Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Aston Villa v Bristol City Match Day 41

Good day folks.

It's a beautiful day in Bristol right now as over 1k City fans drive up the M5 to fellow playoff hopefuls Villa.

I had a whole thread planned and then my mum's best friend gave me a bottle of her homemade Italian red wine and all I can think of now is paracetamol and Costa coffee. I'm a bad human.

So with that in mind, I'll be digging through this weeks Twitter feed and having a debate...

At the Brom game, a certain duo were photographed sitting in the SS, courtesy of OTIB mod @WesM...

Darren Way and Dean Smith were also in attendance. But no one seems to know why Dopey and co were there.

Rumours abound that he's taking over at Yeovil, Marcus was taking his pal for a night out or perhaps Marcus is trying for a job with old buddies Lee and Jamie and took Dopey for moral support. 

No one really knows... hmmm.

So what's the tea? Any ITKs out there?

Any one wondering what Dopey thought of AG? Any one wondering what Dopey thinks of "that lot up the road?" now?

On to today. No doubt Villa will be giving it "it's your big day out" blah blah blah. But this has a draw written all over it. Our away form is scorching right now and Villa aren't playing to shabby neither. 2-2 draw. Mings is also banned because he's a naughty boy. Ones to watch are City rejects Kodj, Tammy Tammy and Uncle Albert. Also the slimeball himself Jack Grealish. The man has more grease in his hair than KFC on Winterstoke Road.

We are Villa's feeder club. Never forget.

Until next time folks.

COYRs!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Let’s hope SP that later on you are cracking open another bottle of the homemade Italian red to celebrate a famous City win. 

To all the travelling Reds, give it large and roar the boys on, just like you have all season. 

Whatever the result today this season still has loads of twists and turns in it. This is easily the game of the day in the Championship, with a big crowd and two teams in form who are sitting alongside each other in play off places - it promises to be a cracker.

COYR.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Grealish out injured? Or so goes the rumour doing the rounds 🤞

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Grealish out injured? Or so goes the rumour doing the rounds 🤞

Where are the rumours? Do they also suggest that Tammy has got a poorly toe and is going to be rested?

14 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Where are the rumours? Do they also suggest that Tammy has got a poorly toe and is going to be rested?

I've only seen a Villa fan with 20k followers on Twitter say it so far. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Hmmm 1

Think its gonna be an interesting game. We are not afraid of any team in this leauge, the confidence is there and I think we can take one or all points. Always believe, COYR!!!

• Like 1

Pretty sure we've won every game we've played in the white with the Robin.... would love for that to continue!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Good day folks.

It's a beautiful day in Bristol right now as over 1k City fans drive up the M5 to fellow playoff hopefuls Villa.

I had a whole thread planned and then my mum's best friend gave me a bottle of her homemade Italian red wine and all I can think of now is paracetamol and Costa coffee. I'm a bad human.

So with that in mind, I'll be digging through this weeks Twitter feed and having a debate...

At the Brom game, a certain duo were photographed sitting in the SS, courtesy of OTIB mod @WesM...

Darren Way and Dean Smith were also in attendance. But no one seems to know why Dopey and co were there.

Rumours abound that he's taking over at Yeovil, Marcus was taking his pal for a night out or perhaps Marcus is trying for a job with old buddies Lee and Jamie and took Dopey for moral support. 

No one really knows... hmmm.

So what's the tea? Any ITKs out there?

Any one wondering what Dopey thought of AG? Any one wondering what Dopey thinks of "that lot up the road?" now?

On to today. No doubt Villa will be giving it "it's your big day out" blah blah blah. But this has a draw written all over it. Our away form is scorching right now and Villa aren't playing to shabby neither. 2-2 draw. Mings is also banned because he's a naughty boy. Ones to watch are City rejects Kodj, Tammy Tammy and Uncle Albert. Also the slimeball himself Jack Grealish. The man has more grease in his hair than KFC on Winterstoke Road.

We are Villa's feeder club. Never forget.

Until next time folks.

COYRs!

I think that Dopey and Marcus were looking to see the fittings for our big screens.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, mr.Maenpaa said:

most likely a draw but hopeful our away form will shine today and give us a win. coyr

Shouldn't you be doing some rehab for your injury?

Please if you find any stream, send me a private message to get notification so I can watch at work. I m so nervous about this game and I want to be involved as much as I can.

COYR ! Let's smash them !

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

Please if you find any stream, send me a private message to get notification so I can watch at work. I m so nervous about this game and I want to be involved as much as I can.

COYR ! Let's smash them !

Try Hesgoal.

Looks like the 4222 to me. Brownhill deeper next to pack, Weimann and Eliasson in the wider midfield. Fam and 🐍 up top.

Hitting them hard first 30 mins.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

Looks like we're going back to 4-4-1-1? 

LB: Da Silva
CB: Webster
CB: Kalas
RB: Hunt
LM: Eliasson
CM: Pack
CM: Brownhill
RM: Weimann
SS: Taylor
ST: Fammy

?

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m done trying to guess what team or formation we’re going to field so god knows how Dean Smiths planned...

LJ has gone for the Directory Enquiries formation, 1-1-8. Let's hope we get through.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m done trying to guess what team or formation we’re going to field so god knows how Dean Smiths planned...

Looks three pronged attack with Taylor and Weimann sitting behind Diedhiou. Behind that I’m as confused as most  

1 minute ago, Spike said:

?

Actually, it could be a 4-3-3

LCM: Eliasson
RCM: Brownhill
RW: Weimann
LW: Taylor

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Looks like the 4222 to me.

Hitting them hard first 30 mins.

I think we're a centre back/deep midfielder short for that. Perhaps 4-3-3 with Marlon playing deeper in midfield?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

That’s quite a selection 

I reckon we’re going at them hard. Villa have only picked up in defence since Mings arrived and with him/Hause out, they’re back to 34 year old midfielder Jedinak at centre half.

If it goes to plan, we’ll run the arse off him up front

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spike said:

?

That’s what I just posted on Twitter.

Villa going a bit 451 by the looks...

41AD3F16-0F29-4C42-9852-1FE673D812EA.thumb.png.e1e3b32ac09f337dcb5467f884fe0941.png

...or 4231, but Hourihane and Whelan holding.

7 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Looks three pronged attack with Taylor and Weimann sitting behind Diedhiou. Behind that I’m as confused as most  

I thought. 4-2-3-1. NE and AW wider with MT behind FM. But who knows with LJ. 

Edited by robin_unreliant

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

Hope not, Brownhill is a central player.

Not much use out on the right.

Unlike Tuesday night 👀

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

That’s what I just posted on Twitter.

Villa going a bit 451 by the looks...

41AD3F16-0F29-4C42-9852-1FE673D812EA.thumb.png.e1e3b32ac09f337dcb5467f884fe0941.png

...or 4231, but Hourihane and Whelan holding.

Going to be a very tough match, we struggle when teams overload the midfield and Villa have some amazing talent in the middle, even without Grealish 

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I reckon we’re going at them hard. Villa have only picked up in defence since Mings arrived and with him/Hause out, they’re back to 34 year old midfielder Jedinak at centre half.

If it goes to plan, we’ll run the arse off him up front

Fancy Eliasson / Dasilva running at Jedinak?

Johnson must have balls of titanium to pick a lineup like that. Is that the most attacking team selection he's made all season? Against these lot?

So, two Villa players missing, Grealish has choked on his hair gel, whilst Kodjia suffered concussion after walking into his wage packet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interestingly even ardent City fans don’t know which formation we are going to start with! Also noteworthy is that they are without Grealish and Kodja does not feature at all.

That is not the best Villa line-up and should encourage us.

No Hause, Mings or Chester....Jedinak a DM who has no pace, alongside Tuanzebe, who is inexperienced.

Belief!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Looks to me like Webster playing up front with Hunt. 

Dasilva in goal and Max on the left wing .

Didn’t see that coming did you Villa ? 

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

That's what I thought. 4-2-3-1. But who knows with LJ. 

That’s what I think. 

4-2-3-1 

Eliasson - Weiman - Taylor causing mayhem behind Fammy 

Pack and Brownhill central. 

I wonder if Taylor is playing a lot deeper today with Weimann and Eliasson pace on the flanks. I have wondered in the past if Taylor could play midfield. He has the work rate, technique.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

For Villa, grealish, kodjia, and mings all out. Albert and Tammy start. Still going to be tough. 

Agreed that is still a formidable side but we have a better chance with their absentees.

COYR.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is not the best Villa line-up and should encourage us.

No Hause, Mings or Chester....Jedinak a DM who has no pace, alongside Tuanzebe, who is inexperienced.

Belief!!!

Certainly not going to 0-0

We can take advantage of them defensively, but with that frontline we will have to be at our best