who he acted for and the sort of financial deals he got for them, and you started to think about the flash car, clothes house etc that you could buy for yourself when most of your mates are driving beat up old second hand cars, and watching the pennies, are you sure there would have been no agent?

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Why did Juve pay him - how much work did he do on Juventus's behalf?

Of course the reality is that his client is never going to give up £16m of HIS money to pay HIS agent for working on HIS behalf in negotiating the deal that sets HIM up for life, so the agent tells the buying club that if they want the player ( which he knows they do ) then they ( who have the money) will pay his fee or the deal won't happen and another club will get the player.

Needs clubs to grow a pair and start telling agents to get paid by their clients , but because money oils all the wheels of top level football, this will never happen.

Absolutely - In most other walks of life, the scenario would be that the player pays the agent, or maybe both. A footballer is ultimately a self-employed sportsman. The agents organises their contracts and should be paid commission by the player.

In football however, the balance has swayed to in favour of the player (thus the agent) and they've worked it that they get paid, and paid big, by the club. It is a spiralling and ridiculous situation. 

Ultimately agents need to exist, because players simply can't negotiate or understand the deals that are struck.

It's up to the authorities to step in and start capping the greed, because it's clearly out of control. 

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well I have no reason to doubt what you say. Thanks for that.

Just wonder where it will all end? your thoughts?

Surely the whole thing will implode? 

The problem is there is just so much money in football now and everything associated in it. TV deals, advertising, betting on it goes.

Lots of people are getting very rich and ultimately it's a bit of a case for me of the rich keeping themselves rich.

When does it stop? When people stop spending £100 a month on sky and £100 a week on bet365.

41 minutes ago, simon uk said:

We saw with the sala transfer that the agents were inventing interest from west ham and everton in a bid to stimulate interest in him, which ended up with cardiff going for him. That talk of preliminary talks with barcelona is highly suspicious, probably to the extent that someone spoke to barcelona, they tried to work out who ramsey was, then quickly politely declined when they worked out they had enough cover for their reserve team midfield.

Yep, so suspicious that Juve are paying him 400k a week .

How does it work in , say, the music industry? if Adele for instance wants to tour presumably she instructs her agent to find suitable venues and book them and the venue pays for the privilege. The agent is then paid by Adele? Surely the agent doesn`t say to the 02 `if you don`t pay me £xxxx then the gig goes to the NEC`? Or do they?

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

How does it work in , say, the music industry? if Adele for instance wants to tour presumably she instructs her agent to find suitable venues and book them and the venue pays for the privilege. The agent is then paid by Adele? Surely the agent doesn`t say to the 02 `if you don`t pay me £xxxx then the gig goes to the NEC`? Or do they?

I get the impression that the way that lots of things work in football is different to the way things work elsewhere in the commercial/business world.

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

Thatmay be so, but ramsey and bale were both brought up in cardiff as far as i know. A weeks pAy from them 2, would sort out a new homeless shelter, another weeks pay would sort out new 4g pitches for the kids there to play sports. They could make a real difference to the community they grew up in... how much money do they need?

either way, ramsey isnt that good, hes manAged to blag a kings ransom

How much do they need?

How much do they spend on philanthropic causes? Do you know? I'm guessing not.

I'm not saying footballers wages bear any resemblance to reality, just that you may be speaking uneducated crap.

1 hour ago, Xspence said:

It’s crazy. Essentially an Arsenal squad player is 400k a week?! This is not Messi or Ronaldo. I guess you cannot blame Ramsey as it sets his family up for generations. 

His agent must be one hell of a negotiator. Going to get him to negotiate my next house. On same basis I expect to pay £2.25 

That about sums it up.

Average premiership player, below average at international level.

His agent has played a blinder (and he would have got a few million out of it as well of course).

Absolute madness.

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Everybody saying he is an overrated player on here, don't personally have a view either way, but it just shows football fans know absolutely bugger all. Literally every top club in Europe was after him, so they must know something!!!

Well any top club would take a free agent in their squad of his calibre, class; not quite world class. I’m sure they all enquired and then a bidding war commenced and the most sane said f that. 

Another thing to remember, 2 years time they might sell him. They might sell him for £20m and cover say half his wages for the last 2 years of his contract. They got him quite cheap when you do that sum; about £20m. I bet they’re forecasting that or something similar. 

53 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Why did Juve pay him - how much work did he do on Juventus's behalf?

Of course the reality is that his client is never going to give up £16m of HIS money to pay HIS agent for working on HIS behalf in negotiating the deal that sets HIM up for life, so the agent tells the buying club that if they want the player ( which he knows they do ) then they ( who have the money) will pay his fee or the deal won't happen and another club will get the player.

Needs clubs to grow a pair and start telling agents to get paid by their clients , but because money oils all the wheels of top level football, this will never happen.

Agents typically sign dual representation contracts so they are intermediaries between player and club. Think of a mortgage broker who gets you the best deal and takes a commission from the bank. Remember, Ramsey couldn’t have that as a tax expense, club can; that changes the ‘true’ cost. This wasn’t always the case, agents used to act for players to avoid conflicts of interest, the rules were relaxed on that. Go figure... 

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

In the music industry the artist gets an advance from the record company to record the album, buy equipment, go on tour, hire crew and roadies etc etc and everything is paid out of the advance.  

Then when they start selling albums (before downloads) and selling tickets, the advance gets paid off first, then when in profit the artist makes cash, if they don’t sell many albums or tickets then they don’t recoup and get dropped by the label.  

Established artists like Adele, would have to pay for everything but probably don’t need the advance!

If they did this in football it would be like giving a promising 10 year old a couple of million to cover all the training for the next 8 years, then if he makes the first team they take his wages until he’s paid the club who found him back, then the player starts making money!  Not a bad system!

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Surely the whole thing will implode? 

The problem is there is just so much money in football now and everything associated in it. TV deals, advertising, betting on it goes.

Lots of people are getting very rich and ultimately it's a bit of a case for me of the rich keeping themselves rich.

When does it stop? When people stop spending £100 a month on sky and £100 a week on bet365.

100%, Sky subscriptions have built this monster, and as long as millions of people keep paying £50 a month in subscriptions then footballers will get paid lots of money!  

2 hours ago, simon uk said:

Thatmay be so, but ramsey and bale were both brought up in cardiff as far as i know. A weeks pAy from them 2, would sort out a new homeless shelter, another weeks pay would sort out new 4g pitches for the kids there to play sports. They could make a real difference to the community they grew up in... how much money do they need?

either way, ramsey isnt that good, hes manAged to blag a kings ransom

Why should Ramsey & Bale be responsible for housing the homeless of Cardiff on their weeks’ wages. 

I don’t know what you earn, but let’s say you’re on £25k per annum. 1 weeks worth of your wages could buy lunch for every single homeless person in Bristol. 

Are you going to do that? 

39 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Well any top club would take a free agent in their squad of his calibre, class; not quite world class. I’m sure they all enquired and then a bidding war commenced and the most sane said f that. 

Another thing to remember, 2 years time they might sell him. They might sell him for £20m and cover say half his wages for the last 2 years of his contract. They got him quite cheap when you do that sum; about £20m. I bet they’re forecasting that or something similar. 

Agents typically sign dual representation contracts so they are intermediaries between player and club. Think of a mortgage broker who gets you the best deal and takes a commission from the bank. Remember, Ramsey couldn’t have that as a tax expense, club can; that changes the ‘true’ cost. This wasn’t always the case, agents used to act for players to avoid conflicts of interest, the rules were relaxed on that. Go figure... 

That would explain it.

Ramsay is a cash cow.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

If you were a promising 18 year old and approached by an agent who told you who he acted for and the sort of financial deals he got for them, and you started to think about the flash car, clothes house etc that you could buy for yourself when most of your mates are driving beat up old second hand cars, and watching the pennies, are you sure there would have been no agent?

Maybe initially - but as I got older and more mature - nope, not a chance.

The FA and the leagues need to educate these young lads to look after themselves.

More importantly the clubs need to take responsibility for their education - it’s a win / win for both parties 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Good point, didn't think of that.

All I would say on this is running down a contract this way and pocketing a massive weekly wage, will put him in the spotlight massively, and the pressure will be on him tenfold than what  it would have been if he'd come in for 40mil and 150-200,000 a week. We all know what are Italian fans are like, if you aint performing, you will get it in the neck professionally on the pitch and in your personal life off it. So if he can deal with the mental side of it, then fair play  to him!

3 hours ago, Xspence said:

It’s crazy. Essentially an Arsenal squad player is 400k a week?! This is not Messi or Ronaldo. I guess you cannot blame Ramsey as it sets his family up for generations. 

His agent must be one hell of a negotiator. Going to get him to negotiate my next house. On same basis I expect to pay £2.25 

why are you paying the extra 5p is it a tip?

How can this thread be allowed to remain on the main forum yet the Gordon Banks RIP thread gets moved to Non Football Chat?

I get incensed by very few things in life but this is piss poor, inconsistent moderation - allow chat about an overpaid, achieved nothing Welsh footballer to remain yet hide away a thread about the passing of one of our own World Cup winner.

Moderators - you should be ashamed.

15 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah  agree with you anybody in their right mind would take as much as they can get.

But it's gone from, it's a short career make it while you can, to get a good deal for 2 years and i'm set for life.

And we know who are paying at the end of the day, it ain't the ****** club owners.

Seeing as the owners are essentially the Italian royal family I bet it is them.

Archived