Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Already booked a premier inn for 2 nights so hopefully enough allocation to get me two tickets 🙂

• Like 1

I would expect less than 10k attendance, their average is only 11.5k.

It'll be a great atmosphere...

But we'll be there.

Could be a lot depending on it..

All depends on where we are and if we are still in contention.. I'll be going either way, I love playing fancy dress last away match, I'll love it even more if we get our place in the playoffs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Anyone know what sort of allocation we are likely to get for this one?

2,400. It's easy enough to buy tickets in the home end there if needs be; whether we'd need that or not I don't know even if we needed something from the game. Such a poor kick off time.

First train from London arrives at 12:15... which is a shame. Hopefully everything is tied up after the Millwall game!

13 hours ago, Super said:

12.30 on a sunday. Shocking last fixture!

Yup. Don't know about Bristol but from where I am in Oxford it is literally impossible to get there on the day in time for kick off. Cheers Sky.

Awful kick off time fair play to anyone travelling.

All depends on whether the game means anything but if we can get anywhere near 1000 up there that’d be a solid effort

30 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Yup. Don't know about Bristol but from where I am in Oxford it is literally impossible to get there on the day in time for kick off. Cheers Sky.

I’m pretty sure it is literally possible to get from Oxford to Hull by midday..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure it is literally possible to get from Oxford to Hull by midday..! 

It's called "getting up early".... I'll be leaving Bristol about 6am.....back by about 7-8pm....time for many celebration sherbets in the local on return 🍺🍺🍺COYR⚽⚽

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Forgot to add the 'by train' bit...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I never have the chance to travel away, so am still clinging to the hope of a rare beam back!

I am sure we will receive a beamback for the Hull game (again depending on our status in the Playoffs, but would see no reason as to why they wouldn't show it anyway) as we did do one for the last game of the season against QPR (15/16 season). We still have 3 to use up mind!

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:27, bcfcshorey said:

First train from London arrives at 12:15... which is a shame. Hopefully everything is tied up after the Millwall game!

Yes annoying as I was thinking of going. Having worked for six months in Hull a while back I don't really fancy "making a weekend of it" and I don't think I could persuade Mrs RR that a weekend in Hull would be a highlight. Looked at driving but for me it's too much in one day. 

On 14/04/2019 at 22:20, Izza said:

Already booked a premier inn for 2 nights so hopefully enough allocation to get me two tickets 🙂

You’re spending two nights in Hull! Are you a Cadbury's Fruit & Nut case?

• Haha 2

Just had a look and as far as I can see, there are no trains up on the Sunday morning. 
Got some mates staying up for the weekend, but I can't get past thinking **** that ! Hull for a ******* weekend. 
I look forward to the posts saying what a lovely place it is , but I won't hold my breath.
I think I will be looking for a pub showing the game 🤞

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

No he's not but I have to admit Hull might as well be in another Galaxy 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

CATS coaches leave at 5am, surely that’s a bit overkill? We will get there 10.30 ish even with an hour at the services?! Can’t imagine there will be much traffic on a Sunday morning, only football traffic.

And another thing, I notice there are several long haul fixtures that day. We do 227 miles each way, taking a shade under 4 hours. Leeds to Ipswich is pretty much the same as is Preston to Brentford. Millwall going to Wigan takes 20 minutes more at 219 miles each way but the longest distance must be 248 miles taking over 4 1/2 hours each way is Swansea going to Blackburn.

The FA have known from fixture release the KO would be 12.30. Wouldn’t it be more fairer to the fans for the long trips to be on a normal Saturday and the more local games to be played at 12.30pm on the last Sunday. I understand they wouldnt want feisty derbies as such, but maybe they would as they might be early KO anyway. Crazy distances involved.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just had a look and as far as I can see, there are no trains up on the Sunday morning. 
Got some mates staying up for the weekend, but I can't get past thinking **** that ! Hull for a ******* weekend. 
I look forward to the posts saying what a lovely place it is , but I won't hold my breath.
I think I will be looking for a pub showing the game 🤞

It’s an hour by train from Leeds, plenty to do in Leeds on a Saturday night.

1 1/4 hrs from Sheffield.

Edited by Countryfile

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

The FA have known from fixture release the KO would be 12.30. Wouldn’t it be more fairer to the fans for the long trips to be on a normal Saturday and the more local games to be played at 12.30pm on the last Sunday. I

That would be an idea, if they actually gave a toss about travelling fans.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

That would be an idea, if they actually gave a toss about travelling fans.

True. I guess my plan is somewhat flawed 🙄

Doesn’t seem to be any child prices etc, one price for all. The cheaper price is for two blocks ( where we were last time, corner/end view. Just got mine, there seems to be around 500 tickets left. On the OS  it says these blocks will be sold first before Hull will release the other blocks ( which are dearer as corner/side view. There is no refund or transfer between the blocks. Hope this helps

I'm going to guess sometime between the Wednesday and Millwall games. As there won't be a change in Kick-Off time I'm sure they're allowed to make the decision whenever.

27 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

5am start 😂. Is the coach going to Scotland first?!

12.30 Kick off!!

Not excusing the coach time but it is Bank Holiday weekend. Plenty of time to celebrate / comiserate / moan at the ref / lament wasted life (delete as appropriate)

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

When do Sky announce the tv games for the last day?

I want to go to Hull, but a 12.30pm kick off makes it a right pain in the ass. 5am start!!

@Never to the dark side?? Any idea mate

Wont be until the week before.

20 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Went to hull last season .some lovely pubs by the marina .🍺

35 minutes ago, basshead said:

some lovely pubs by the marina .

The Morris Marina? One of the more modern cars available up there.

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

How odd that no children prices!

If anyone from the club is reading this (I don't know how to tag people I'm afraid) would it be possible to confirm this is correct- no kids prices. I want to buy mine and my son's tickets but don't want to pay over the odds if there's a glitch - as you say it's very unusual and the fact there's no  explanation makes me question whether it's right.

32 minutes ago, Zookeeper WSM said:

If anyone from the club is reading this (I don't know how to tag people I'm afraid) would it be possible to confirm this is correct- no kids prices. I want to buy mine and my son's tickets but don't want to pay over the odds if there's a glitch - as you say it's very unusual and the fact there's no  explanation makes me question whether it's right.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, tagging you in this.

But Zookeeper I don’t think there are kids or concessions prices as I said. I checked on Hull’s site for home supporters, they seem to use zonal price banding and don’t offer anything different. Their tickets are priced £18 - £30. Maybe all kids etc have Season Ticket deals, but certainly nothing evident. Their home match against Sheff Utd on Monday is priced £24 - £33, maybe it’s priced higher or all £18 seats have gone, which will soon happen for us I think.

Im sure @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO will correct me if I’m wrong, I would hate to mislead you but that’s how I see it.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, tagging you in this.

But Zookeeper I don’t think there are kids or concessions prices as I said. I checked on Hull’s site for home supporters, they seem to use zonal price banding and don’t offer anything different. Their tickets are priced £18 - £30. Maybe all kids etc have Season Ticket deals, but certainly nothing evident. Their home match against Sheff Utd on Monday is priced £24 - £33, maybe it’s priced higher or all £18 seats have gone, which will soon happen for us I think.

Im sure @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO will correct me if I’m wrong, I would hate to mislead you but that’s how I see it.

Thanks RedM

27 minutes ago, Zookeeper WSM said:

Thanks RedM

I’m sure I read somewhere that there was a massive fuss made up at Hull a couple of years ago because they stopped offering concession prices.

Looks like that’s still the case up there now. 

On 15/04/2019 at 11:51, bcfctim said:

May I politely ask what the kick off time has to do with Sky? All 12 championship games that day kick off at the same time....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Christ.

Just buy them. You might - just might - see history in the making.

I was there in 2019 when we got to the Premiership.....

Can’t put a price in that. 

And even if we can’t get Top Two by then, or if we miss out on play offs, or **** it up during the play offs a couple of quid over a lifetime?

Is it worth the queries now?

Buy them at whatever price. Get behind your team. And pray.....🙏🏻

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

May I politely ask what the kick off time has to do with Sky? All 12 championship games that day kick off at the same time....

They would have dictated the kick off time and they have the choice of whatever game they want 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Christ.

Just buy them. You might - just might - see history in the making.

I was there in 2019 when we got to the Premiership.....

Can’t put a price in that. 

And even if we can’t get Top Two by then, or if we miss out on play offs, or **** it up during the play offs a couple of quid over a lifetime?

Is it worth the queries now?

Buy them at whatever price. Get behind your team. And pray.....🙏🏻

Agree but ..... Top two? 

Just now, Riaz said:

They would have dictated the kick off time and they have the choice of whatever game they want 

Ah ok, thanks - I didn’t realise they could dictate kick off times for a whole division...including games they aren’t interested in...blimey, is there no end to their hold over football?!