IGNORED

Start your club from scratch.

Major Isewater

Just a little bit of fun , you are now all considerably richer than Steve Lansdown, who you look down on as being a bit short of a bob or two by comparison, you can build a club from scratch.

What would you call your club ?

What would your strip be like ?

What would make your club different to all the others ? 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just a little bit of fun , you are now all considerably richer than Steve Lansdown, who you look down on as being a bit short of a bob or two by comparison, you can build a club from scratch.

Real BristolCity FC

Red shirts, white shorts and red socks.

They're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

Mine would be:

Bristol South End FC

Play at St John's Lane in a new stadium

Wear the Southville / Bedminster kit to reflect the other founder club .

bdmstr_1892-1898.gif

It would be different in that it would be a clear feeder club to Bristol City which would be allowed as it would be under different ownership.

I would resurrect Melchester Rovers, a club with a great history, but fallen on hard times. 

Kit = the old Melchester red and yellow kit with a new Nike as sponsor. 

I would appoint Roy Race as manager, which would be different as he must be at least 90 years old 

185A5202-2FF7-4609-89CB-D48CEAD7946F.gif

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

1. Major Isewater

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YdMaZRVUU8 

3.  01033968-a?$Detail$

35 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I would have a rule that players, coaches and managers must all have been born within 10 miles of the stadium!

This would mean that most investment goes into the academy and developing players, not buying them.

19 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I would resurrect Melchester Rovers, a club with a great history, but fallen on hard times. 

I would appoint Roy Race as manager, which would be different as he must be at least 90 years old 

You could have a game against my reborn team, Harchester United.

Bristol City Plus (can't think of a good name right now)

Would as one of my first moves implement expenditure of £20m per year on eventually developing a world beating academy- an Ajax but based here. Develop success rather than buy it- knowing we have if/when we reach the PL, the ability to hold onto the talent because of the TV money. Alternatively keep some, sell others for big money and reinvest the profits in ready made stars from elsewhere...would also offer silly money to all the residents of Ashton Road near the Atyeo- could either develop a real source of income away from the matchday- a road of properties rented until such a time as the club gets big enough for the 2 tier Atyeo, or take the plunge right away to look to put that 2nd tier on.

The current strip seems good- though I might have a pure red strip rather than red and white.

53 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Mine would be:

Bristol South End FC

bdmstr_1892-1898.gif

It would be different in that it would be a clear feeder club to Bristol City which would be allowed as it would be under different ownership.

I think we’re now far enough away from the mid 90s to get away with a chant of ‘BSE, B...S...E, BSE, BSE BSE...’ etc without every opposition fan wetting themselves at the unfortunate initials.

Games against the Gas would be billed ‘The Mad Cows vs The Horse Punchers’.

On a serious note, I think Bristol South End is a great name. 

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think we’re now far enough away from the mid 90s to get away with a chant of ‘BSE, B...S...E, BSE, BSE BSE...’ etc without every opposition fan wetting themselves at the unfortunate initials.

Games against the Gas would be billed ‘The Mad Cows vs The Horse Punchers’.

On a serious note, I think Bristol South End is a great name. 

I hadn't thought of that.

Here's our mascot then:

tenor.gif?itemid=11388515

47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bristol City Plus (can't think of a good name right now)

Would as one of my first moves implement expenditure of £20m per year on eventually developing a world beating academy- an Ajax but based here. Develop success rather than buy it- knowing we have if/when we reach the PL, the ability to hold onto the talent because of the TV money. Alternatively keep some, sell others for big money and reinvest the profits in ready made stars from elsewhere...would also offer silly money to all the residents of Ashton Road near the Atyeo- could either develop a real source of income away from the matchday- a road of properties rented until such a time as the club gets big enough for the 2 tier Atyeo, or take the plunge right away to look to put that 2nd tier on.

The current strip seems good- though I might have a pure red strip rather than red and white.

I not too sure how Bristol City would react to a rival club buying up houses next door to their ground .

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good grief.........you can tell City haven’t had a game for two weeks..................:fastasleep:

And that’s exactly why I tried to give my OTIB friends a little amusement.

Sorry lads , let it go .

Robbored’s not getting enough attention so if you could just get back to hammering his posts then order will be restored. 

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

What about Blackie Gray? 

Would "the safest hands in soccer" be goal keeping coach?

*it's been 40 years since I last heard/read about Melchester Rovers and co, so excuse any inaccuracies 

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Mine would be:

Bristol South End FC

bdmstr_1892-1898.gif

Great minds, I made a kit and played this as a team in a FM online game (can't remember which) the kit I made was

customimage (2).png

customimage (1).png

customimage.png

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry lads , let it go .

Robbored’s not getting enough attention so if you could just get back to hammering his posts then order will be restored. 

I’m surprised at you Major. 

I didn’t have you down as a wearisome time waster...........:fastasleep:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry lads , let it go .

Please don’t quote him I have him on ignore ?

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Yeah, bring back Kenny Dalkeith too

1. Bristol. Just the one name is needed as we'd represent the Bristol region. 

2. All red, with thin white stripes on the sleeves, shorts and socks. The opposite as a change of strip.

3. They'd represent the region and be all inclusive, with free travel included in match tickets, within a fifty mile radius.

I'd form a league club called England City FC and wear the same colours as England, and set in stone that the squad must always be comprised of the latest crop of top England International players.

I'd always offer one spot in the first team squad for a player from Bristol, even if not in the England squad.

Then see if they would romp the leagues and win the Premier League, Champions League etc.

I'd definitely start one in Cornwall. Problem is I played against Newquay FC when I was in sixth form, so I absolutely detest them and wouldn't have anything to do with them. Perhaps even just something like 'Saint Piran's Athletic'; not the name of a particular town or anything, just something Cornish that the county could get behind.

I'd put the ground in a place that really needs something to shout about, which isn't too difficult to find down here. Probably somewhere like St Austell or Bodmin. Yeah, unfashionable places, but being fashionable isn't a requirement to get into the Premier League. Bodmin is right by the A30 and a piece of piss to get to, so probably there. Definitely not Truro or West Cornwall; Truro gets too much special treatment and West Cornwall is too far away.

In terms of kit colour, it would probably be black, yellow and white so that it could be marketed as 'Cornwall's Team'. Branding as a team for all of Cornwall works well with the Pirates and the population density of Cornwall means you're going to have to try and appeal to the whole county if you want to make something big. I made a basic template which I don't think looks too bad. Away kit wouldn't be important, as long as there's no green in there.

What would make it different? Well, since I have obscene amounts of money, I wouldn't need to milk the fans dry to keep the club going. I would also make the club 'fan owned' in the 50+1 system, which would give good publicity and make the fans feel truly involved in the development of the club. Get a lot of community initiatives in there, invest heavily in grassroots football in Cornwall, and ideally have it as 'the team that rebuilt a county'. Hopefully build a formidable rivalry with Argyle, Truro, etc. One interesting way to make the club stand out would be to invest in loads of different sports; similar to BS I suppose but more in the way that European and Russian clubs do it, meaning that the grasroots investments aren't just limited to young footballers. Would be interesting to put a bunch of ice rinks around the county and make us become weirdly good at ice hockey or something.

You're probably going to cop flack for posting this but thanks for doing it, Major. It was fun to think about and hypothetically create a team.

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 12.30.31 AM.png

6 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

I'd definitely start one in Cornwall. Problem is I played against Newquay FC when I was in sixth form, so I absolutely detest them and wouldn't have anything to do with them. Perhaps even just something like 'Saint Piran's Athletic'; not the name of a particular town or anything, just something Cornish that the county could get behind.

I'd put the ground in a place that really needs something to shout about, which isn't too difficult to find down here. Probably somewhere like St Austell or Bodmin. Yeah, unfashionable places, but being fashionable isn't a requirement to get into the Premier League. Bodmin is right by the A30 and a piece of piss to get to, so probably there. Definitely not Truro or West Cornwall; Truro gets too much special treatment and West Cornwall is too far away.

In terms of kit colour, it would probably be black, yellow and white so that it could be marketed as 'Cornwall's Team'. Branding as a team for all of Cornwall works well with the Pirates and the population density of Cornwall means you're going to have to try and appeal to the whole county if you want to make something big. I made a basic template which I don't think looks too bad. Away kit wouldn't be important, as long as there's no green in there.

What would make it different? Well, since I have obscene amounts of money, I wouldn't need to milk the fans dry to keep the club going. I would also make the club 'fan owned' in the 50+1 system, which would give good publicity and make the fans feel truly involved in the development of the club. Get a lot of community initiatives in there, invest heavily in grassroots football in Cornwall, and ideally have it as 'the team that rebuilt a county'. Hopefully build a formidable rivalry with Argyle, Truro, etc. One interesting way to make the club stand out would be to invest in loads of different sports; similar to BS I suppose but more in the way that European and Russian clubs do it, meaning that the grasroots investments aren't just limited to young footballers. Would be interesting to put a bunch of ice rinks around the county and make us become weirdly good at ice hockey or something.

You're probably going to cop flack for posting this but thanks for doing it, Major. It was fun to think about and hypothetically create a team.

Thanks for your excellent post NR . I like your style, it wouldn’t surprise me to find your post scooped up by the Cornwall Times or whatever they have down there.

There are always the Moaning Minnies who , curiously, have the time to pour scorn on others attempts to create a bit of fun but rarely add anything of interest themselves. What they don’t realise is that they have , equally, been stimulated enough to reply so everyone’s a winner baby . 

7 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Cracking response, and impressive detail / thought.

Before I suggested England City FC (not sure if you saw it!) I was also going to opt for a big Cornwall team.  There is something truly special and unique about Cornwall.  I recall my first holiday there as a boy with a sense of awe and wonder, especially standing at Land's End and fighting the urge to jump from the rocks and try to swim as far as the eye could see.

7 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Kernow Utd?

i would hope a Cornish cream tea would be available at HT? 

Archived