IGNORED

Kortney Hause

WhistleHappy

Read on twitter that Villa are having a bit of a defender crisis, Smith has said it will be last minute to see if Hause can play. If not it looks like it will be Jedinak at Centre back,  who has just returned from injury himself and played there against Rotherham (although he is naturally a defensive midfielder).

Their other defender is Axel Tuanzebe, an ex-Man Utd academy player they signed for 5mill in the summer, who has only just recently returned from 4 months out himself. Obviously Mings is out suspended too. 

So all in all looking like it could be a slapped together defence for Villa on Saturday with players either playing with slight knocks or out of position. Taking in mind that they have also had a days less rest than we have, let's hope our forwards can get in and around them. 

Mind you, after recent results at Villa park, I would snap your hand off for the most boring 0-0 draw ever seen. 

14 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Read on twitter that Villa are having a bit of a defender crisis, Smith has said it will be last minute to see if Hause can play. If not it looks like it will be Jedinak at Centre back,  who has just returned from injury himself and played there against Rotherham (although he is naturally a defensive midfielder).

Their other defender is Axel Tuanzebe, an ex-Man Utd academy player they signed for 5mill in the summer, who has only just recently returned from 4 months out himself. Obviously Mings is out suspended too. 

So all in all looking like it could be a slapped together defence for Villa on Saturday with players either playing with slight knocks or out of position. Taking in mind that they have also had a days less rest than we have, let's hope our forwards can get in and around them. 

Mind you, after recent results at Villa park, I would snap your hand off for the most boring 0-0 draw ever seen. 

Chester could be back too.

Kortney Hause set to miss the game

“He’s going to struggle. I’ll leave it til as late as possible but it’s looking doubtful at the moment. I want to look at him in the morning but it’s a hip flexor problem. If not then we’ve got players who can play there. Hutton’s trained for the last 10 days or so, so he’s available for selection. Tommy Elphick has trained but probably not enough to be involved.”

Archived