IGNORED

Team for Saturday

daored

Interesting to see how we will line up on Saturday. I expect we will see  us compact and try and stay in the game for sixty minutes and then push on for the next thirty. 

I think we’ll go:

O’Leary

Wright Kalas Webster Kelly 

Winmanm Pack Brownhill Eliasson

Paterson

Diedhiou 

4 hours ago, daored said:

Interesting to see how we will line up on Saturday. I expect we will see  us compact and try and stay in the game for sixty minutes and then push on for the next thirty. 

I think we’ll go:

O’Leary

Wright Kalas Webster Kelly 

Winmanm Pack Brownhill Eliasson

Paterson

Diedhiou 

I love international breaks when we return with new signings!!?

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

O'Leary

Kalas Webster Kelly

Hunt.                            Dasilva

Brownhill  Pack

Paterson

Taylor. Diedhiou

SUBS. 

Marinovic, Wright, Smith, Walsh, Eliasson, Semenyo, Weimann

I do like that team , and thought he may go 3 at the back. I can’t see him going 2 up top from the start on Saturday. 

9 hours ago, Super said:

Why would he suddenly go 3 at the back when our away form is pretty good?

Possibly because even the good teams have struggled to contain United at home playing convential 442 it more modern 433 formations.  Plus LJ did it for the first 60 minutes of the home fixture, so thinks it has merit.

On 27/03/2019 at 22:02, JonDolman said:

O'Leary

Kalas Webster Kelly

Brownhill  Pack

Paterson

Taylor. Diedhiou

SUBS. 

I'm not sure we'll go with a formation change but I like this lineup. Particularly like Kelly at LCB combining with DaSilva. 

On 28/03/2019 at 08:14, Super said:

Why would he suddenly go 3 at the back when our away form is pretty good?

Pretty sure we played a back 3 when we beat them in the reverse fixture, turned out to be one of the best performances of the season.

9 minutes ago, krxs97 said:

Pretty sure we played a back 3 when we beat them in the reverse fixture, turned out to be one of the best performances of the season.

Really? From what I remember it was a pretty terrible game that we nicked late on. (would take the same tomorrow!)

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Really? From what I remember it was a pretty terrible game that we nicked late on. (would take the same tomorrow!)

The Blades at AG - first half was dire with neither team getting a shot on goal. Second 45 was far better with CoD and Watkins came as substitutes and combined to grab the winner.

LJ explained post match that research showed that the Blades score more goals during the first 45  and so LJ set up to stifle them first half and it worked perfectly. He then made two telling substitutions whose had a significant impact.

On 28/03/2019 at 05:02, JonDolman said:

O'Leary

Kalas Webster Kelly

Brownhill  Pack

Paterson

Taylor. Diedhiou

SUBS. 

While I quite like that, I'd swap Paterson for Smith/Walsh/Morrell and have a proper 3 in CMF. 

What I think will happen if we go to a back 3/5 , is we will set up nearer a 5-4-1 to start with just to keep it tight. LJ was very wary of SheffU in the home game, can't see tomorrow being any different. 

41 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While I quite like that, I'd swap Paterson for Smith/Walsh/Morrell and have a proper 3 in CMF. 

What I think will happen if we go to a back 3/5 , is we will set up nearer a 5-4-1 to start with just to keep it tight. LJ was very wary of SheffU in the home game, can't see tomorrow being any different. 

We all know LJ won’t leave Pato out.......

LJ outsmarted them at AG and hopefully he’ll have come up with a different strategy to do the same at Bramall Lane.

Here’s hoping for three points.............:fingerscrossed:

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We all know LJ won’t leave Pato out.......

LJ outsmarted them at AG and hopefully he’ll have come up with a different strategy to do the same at Bramall Lane.

Here’s hoping for three points.............:fingerscrossed:

The first part is what I would do. If LJ didn't drop Paterson when he'd been shite for months, he's not going to drop him after one bad game.
Knowing LJ , because he went to a back 3 for the home game , he'll avoid doing that again. We really need to be solid to stand a chance of picking anything up tomorrow, here's hoping.

Archived