IGNORED

Team for WBA

The hand of RO'D

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What team have you been watching this season ?

Pisano is good but, sadly,  can’t cope with the mileage and the speed necessary to be running up and down the pitch for ninety minutes in the attacking full back / wing back role .

Hunt is quick , athletic, sharp and positive and can do it for the full ninety so no comparison.

But cant tackle and is unlikely to get you a goal

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I believe though that Hunt is head of the list for assists ? 

Could one of our Stattos get the figures up please ? 

A little link for you to save Major!!!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-city/leistungsdaten/verein/698/reldata/%262018/plus/1

Even saved into a nice view / layout.

Taylor / Eliasson have the most (6) as the above hasn’t updated Wigan....then Hunt and O’Dowda (5).

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I believe though that Hunt is head of the list for assists ? 

Could one of our Stattos get the figures up please ? 

Andi’s 1st goal at Sheffield Utd was Hunts 5th assist of the season. 

1 minute ago, Negan said:

Andi’s 1st goal at Sheffield Utd was Hunts 5th assist of the season. 

I agree footballing wise that Hunt is the better attacking option, but controversially Pisano has two goals from 11 starts.  Interestingly for those players who’ve played more than a handful of games Pisano is second behind Wright in terms of points per game for outfield payers...both pipped by Frankie.

I would stick with 352 personally. Didn’t work against Wigan because ours was set up more for the better teams in the league and I also think it would be harsh to drop Wright because last three he has been very good. I would like to see Korey back in the 11 though and hopefully he’s back in tomorrow. Weimann I think the game would come too soon for. This is my team

O’Leary

Hunt

Kalas

Wright

Webster

Dasilva

Pack

Smith

Brownhill

Taylor

Diedhiou

2 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I would stick with 352 personally. Didn’t work against Wigan because ours was set up more for the better teams in the league and I also think it would be harsh to drop Wright because last three he has been very good. I would like to see Korey back in the 11 though and hopefully he’s back in tomorrow. Weimann I think the game would come too soon for. This is my team

O’Leary

Hunt

Kalas

Wright

Webster

Dasilva

Pack

Smith

Brownhill

Taylor

Diedhiou

If Smith is available again, definitely would go with that- Paterson for Smith...just upsets the balance, necessary though it was. The cohesion, link between midfield and attack just wasn't there in that shape.

My downer on Pato hasn't eased after Saturday, I would drop him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith come in, probably the only change then rely on impact subs. 
I would have started Palmer against Wigan, we probably would have expected more possession in the attacking third, Palmer can spot a pass while Paterson over complicates things. Knowing LJ (remember Leeds/Semenyo) he will throw in Palmer tomorrow. They are a threat, and can score goals, but they also give you a chance. I'm hoping our away form will stand us in good stead for this one, I think WBA will come at us a little.

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I think Weimann is the only player we have with the pace and vision to operate as a solo striker.

During our "poor patch" in the middle of this season, Johnson had the idea of highly mobile full backs bombing up the wing and then passing to our wide midfielders who'd be cutting in and supplying the cross for Fammy.  Trouble was, Fam was not as fast as the wide players and usually had a big defender sitting right on his shoulder as if glued there. The full-backs would be trying to keep the ball until it was ready to be released and if they lost possession, opponents had a break on with at least one of our defenders waaay out of position.

If we think about the first half v Wigan, most of the problems came through playing a wing back system, particularly with DaSilva being off his usual game and the back 3 not lined up in a way they felt comfortable with. When we switched to an orthodox 4-4-2 we looked much more capable, scored twice and we're unlucky to concede in ET, but tbh I'd have tried a bit harder to get that third rather than trying to "game manage" from about the 70th minute. Maybe if Johnson had made the switch at HT, we'd have got that third goal? 

Think he needs to get it right from the off it came off saturday with the subs except like he said he would like to have tightened it up by using Baker was wondering about the fullback change kelly for Desilva couldnt bring Baker on cause he allready had used his subs 

West Brom destroyed us with counter-attacks back in the autumn. We played 442 in that match. Kelly, Kalas, Webster and Hunt as a back 4. Watkins and COD on the wings.

They've got a different manager but nothing I've seen suggests they've drastically changed up their style.  Personally I might try the 352 again. Thoughts being that it allows you to go forward but to then drop back to 5 at the back when countered. However, this would require Hunt and Dasilva to be slightly more conservative when going forward so they don't get caught upfield when West Brom run at us.

I hope the home fans are prepared for another cautious first half because I expect that is how this will play out.  0-0 at HT will be a good first half for us so try not too get too disgruntled if that first 45 mins isn't the prettiest.

This is a really tough selection for LJ.  I’ve sat here on and off all day putting various selections together, and see pros and cons.

I want two up top.

I want Palmer in for Pato

I want Smith in if fit

I want Dasilva in if not tired

I want to play a back 3, but wary of West Brom playing 3 across the front line

I’d like to accommodate Eliasson after some good cameo performances off the bench

To do this I probably need to leave out one off Pack or Brownhill!!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Oh well who can argue with ‘ a few on Radio Bristol ‘ ?  

Twentyman?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Oh well who can argue with ‘ a few on Radio Bristol ‘ ?  

Radio Bristol has terrible fools calling in most the time...

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

This is a really tough selection for LJ.  I’ve sat here on and off all day putting various selections together, and see pros and cons.

I want two up top.

I want Smith in if fit

I’d like to accommodate Eliasson after some good cameo performances off the bench

Taking into account LJs interview post Wigan, I would think that Paterson and Dasilva will be rested as their energy levels and application were down.

I'm not sure we are at the point where LJ is making the same mistake as last season in flogging the same players till they drop but he needs to get fresh legs into the side. And the sooner Maenpaa is back the better.

Back four for me this game against a very good front line for WBA and I'd like to get Palmer on the pitch from the start.

So back to a familiar 4-4-1-1 to start the game.

28 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Taking into account LJs interview post Wigan, I would think that Paterson and Dasilva will be rested as their energy levels and application were down.

I'm not sure we are at the point where LJ is making the same mistake as last season in flogging the same players till they drop but he needs to get fresh legs into the side. And the sooner Maenpaa is back the better.

Back four for me this game against a very good front line for WBA and I'd like to get Palmer on the pitch from the start.

So back to a familiar 4-4-1-1 to start the game.

Palmer all day long not a bloke that only puts in twenty minutes and gets subbed every game .

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What team have you been watching this season ?

Pisano is good but, sadly,  can’t cope with the mileage and the speed necessary to be running up and down the pitch for ninety minutes in the attacking full back / wing back role .

Hunt is quick , athletic, sharp and positive and can do it for the full ninety so no comparison.

What makes you think your right Hunt bombs forward but cant defend pisanos weakness is hes injured all the time talking of full ninetys whats your view on patterson he only puts in twenty gets subbed every game and still gets chosen?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I want two up top.

I want Smith in if fit

Hard to do but they both look jaded lately

12 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I can see LJ going back to 4-4-1-1 for tomorrow's game. 

O'Leary

Hunt Webster Kalas Da Silva

Brownhill Pack Smith Elliason

Palmer

Fam

I can see Kasey starting tomorrow with Brownhill operating as a more of a RCM a bit like he did last year. I'm hoping Korey will be back as well need some bite in midfield. Matty for me is much more effective coming on for the final third of the game when we might still be level and try to snatch a winner. 

I'm hoping tomorrow we start bright and on the front foot and actually take the game and the lead against what is a very good wba. Too many times we've had to, and successfully, turn games around at home. What id do for a comfortable 2-0 win tomorrow and cement us right in the play off mix. 

Can I borrow your crystal ball!

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

What makes you think your right Hunt bombs forward but cant defend pisanos weakness is hes injured all the time talking of full ninetys whats your view on patterson he only puts in twenty gets subbed every game and still gets chosen?

I think Pisano is fine- but he's just not so great going forward.

Hunt definitely provides a better attacking threat though, seems more of a threat when he's on that side. Whether that detracts from us defensively is a different debate. Pisano may well be better defensively, especially if we are looking to set up in a more cautious manner.

Certainly in a 3-5-2, Hunt over Pisano every time for me. Back 4, more variable.

O'Leary

Kalas Wright Webster

Hunt Brownhill Pack Smith Da Silva

Taylor Diedhiou

That is if Smith is fit of course.

If not, Morrell for Smith maybe? Think more of a natural fit in a centralish 3 than Paterson for sure. Would it be too big a game for him? Was a mistake playing him v Wolves in a '2' IMO but he is young- still in that game, had he started but in a 3 it may well have enabled us to compete better in midfield in that first half.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

O'Leary

Kalas Wright Webster

Hunt Brownhill Pack Smith Da Silva

Taylor Diedhiou

That is if Smith is fit of course.

If not, Morrell for Smith maybe? Think more of a natural fit in a centralish 3 than Paterson for sure. Would it be too big a game for him? Was a mistake playing him v Wolves in a '2' IMO but he is young- still in that game, had he started but in a 3 it may well have enabled us to compete better in midfield in that first half.

Not bad hopefully korey is ok need to match them in midfield think morrell has a lot of energy with palmer coming on later in the game if korey or Taylor tires

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A little link for you to save Major!!!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-city/leistungsdaten/verein/698/reldata/%262018/plus/1

Even saved into a nice view / layout.

Taylor / Eliasson have the most (6) as the above hasn’t updated Wigan....then Hunt and O’Dowda (5).

Why has Elliasson got a Brazilian flag alongside his name?...........any idea?

Archived