IGNORED

Offside?

Silvio Dante

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Weimann's 4th disallowed goal of the season I make that.

The one at Nottingham Forest was a joke. Clearly onside. One v Swansea and today looked very marginal. 

What about Derby away? Never either seen that one or even any pictures of it. Definitely offside I assume?

Was wondering the scores at the times of these incorrect offsides, and just scores if they hadn't been given.

So yesterday 0-0 at time of it. 

Result had it not been scratched off 2-2 (although football isn't that simple and the whole game would have taken a different path).

17 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I've no idea how accurate that red line is someone drew.

Either way it is a marginal decision that went against us - it happens. What was really not acceptable was the pen decision but then we had similar at home to QPR. 

And a goal wrongly ruled out against QPR.

56 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was wondering the scores at the times of these incorrect offsides, and just scores if they hadn't been given.

Result had it not been scratched off 2-2 (although football isn't that simple and the whole game would have taken a different path).

Whole different path agreed.

Can kind of forgive the linesman getting it wrong yesterday- that was a real tight call! In real time even more so.

Penalty though? Disgrace about sums it up for me.

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

I lose track of what the rules are these days. If it's 'any part of his body' in front of the last man then he's off. If it's 'daylight' then he's on. Personally, I think he's onside

I thought it was " when the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars" then he's onside.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Derby was definitely onside too, could be a crucial one

We don't seem to be getting much from officials this season...

Derby one, odd how there's no footage online or even this forum. Or even a still picture.

Going to watch that game back at some stage, when was it (roughly), ie around which minute?

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Whole different path agreed.

Can kind of forgive the linesman getting it wrong yesterday- that was a real tight call! In real time even more so.

Penalty though? Disgrace about sums it up for me.

Weimann must be thinking he's been cursed this season.

10 goals scored I think, plus 4 wrongly ruled out, plus a couple correctly ruled out.

It isn't often someone reaches double figures in goals with over a third of what they have scored has been ruled out.

Especially considering he was on something like 15 goals in 130 Championship games before signing for us.

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We don't seem to be getting much from officials this season...

Derby one, odd how there's no footage online or even this forum. Or even a still picture.

Going to watch that game back at some stage, when was it (roughly), ie around which minute?

Midway through second half, heres the live reaction

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/198468-derby-county-v-bristol-city-match-day-23/page/6/

Will VAR have to become the norm in the championship? 

We have suffered the inconsistent idiot officials for years, as have many other clubs, is it worth the delays in the game to achieve fairness? The points we have lost this season could well end up costing us. If we can’t have decent officials on the pitch, is it time to push for the insurance of technology?

Has to be a good time to start the discussion when we have a seat at the top table in the EFL

23 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Weimann must be thinking he's been cursed this season.

10 goals scored I think, plus 4 wrongly ruled out, plus a couple correctly ruled out.

It isn't often someone reaches double figures in goals with over a third of what they have scored has been ruled out.

Especially considering he was on something like 15 goals in 130 Championship games before signing for us.

It's 4 in total. Anything up to 4 incorrectly ruled out. I make it Derby away, Nottingham Forest away, Swansea at home and Saturday at Aston Villa. At least 2 and maybe all 4 of those legit- would have to watch each one individually

Regards his prior  record...don't forget he has played along the front line at varied clubs and his versatility is a strength and weakness. 15 goals yes, but factor in assists and it looks a bit better IMO.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80719/History/Andreas-Weimann

On 14/04/2019 at 14:17, JamesBCFC said:

Think Swansea and Nottingham Forest games 0-0, Derby cannot recall and 1-0 yesterday of course.

Would debate whether all 4 were onside, but regardless denied at least 2 goals I'd suggest and maybe 3-4.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's 4 in total. Anything up to 4 incorrectly ruled out. I make it Derby away, Nottingham Forest away, Swansea at home and Saturday at Aston Villa. At least 2 and maybe all 4 of those legit- would have to watch each one individually

Regards his prior  record...don't forget he has played along the front line at varied clubs and his versatility is a strength and weakness. 15 goals yes, but factor in assists and it looks a bit better IMO.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80719/History/Andreas-Weimann

Of course, he was often stuck out on the wing, and even has been quite a bit while here.

Shown what he can do when played central though 

On 13/04/2019 at 22:22, Mr Popodopolous said:

Weimann's 4th disallowed goal of the season I make that.

The one at Nottingham Forest was a joke. Clearly onside. One v Swansea and today looked very marginal. 

What about Derby away? Never either seen that one or even any pictures of it. Definitely offside I assume?

Forest one- well onside

Swansea one- close one thought it was off but don’t think he had too many complaints about it.

Derby away- can’t actually remember that one

11 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Forest one- well onside

Swansea one- close one thought it was off but don’t think he had too many complaints about it.

Derby away- can’t actually remember that one

Was clearly onside at Nottingham Forest- how the linesman got that one wrong??

Swansea one, I'd have to look back at. Tend to agree.

Derby away, it's in the match thread for when we played them just before Christmas. Consensus on there seemed to be on!

Saturday? Cannot make up my mind.

Oh and Pisano v QPR was curious.

To get all 5 disallowed is very strange.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was clearly onside at Nottingham Forest- how the linesman got that one wrong??

Swansea one, I'd have to look back at. Tend to agree.

Derby away, it's in the match thread for when we played them just before Christmas. Consensus on there seemed to be on!

Saturday? Cannot make up my mind.

Oh and Pisano v QPR was curious.

To get all 5 disallowed is very strange.

Pisanos disallowed goal quite simply should’ve stood. If had to pick one that we should’ve got it would be that one however the ref did us a favour and gave us a penalty that was very controversial 

14 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Pisanos disallowed goal quite simply should’ve stood. If had to pick one that we should’ve got it would be that one however the ref did us a favour and gave us a penalty that was very controversial 

Evened out didn't it!

Wrong call, bad call aka Pisano's goal...penalty gained cancelled out in a sense- 2 wrongs don't often make a right but could be argued that was!

17 hours ago, Flint says No said:

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Evened out didn't it!

Wrong call, bad call aka Pisano's goal...penalty gained cancelled out in a sense- 2 wrongs don't often make a right but could be argued that was!

The QPR penalty wasn't even that controversial.

Vaguely remember on the highlights show it was looked at a few times and they agreed it's a penalty

29 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The QPR penalty wasn't even that controversial.

Vaguely remember on the highlights show it was looked at a few times and they agreed it's a penalty

Well it was doubtful as I recall- questionable anyway.

The Weimann goal, or disallowed goal I should say- watched it back several times and just cannot decide...at real time, or even retrospectively it is definitely no howler. Very tight either way- usually some of them go for you, some against- but not for him this season, 2 wrongly disallowed and 2 open to interpretation!

Throw in the Pisano goal, the dodgy dodgy penalty Saturday- well I say dodgy, joke more like, and of course Tettey's failure to get a second yellow which would have meant red card at AG when he could have been off twice, or thrice when we were on top v Norwich in December- well it's fair to say we are doing it the hard way and not just because of a poor start but through officials too!

Archived