Jump to content

Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

To those old enough to remember Junior Choice, all join in:

"I know a convict Gaffer,

He walks the Horfield streets,

A thoroughly unpleasant chap,

His team they just get beat.

The Gas thought him their saviour,

He came from Fleetwood Town,

But City fans we love him 'cus,

He took the F**ker's down.

Oh, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha,

Ooh, Ha Ha Ha......."

Well Done and Thank You Mr. Stewpot.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cityal said:

So, is he still there.........quite honestly I wouldn't know hardly any names in that "team". Of course ,I listened to the last half hour of the mis-match tonight (it would be rude not to),and the comms bloke kept spouting names and I honestly didn't know which side they were on...........do I want them to score, or not !:dunno:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Just reading the comments on that article has had me chuckling. So deluded it’s brilliant. Anyone would of thought they’d signed Harry Kane 😂

There are some gems.

James: EIEIEIO up the football league we go.

Daniel Sheppard: Going to be boring winning every game this season. Another great signing. Real intent this year.

Jay Bear Jones: So three signing in three days all quality players, what has happened to rag bag Rovers?

Dave Pike: Don’t know too much about this guy but he’s a winger and I know we need a few of them so...

Caz: Promotion 2021, scream it at the top of your lungs baby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

There are some gems.

James: EIEIEIO up the football league we go.

Daniel Sheppard: Going to be boring winning every game this season. Another great signing. Real intent this year.

Jay Bear Jones: So three signing in three days all quality players, what has happened to rag bag Rovers?

Dave Pike: Don’t know too much about this guy but he’s a winger and I know we need a few of them so...

Caz: Promotion 2021, scream it at the top of your lungs baby.

Well they got their wish, they have successfully managed to get out of league 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

More like Uncle Mac (anyone old enough to remember him ?)

Hello Children, Everywhere.

Actually, I don't remember him (I have just looked him up on WIKI), so obviously I am not that old.

But, seriously, Junior Choice was always Ed Stewart for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must come to the defence of Mark Little as there's some keyboard numpty on the 'Forum For Failures' accusing him of stealing £3k per week for the past two seasons.

It should, of course, read 'job well done, Sir.' 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hello Children, Everywhere.

Actually, I don't remember him (I have just looked him up on WIKI), so obviously I am not that old.

But, seriously, Junior Choice was always Ed Stewart for me.

When UM was on his hols, he had star stand-ins like Archie Andrews and Peter Brough, the Radio   ventriloquist !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

When UM was on his hols, he had star stand-ins like Archie Andrews and Peter Brough, the Radio   ventriloquist !

Ah Yes, Peter Brough, the ventriloquist, with his puppet Archie Andrews.

I remember them and, as you suggest, I imagine they would have been pretty impressive on the radio 😁.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're just not very good with numbers - 

Well I said I would give jb until the 3nd of the season, but our season finished tonight, and as far as I can see there have been no improvement at all since jb took over goodness where we go from here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the BBC match report:-

“Grigg doubled the advantage on the hour, shooting home from close range after a free-kick from the left into Rovers' box led to wretched defending and a goalmouth scramble.”

Can’t have been worse than that Frank-Spencer-on-rollerskates slapstick at Ipswich on Good Friday. Can it...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Well at least they’re looking forward to this big game for next season...

31DEA678-36E5-464B-B7A3-C20D89ACE970.jpeg

So they get a derby against Swindle, isn't DC at Port Vale? So they'll have the DC testimonial, and then the mighty Stags who sent them into NL - the Colin Daniel Cup. Not sure what they're moaning about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

So they get a derby against Swindle, isn't DC at Port Vale? So they'll have the DC testimonial, and then the mighty Stags who sent them into NL - the Colin Daniel Cup. Not sure what they're moaning about.

They might even get a trip to Torquay, knowing their luck it will be the coldest weekend of the year though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

This is all very good fun, but with our squad for next year after being asset stripped i don’t expect to see us to be doing much better than that lot have done this year.

What are you on about mate? We haven’t got any assets to strip!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With my IPTV I get access to almost every game,I've watched on lap top a couple of their games, when we're not playing 😁 ,parts of or almost full, and they have been terrible. The Hanlon sitter that he missed tonight  was typical. They get a chance or two but don't know how to take it. Rodman looked about their only 1/5th 😉, decent player that I've seen. What a time to be a city fan. Mind the gap. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...