Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

42nite

May 2nd they were relegated to Division Four, and not forgetting May 3rd they became a lower basement league club after losing to Mansfield, confused by the opposition wearing their kit
The gift.........

21 years above the Gas are guaranteed and many many more to come... grab one of our tee shirts to celebrate this summer

www.otibclothing.co.uk

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Yes, what they might call "half" (63 seasons) of 92 glorious campaigns. The other "half" (19 seasons) in the Second tier. And about a quarter in the 4th, for the Blue six fifths of Bristol. 

the  rest dont know they are even in the league since dropping out. these things take time                      to understand

18 hours ago, Banned User said:

Sort of bored of their relegation already, Gaschat is absolutely dead at the moment, the gifts are drying up (excluding the MASSIVE one we've just received).

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Presumably the “10,000” who can’t wait for the first game of next season from the Blue “half” of Bristol are all on holiday?

It didn't take long. . . ..  luckily someone eventually pointed out their season ticket reference numbers didn't start at 00001

image.png

On 27/04/2021 at 11:51, Bristol Rob said:

The Mem not being able to reopen at full capacity is hardly going to be an issue. How many capacity crowds have they had since they've been there?

They are the blue-print for social distancing. 

think they only get capacity when we play them

One of the Fewers I know from work had his first jab at Ashton Gate last week.

Aside from the ***** comments everyone makes, I asked him what he thought, given he hadn't been there since it was redeveloped.

He was in awe of it and couldn't believe how much it had changed.

He is planning on visiting next season for a rugby game, assuming there is capacity to do so.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/portsmouth-sunderland-hull-city-free-5346086

The Bristol Post have published an in-depth article about all of the players out of contract at League 1 clubs this summer.  

This struck me as a complete waste of time. Shouldn’t they be looking at the players at the bottom end League 2 clubs and Conference? 

Is this reporter just as deluded as the fans? Why would anyone be leaving these L1 teams to drop down a division (and several levels of class) to play for Jaily Barfton and his ensemble of amateurs. 

• Haha 1

Apologies if I missed anybody posting the following. Yesterday morning radio Bristol ran a story about Wael Al Quadi and the mistakes the club had made in recruitment of players and managers. He quoted "I really don’t like to put blame on anybody," he said. "I did take full responsibility for our plight, but the appointment of managers and recruitment are two big areas we really have to rectify and not make these mistakes again in the future."

It seemed a strange thing to say, as it didn't exclude the existing manager, unless they are planning to appoint yet another manager, or it was done to provoke a response from the existing manager. It was also a  very public criticism of the recruitment side of things ie: Wriddington?

Having said that, he did praise Barton for being on a different level, as is the whole club, basement level.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Apologies if I missed anybody posting the following. Yesterday morning radio Bristol ran a story about Wael Al Quadi and the mistakes the club had made in recruitment of players and managers. He quoted "I really don’t like to put blame on anybody," he said. "I did take full responsibility for our plight, but the appointment of managers and recruitment are two big areas we really have to rectify and not make these mistakes again in the future."

It seemed a strange thing to say, as it didn't exclude the existing manager, unless they are planning to appoint yet another manager, or it was done to provoke a response from the existing manager. It was also a  very public criticism of the recruitment side of things ie: Wriddington?

Having said that, he did praise Barton for being on a different level, as is the whole club, basement level.

All the s*gs appear to think Private Widdle is the evil that infests their club. I for one disagree, I think he`s doing a wonderful job and he should be kept on with a pay rise.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

All the s*gs appear to think Private Widdle is the evil that infests their club. I for one disagree, I think he`s doing a wonderful job and he should be kept on with a pay rise.

Agreed, he can't be all bad. After all, the players the previous two managers had at their disposal reached heights this present manager could only have dreamed of.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Amazing that many of the sags at the start of the season seemed to think the signings were superb. I got told by my mate they were definitely in for a top 6 finish, but did need a striker. Now it's all gone wrong they are all suddenly bad signings and it's all one blokes fault? Or is it down, at least partly to the various managers as well? Anyway, never mind, give the bloke a pay rise and a budget, and let him loose buying players and presenting them to Barton with "there ya go, here's another".

• Like 1

It seems that their ST holders this season were entitled to a £50 refund due to fans not being allowed in this season - and instead of it being a refund they can now choose it as £50 off next seasons ticket. The club are calling it a "loyalty bonus" and the 6/5ths of Bristol are loving it!

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

That delude lot already thinking that they will walk L2 next season whilst the realists expect another spell of "Non League Bristol Rovers" whilst their manager is serving time at Her Majesty's Pleasure.  Not sure which way the arrows will be pointing on his uniform.

I said it previously like 3-5 pages back I believe. I think they may struggle given the FFP rules means they have to reduce the wage bill and they signed quite a few players last year on multi year contracts. I don't think Jailbird will be able to rebuild much and it'll be a case of sign a striker and that's the budget gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

What stadium is he referring to?

They will lap this sh!t up.  He's not attended any games with Slag fans present yet has managed to inform an opinion that they're World Beaters.  He plays to the crowd as a way of hiding his own deficiencies.