Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

daored

Johnson pleased with a point

1 minute ago, daored said:

Johnson just said on sky; ‘Quite pleased with the point, they’ve turned their form around ‘

Basically we were crap and didn't deserve more than a point 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super said:

He should be because we were lucky to get it.

Exactly this. The way we played we didn't deserve to win, and if Ipswich would have went ahead, they would have deserved it.

Play like that against Sheffield United and Middlesborough, then we could lose by 2-3 goals.

• Like 3

Looking at the players tonight we seem to be completely shot and if they had got a winner he couldn't really have moaned.They won every second ball and their energy around the pitch caused us problems all night.Thank god they didn't have any forwards.

Edited by CityCiderEd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just being a good manager. Protecting his players. You don’t know what he says behind closed doors.

Let him manage the sixth best team in the league and you lot try to support a bit yeah 

It was an opportunity to say disapoonted with the result and performance , collective not good enough. But we’ve got a long break, we’ll regroup and the next nine games are going to be a fight and we’ll be ready.

A message to the fans and the players 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Just being a good manager. Protecting his players. You don’t know what he says behind closed doors.

Let him manage the sixth best team in the league and you lot try to support a bit yeah 

Nothing wrong with protecting the players but everyone one knows that was a terrible performance so just come out and say we were below par tonight . Fans get annoyed by him spouting bollocks and saying he’s happy with a point is bollocks

• Like 1

Bristol City manager Lee Johnson told BBC Radio Bristol:

"I'm pleased with a point because we were nowhere near our best and that could be the most important point of the season.

"I know it wasn't good enough and I'm not trying to hide that but I've got a feeling that's not that negative because we could have lost that game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

:laugh:

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Is that why he has never managed above 11th?

Hasn’t he had a higher league placing with every season he’s ever managed? 

• Like 3

Just watch Sheffield Wednesday come charging up behind us with their ‘four promotions from the championship’ manager at the helm....3 points behind us....3 wins and 2 draws from the last 5....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hasn’t he had a higher league placing with every season he’s ever managed? 

10th from this position with all the teams gathered behind us will be acceptable. Anything less is a total failure yet again from a position of strength. 

That is not a high expectation, he must meet it.

But Bristol won on haircuts and tattoos .... fair play!  Just pleased that I no longer drive 4 hours and pay a fortune to park and even more for a ticket and end up £100 out of pocket to pay for **** haircut etc.  Support non league ... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Explain please

We're 6th, we're not the 6th best team, easy really. We will end up lower than 8th unless something amazing happens. I guess you've seen the upcoming games?

• Like 1

LJ talks out of his arse shocker, looking at our remaining games I see 4 points if we are lucky.

We were shocking, but Paterson, Diedhiou and Pack will still start the next game, because LJ loves Paterson and has no credible replacements for Diedhiou or Pack.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Can't see us remaining there the way we are playing now. 

• Thanks 1

Deja vu, all the games seem to roll into one, I have a job telling them apart. Same formation, same start to the game, same substitutions like for like, at the same time, Matty Taylor coming on at the same time. the only thing that's different are the results, sometimes we get lucky, sometimes not, even when we win it all seems to be a bit samey, or should I say stale!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

We're 6th, we're not the 6th best team, easy really. We will end up lower than 8th unless something amazing happens. I guess you've seen the upcoming games?

Looks like Johnson's seasonal slump has started. Steve Bruce if only. 

13 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

I can see LJ out squad coming out again, that was awful, Who scouted that goalkeeper, bring back MO, then he brings MT on with 8 mins left, WHAT? 

Yep...and ive NEVER changed my mind

33 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Seriously.......

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

And ignore the right back **** up 18 monrhs on?

Ignore no credibie replacements for Pack or Diedhiou?

Ignore the  that he continues to play Diedhiou as a lone striker when he is clearly not up to it?

36 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

What a idiot not going again until he leaves 

We're in the play-offs you genius. Whether we end there or not, being there with 10 games to go and you're boycotting. Hang on while we start a petition to get you to change your mind at least?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just watch Sheffield Wednesday come charging up behind us with their ‘four promotions from the championship’ manager at the helm....3 points behind us....3 wins and 2 draws from the last 5....

I expect he's classed as a dinosaur manager by a lot on here. 

1 minute ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

It begins with the owner mate...

I know what your saying . It will never change as it’s a project doing it the City way and not being bankrolled by SL 

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And ignore the right back **** up 18 monrhs on?

Ignore no credibie replacements for Pack or Diedhiou?

Ignore the  that he continues to play Diedhiou as a lone striker when he is clearly not up to it?

What do you mean by the right back **** up 18 months on?

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

I know what your saying . It will never change as it’s a project doing it the City way and not being bankrolled by SL 

Yep. He doesn't want to get involved with the Premier league unless we stray into it by chance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Yep. He doesn't want to get involved with the Premier league unless we stray into it by chance. 

At the moment we are only one or two players short . Crying shame really 

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

At the moment we are only one or two players short . Crying shame really 

I agree. Frustrating as to fans the chance to compete regularly in the top flight would be special, its been a long time, we aint getting any younger and for a Billionaire 'fan' it would be simples....

3 minutes ago, smokey live said:

What do you mean by the right back **** up 18 months on?

Really?

ok 18 months ago we needed a better quality and LJ spends over a million on a right back that he obviously has little or no faith in, the other right back gets injured everytime he farts and we end up shoehorning in Wright 18 months on, ok Hunt played tonight but I fully expect Wright playing right back on Saturday, sorry it ain’t good enough.

I could move on to Watkins and even Taylor 

11 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Starting to believe SL doesn’t believe we’d survive in the prem and doesn’t want to deal with parachute payments/FFP over the years to follow!

Edited by BobbyIsMyDad