Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

37 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Have you got network envy?

@JamesBCFC just to help you out I was using the EE phone advert not the car insurance car advert but you are obviously Confused perhaps you should go to compare the market or failing that have a Hamlet or if you have a bike push it up constitution hill or Whiteladies road and get a loaf of bread.

• Confused 1

This thread is now up to 2400 pages. The same number of pages Jaily Birdon's excuses ran to after the latest defeat for the Rent Boys.

Agent Snakey, Agent Hobbit, Agent Pitman. Have any of their run-in opponents got a player named Ted Ashton? That'd be the final indignity for the Scum...

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

This thread is now up to 2400 pages. The same number of pages Jaily Birdon's excuses ran to after the latest defeat for the Rent Boys.

Agent Snakey, Agent Hobbit, Agent Pitman. Have any of their run-in opponents got a player named Ted Ashton? That'd be the final indignity for the Scum...

Can't really see anyone of note (thought Joe Morrell but he's now Luton and not Lincoln), but MK Dons have a centre half called Harry Darling, if he could score against them to send them down, cue the Blackadder line - 'thank you Darling'...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, TheReds said:

I don't think the question is "will Joey leave", I think it is more "why the hell would Preston want him"? 

Absolutely no chance in my opinion, but I wouldn't mind being proved wrong on this at all.

Why do we want him to leave? He`s doing a wonderful job at the swamp proving he`s even more shit than the last two incompetents they appointed.

#joeymuststay

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m not having that - it shows them getting eight more points. That`s crazy talk!

True!  They have 34 points from 38 games so 0.89 ppg so 7 more points if they keep that form going, so will end with 41.  I think even increasing that ppg to 1 to end on 46 points would mean 12 points from final 8 so 4 wins, never happening with the team they have, and even if it did would 46 be enough, not sure if would although some equally terrible teams down there

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I secretly love them...

E3AFD3DD-5692-492D-9A77-23D50BCC88BF.jpeg

The only real surprise is that none of them have raised the prospect of signing Messi as he will be out of contract at the end of the season anyway. :)

11 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Cockman no because he left on his own accord. 

But rovers are still potentially paying off Dopey Darrell (his contract runs out in June 2022). They are paying off Alf (June 2022) and Tisdale (June 2023). 

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Barton gets locked up in the summer. Did Wally include a clause in the contract? Or will they also be paying that off. 

That’s not how contracts work in football when a manager gets sacked there is usually a clause to say that they get paid for 1 full year from date of sacking or until they get a new a job! We won’t be still paying Lee Johnson now he’s at Sunderland!

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The only real surprise is that none of them have raised the prospect of signing Messi as he will be out of contract at the end of the season anyway. :)

He's probably still out of their league, but they could try for this Messi.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

That’s not how contracts work in football when a manager gets sacked there is usually a clause to say that they get paid for 1 full year from date of sacking or until they get a new a job! We won’t be still paying Lee Johnson now he’s at Sunderland!

So they`re definitely still paying the last two as no-one else has been stupid enough to employ them yet.

14 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

He's probably still out of their league, but they could try for this Messi.

They’ll probably sign Ronaldo too. Not Cristiano, no, the original Ronaldo-in all his fat, poker-playing prime 🤪

The gash announcing them two as new signings 😂😂😂 

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

"Junkeren" !! :rofl2br:

The perfect signing for them !

He'd have to revert to his original name if he signed for the Gas. "Daniel Are Knutsen" translates as "Danny thinks you're bollocks".

16 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

10th April. Cobblers v Gas

I don't feel good about it, but I'll probably be setting aside some more of my city refunds to pay for a couple of Gas streams from now until the end of the season (through the opposition sign ins of course), provided we aren't playing - unless it's a game that could get them relegated).

Yesterday one of the Sunderland commentary duo said "the main stand looks like a horse racing stand". And in the second half pointed out there was "a woman with a dog who'd sneaked in".

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't feel good about it, but I'll probably be setting aside some more of my city refunds to pay for a couple of Gas streams from now until the end of the season (through the opposition sign ins of course), provided we aren't playing - unless it's a game that could get them relegated).

Yesterday one of the Sunderland commentary duo said "the main stand looks like a horse racing stand". And in the second half pointed out there was "a woman with a dog who'd sneaked in".

I definitely approve of signing in via the opposition stream. Whenever Ive seen a Rovers v City game in the past, I paid for the matchday ticket ONLY. Not a single solitary penny toward matchday programme etc

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Probably felt safe to return now Darrell’s gone. 

• Haha 5
38 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

She probably slipped the gateman a favour to get in...... 

• Haha 1

In six months time (October) it's the 40th anniversary off when we came soooo close to losing City.

Rovers tried getting their hands on Ashton Gate on the cheap and their fans have ever since claimed we should have had to form a new club starting at the bottom of the pyramid and work our way back up.

I've just gone back over the league tables for the last forty seasons; in that time Rovers have finished above City on just EIGHT occasions. This fact alone suggests to me, if not proves, they can not consider themselves our equals or betters.

• Like 1
  • TomF changed the title to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread