Jump to content

Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

My dodgy analysis suggests they're facing a struggle to survive.

Over the last 6 games their form has been the 22nd worst in the league. In 5 games they have left to play the teams they are facing are doing pretty well with an average position of 8th in the form table.

Wigan and Northants have got similarly difficult run ins, but have slightly better form themselves. Northants have 2 more points than them, and Wigan have got 1 game more left to play.

The truth is that it's super close and anything could happen, but based on form, they're in a tight spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

My dodgy analysis suggests they're facing a struggle to survive.

Over the last 6 games their form has been the 22nd worst in the league. In 5 games they have left to play the teams they are facing are doing pretty well with an average position of 8th in the form table.

Wigan and Northants have got similarly difficult run ins, but have slightly better form themselves. Northants have 2 more points than them, and Wigan have got 1 game more left to play.

The truth is that it's super close and anything could happen, but based on form, they're in a tight spot.

It may well go to the final day, with them needing to get something at Blackpool.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

swindon beating rochdale tuesday night would be very nice........

Just hope it isn't a draw. Won't be all bad if Rochdale win. That will put them two points behind the gas with a game in hand. Rochdale haven't got a bad run-in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

 

Had the pleasure of playing against him, he's an absolute cock

To the best of my knowledge, the only two professional players I ever played against were the two Mabbutt brothers, our own Kevin and his younger brother, Gary.

Unfortunately, Kevin matched your description of Payne, but Gary was just class, both in the way he played and his sportsmanship.

To be fair, their father, Ray, the ex-Rovers player, attended the various matches in which I played against his sons, and he was very supportive of all the young players from both teams, his sons and their opponents.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, Radio Bristol reported that some sags travelled to Northampton yesterday to stand on that bank that overlooks the stadium ... they are special 

But they actually think this makes the special and unique amazing fans.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, Radio Bristol reported that some sags travelled to Northampton yesterday to stand on that bank that overlooks the stadium ... they are special 

20210410_230143.jpg

Edited by Lydered
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Lydered said:

 

20210410_230143.jpg

Is someone taking a slash against the caravan? And why does the fat man have his arms raised but the others don't? Is the shirt so tight that his arms are in the same position until he takes it off? And why is the guy on the right far running away?

So many unanswered questions....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

0.92 points per game so far, with 5 games to go, that gives them say another 4/5 points and I can’t see 43 being enough, especially if any of the other teams get something from the games in hand.  They also don’t have a good goal difference which is worth a point.

So 5 points, 5 draws or 1 win and 2 draws still seems pretty tough with the fixtures they have left.  I can see them getting 1 win against maybe Crewe or MK Dons, but more than 2 wins I just can’t see it, especially with their lack of goals and terrible defence, but not counting any chickens, a lot of bad teams down there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Is someone taking a slash against the caravan? And why does the fat man have his arms raised but the others don't? Is the shirt so tight that his arms are in the same position until he takes it off? And why is the guy on the right far running away?

So many unanswered questions....

Yeah.... Talk about shitting on your own doorstep.... Hes pissing on his own doorstep..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lydered said:

 

20210410_230143.jpg

The caravans are the give away as to who they are. The Policeman is there to ensure they don't start tarmacing the area

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I presume them being allowed to stay on the grass bank is because there aren't enough of them to breach social distancing rules? Surely that would attract a sizeable crowd for most matches and the police would clear them off? 

By their very nature Gas 'crowds' are forever socially distanced.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a serious note though, why on earth weren't they fined and moved on?  Saturday we were still on the stay at home order, and even today that's only changed to stay local. Unless those caravans really are theirs they haven't done either! To see plod there and doing nothing is quite extraordinary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

Just hope it isn't a draw. Won't be all bad if Rochdale win. That will put them two points behind the gas with a game in hand. Rochdale haven't got a bad run-in. 

Aren't they bottom? That would suggest they will find any game difficult!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Bristol’s first drinker of the day. That pint is ‘going down’ well.

DEBFFCA5-E9E0-4B72-AFBF-EF75CCA779B9.thumb.jpeg.f4489b7ff521730a994b5bb07d247262.jpeg

Nothing says West Country like a bottle of Magners. Pubs open, buys what he's probably been drinking for the last few months. Worth it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Bristol’s first drinker of the day. That pint is ‘going down’ well.

DEBFFCA5-E9E0-4B72-AFBF-EF75CCA779B9.thumb.jpeg.f4489b7ff521730a994b5bb07d247262.jpeg

Dreaming of that slag Irene, and all those trips to L2 grounds he hasn't been to.......yet. Nothing says 'class' more than an unshaven dozing S*ghead with an Emporio Armani bag to be sick in...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...