Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 34

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Shame we had to sub Mäenpää, as prevented bringing on Matty or Palmer

Bit of a worry if it`s serious with Frankie out as well. We`ll have to get a keeper in on emergency loan if so I guess.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I would drop Weimann, he is not doing nearly enough to warrant his place. Rearrange a little and start Semenyo up top with Fammy.

You cant drop Weimann and keep Patterson or O'Dowda in the team Weimann non stop running Pato and O'Dowda don't

• Thanks 1

Very decent result that.

Kept them quiet in first half, much better than Birmingham and self inflicted to go in one down. Second half, not really dominating, but played some decent stuff and could well have nicked it. 

Preston well organised and know how to win a foul and slow the game down and break it up. Not the greatest game in truth but not far away from another 1-0 second half away win, just need to cut out silly errors. Semenyo looked a handful, and Max did ok. Couple of times we made poor passes in their box, but overall, got to be happy with that. Fammy two in two.Should not forget in it’s way another six pointer, and luckily Derby looking rubbish. Lots of teams still fancying sixth now, but two of our tricky away games gone, and still clear in sixth. 

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 2

Never expect anything at Deepdale these days so great point, all things considered.

Well done to Semenyo. Let's not put pressure on him. KP looked great in his first few sub appearances but now not so much, so we need to wait and see.

3 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Derby have the next 4 games at home!! 

Suspect that with the way their fans are feeling, the players would rather have the next 4 away!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Great point we'll be seeing more of Semenyo in the next few games. Bit worried about Kelly's form and the keeper injury situation.

Kelly was actually having a decent game until that rash challenge, DaSilva was pretty poor when he came on gave the ball away 2 or 3 times leading to Preston breaks.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Kelly was actually having a decent game until that rash challenge, DaSilva was pretty poor when he came on gave the ball away 2 or 3 times leading to Preston breaks.

It’s a real shame as he has done well. As a defender you cannot get a reputation as always having an error in you. 

Having said that, yes he gave away a soft free kick, but our marking from it was at least as much at fault.

Good point that!

Semenyo and Diedhiou look a good partnership. Diedhiou certainly benefited from someone else doing the physical work.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Dasilva looked much better thst Kelly did though, you certainly didnt have your heart in your mouth like you did with Kelly. Shame it didnt work for Kelly again today but it was right to sub him for Dasilva. 

• Like 1

Nice, 0-1 down ht and then 1-1. First half not good but better in second half. Semenyo was good and Famara scored again. Think this will be good. other reults our way and one point away is very good. when Famara gets help our fw play is mutch better. still in top six and the seasons move on. COYR!!!

Didn't go today but sounded as though we got a deserved point. Happy with that against a side we never get anything out of. 

Bonus that Semenyo played well too as we need someone else up there to help Fammy.

Looking forward to Leeds game - will be very tough but we have to look at what QPR did to them.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Dasilva looked much better thst Kelly did though, you certainly didnt have your heart in your mouth like you did with Kelly. Shame it didnt work for Kelly again today but it was right to sub him for Dasilva. 

Don't disagree that it was right to sub him, as Preston players were throwing themselves around to win FKs and Kelly could easily have picked up a second yellow. Do disagree that Dasilva looked better, for me he has been off his game the last few matches. Just a shame that Kelly is too often making daft decisions when generally playing well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Don't fret...........this will end up1-1, i've every confidence.

My match score prediction service is available for a small fee?.....Ha!!    😍   Shame i didn't have a bet,  nevertheless always believe !

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Keeper injury seemed to be calf. Hopefully minor.

Calf was what he was out with when FF came back. So presumably too early coming back. I pulled a calf muscle last year and took 3 months before I stopped limping. But then I'm an old git, not a young pro athlete.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Got to feel for @Top Robin, you must feel gutted that the useless Johnson picked up another pint towards the play offs... 

feeling like another PINT myself after that good point.

Well I would have taken that before the game, but I also thought we were the better team , even before they scored. Probably a reasonable result, but Semenyo unlucky towards the end. Not the usual complete shit game when playing P NE , and it stops the losing run. Beat Leeds Saturday and it’s a very good point.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey Dave....never heard you give out so much emotion and anger ! 

I just get annoyed that posters give up so early into a game, most of the boo boys came out when we were having our best spell of the game.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, westonred said:

You cant drop Weimann and keep Patterson or O'Dowda in the team Weimann non stop running Pato and O'Dowda don't

He does nothing else but run around a lot.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just get annoyed that posters give up so early into a game, most of the boo boys came out when we were having our best spell of the game.

Quickly disappeared again too.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You don’t have to explain yourself....it was just a shock to see you lose your cool! I always knew there was an emotional furnace in there somewhere!

2 minutes ago, Super said:

He does nothing else but run around a lot.

You can’t tell that from just watching games on a screen....

• Like 1

Sitting on the the train back I'm reflecting on a great battling performance against one of the form sides. They were constantly dangerous, excellent on set pieces. Their subs added pace. We broke well. Just missing the killer pass. Weimann isn't everyone's cup of tea but he adds class and experience and links play well. Semenyo was a revelation. Unlucky not to get the winner. Not been away for a bit. We have impressive vocal support these days. Could prove to be very valuable point. 

• Like 5

Really poor game. Quite why we started with the pace we have on the bench I don’t know. The last ten when we were playing with the pace of nmecha amf barkhuizen we looked a threat.

neither side deserved to win so 1-1 was a fair result. Love the accusations of shithousing but today there was little from either teams although if you look at the yellow card count there was a deliberate attempt to stop us playing which worked.

our season is as good as over. Just need to complete the double of the plastics next week, who believe themselves to be world champions! 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You don’t have to explain yourself....it was just a shock to see you lose your cool! I always knew there was an emotional furnace in there somewhere!

You can’t tell that from just watching games on a screen....

He offers very little in fairness.

3 hours ago, westonred said:

Weimann does do a lot of running around but thats it and nothing else. I thought he was poor today 

Sounds like a decent enough performance today and a good point earned. At least it stopped the run of defeats and also halted the Preston curse. We might even win against them at some point.  

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Sitting on the the train back I'm reflecting on a great battling performance against one of the form sides. They were constantly dangerous, excellent on set pieces. Their subs added pace. We broke well. Just missing the killer pass. Weimann isn't everyone's cup of tea but he adds class and experience and links play well. Semenyo was a revelation. Unlucky not to get the winner. Not been away for a bit. We have impressive vocal support these days. Could prove to be very valuable point. 

Have a good journey back !

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Offside said:

Sounds like a decent enough performance today and a good point earned. At least it stopped the run of defeats and also halted the Preston curse. We might even win against them at some point.  

In the playoff final at Wembley perhaps?

Good result today I thought. Not a bad performance either in horrible conditions away to a Preston in good form. Think broadly speaking a fair result.

Great to see the impact of Semenyo off the bench,  nearly proved the match winner as well but for Rudd's save. Diedhiou battled well and got his reward. Having to take off Kelly for fear of a 2nd yellow was a shame but a necessary evil and O'Leary did fine on his first appearance since Reading away was it. Maybe one more change made out of choice rather than necessity could have tipped the balance.

Nonetheless, a point at Preston and we have stopped the rot. Feel like it's a big point in the context of the season.

Think is the kind of game we would have lost last season too- especially with the setbacks referred to above.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Super said:

He offers very little in fairness.

If you watched Weimann ‘live’ rather than just on a screen you’d see what he offers off the ball in the context of a game.

For you to dismiss him so readily when you only watch our games on screens is unfair, if you watched our games ‘live’ you’d get it....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 7

Guess the 90s film:

"Sometimes when you win, you actually lose. Sometimes when you lose, you actually win. And sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose..."

Well, this draw feels like a win, doesn't it. At 1-0 down and facing a fourth successive defeat, it was bleak. But the psychological boost could help us get back on track.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you watched Weimann ‘live’ rather than just on a screen you’d see what he offers off the ball in the context of a game.

For you to dismiss him so readily when you only watch our games on screens is unfair, if you watched our games ‘live’ you’d get it....

Watched pretty much every home game.