IGNORED

Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day 36

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well this will (likely) be our fourth straight season where we finish higher than the one before....so it’s working isn’t it? 

Yep. Feeling better already.  It's not that bad really being frustrated with a draw.  Just lost some coin on it though....

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well this will (likely) be our fourth straight season where we finish higher than the one before....so it’s working isn’t it? 

Sure. If you call another streaky Lee run and our traditional fall away to nothing as working 

Can't wait to see it all again next season 

P.S..we will finish below last season's position 

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

How does LJ do it?......how to turn a not half bad side into a rabble in a couple of weeks.   Still we now have 2 weeks to learn how to pass, shoot. defend, tackle and play football......should be easy?

We have millwall sat.

2 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

We were shit after Wolves last season, and shit after wolves this season. Coincidence???

and had the same manager and absolutely rubbish Jan trans window.....coincidence?

Fortunate to get a point tonight. Lacked energy, ideas and generally looked second best. Tension and nerves on the pitch and in the crowd added to a dreadful game and atmosphere. 

Having a moment on here is as always cathartic as I can at least express my feelings and frustrations.

I had it down as ending 1-1 in the prediction league, but had hoped to be proved wrong. Being City we are always capable of losing or drawing that kind of game and then winning, against the odds, when facing a team we are not expected to get a result against.

My final prediction of the day....the meltdown on here tonight is going to be large!

1 minute ago, Sitrom said:

Yep. Feeling better already.  It's not that bad really being frustrated with a draw.  Just lost some coin on it though....

It’s quite funny that you can boil all this frustration and anger and entitlement down into one simple fact like that. 

Whatever we’re doing, it’s working to a pretty high degree, assuming we finish higher than 17/18. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Even if we were to somehow up our game and make it into the play offs come the final game we're not going to beat any of the other teams based on that and other recent performances

This doesn't make sense. If you're willing to be hypothetical to say we up our game and make it to the playoffs, why would that improved form not lift us and continue once we're there? You can't then say, we'd still lose based on our form at the moment as that would be based on our old (current) form.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Sure. If you call another streaky Lee run and our traditional fall away to nothing as working 

Can't wait to see it all again next season 

P.S..we will finish below last season's position 

Amazing that people haven’t learned about making sweeping statements about this league like that. You have absolutely no idea what will happen in the next ten games. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Frustrating game, but 6th place with ten games to go? Yeah I’ll take that. Our support is embarrassing at times.

One of, if not the most competitive league in the world, and despite a mid table budget, we’re challenging at the right end for a second season in a row. 

Lets hope the players don’t give up in March like the fans do. 

How would you explain that performance, and that against Leeds, and the 1st half against Brum? They were booed off for a reason, if they'd have had a go for 90 mins then I think the crowd would have been fine. That was as poor a game as I've seen so far this year. Too many players are so off their game right now and there appears to be an unwillingess to do something about it.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Frustrating game, but 6th place with ten games to go? Yeah I’ll take that. Our support is embarrassing at times.

One of, if not the most competitive league in the world, and despite a mid table budget, we’re challenging at the right end for a second season in a row. 

Lets hope the players don’t give up in March like the fans do. 

the only thing we are challenging is the fans..... to keep coming back

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Amazing that people haven’t learned about making sweeping statements about this league like that. You have absolutely no idea what will happen in the next ten games. 

It's called a prediction 

One ive called all season 

And we do know what will happen. We have all seen enough of LJ and his team's to know what will happen 

Truly don't get to upset everyone not good enough. I know we had that run of wins but just sticking plaster.

This squad is so far away from making a real challenge.

There will be people on here saying but were in the top six and things are in our hands, but please.

Once  you accept we have no chance it gets easier. Will call it now,with our upcoming fixtures if we finish in the top 10 we will have preformed to the maximum of this sides ability.

weather it's management or what but trying not to pick out players, what the **** does Patterson offer to justify his selection?

He has odd moments of skill but what a fanney have seen tougher kids in under 12s.

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

How would you explain that performance, and that against Leeds, and the 1st half against Brum? They were booed off for a reason, if they'd have had a go for 90 mins then I think the crowd would have been fine. That was as poor a game as I've seen so far this year. Too many players are so off their game right now and there appears to be an unwillingess to do something about it.

I’d explain it by and large as football not being a perfect science. It’s 11 v 11 humans on any given day who all want to win a football match. If it was a simple case of the better team on paper getting the expected result then the game wouldn’t be much of a spectator sport.

Leeds - simply put - a much better side than us. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded, they’re better than us in every department. Birmingham are a decent squad with a decent manager who have only taken a few less points than we have this season. 

6 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Of course not but since then we have lost 4 games ,drawn two whilst being out played by s team cut adrift at the bottom of the league! that is average at best ! 

So we weren't an average team with a below average manger 6 games ago. 

Fickle... 

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Awful, awful & awful.

Darren Moore was sacked after a 1-1 home draw with Ipswich.

:yawn::fingerscrossed: there is hope then there is way in the distance hope

Archived