IGNORED

18 day fixture gap in March!

robc

Anyone else spotted that we'll have a gap of 18 days between our home game with Ipswich on 12th March and Sheffield United (away) on the 30th of next month? Millwall's continued involvement in the Cup means that the game with them due to take place on 16th March will have to be re-scheduled, and the weekend of the 23rd is an International Break. This could mean us playing just 4 matches in March and an eye-watering 8 in April. I am not sure that the Millwall game could be re-arranged mid week either side of the International break so that will probably have to happen in April. I hope the club have the sense to consider bringing forward the (just re-arranged) Middlesborough game to 16 March to spread our fixtures out more evenly. A weekend fixture would also allow us to get many more supporters up to Yorkshire to see us play against one of our main play off rivals!

Robc

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

What they should do is bring forward the West Brom game from an April midweek to 16th March.

WBA are suppose to be playing Brentford on 16th but thats not looking likely at HT of Swansea v Brentford.

That seems sensible all round, which means it almost certainly won't happen. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

What they should do is bring forward the West Brom game from an April midweek to 16th March.

WBA are suppose to be playing Brentford on 16th but thats not looking likely at HT of Swansea v Brentford.

Wait a minute. The game we are heading for.. Why did I not take this in consideration planning :doh: 

Off to Dubai for the squad, some fans and Super Scott! If we have this gap surely other clubs do too so could arrange some friendlies - what a great trip to a interesting venue for party animals. Go for the happy hour beers and the legendary Friday lunches and you'll have enough 'fuel' for all 8 games in April.

Archived