Jump to content

Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

Was bored because it isn't really pub weather, so took a gander over on Gaschat.

Lots of bickering going on about just how much money Wally might have.

Bless them.

They have little idea how much of the bank Wally owns, how many years he has been a personal share holder, what his dividend payments are (they are working on the basis that it's 100% of profit ÷ percentage held), how much he inherited, how much other business interests generate and how much family wealth there is squirreled away from being involved in banking for decades.

So naturally, some of them fear he is likely to be skint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was bored because it isn't really pub weather, so took a gander over on Gaschat.

Lots of bickering going on about just how much money Wally might have.

Bless them.

They have little idea how much of the bank Wally owns, how many years he has been a personal share holder, what his dividend payments are (they are working on the basis that it's 100% of profit ÷ percentage held), how much he inherited, how much other business interests generate and how much family wealth there is squirreled away from being involved in banking for decades.

So naturally, some of them fear he is likely to be skint.

Surely not….the 6th richest man in football I understood 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Surely not….the 6th richest man in football I understood 😂

I'm guessing they must have a set of annual accounts due soon. 

I predict them having a second meltdown as Wally will have underwritten the losses and kept them out of administration, but the cost of him doing that means a few more years of being in the tented community.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just been over to slagchat where they`re discussing who they should try to sign in the summer. Talk about delusional, they think they can get players from Everton, Leicester, Liverpool even and seriously think they have a chance of signing some of Exeter`s next crop of wonderkids (Sparkes, Jay etc.). Why do they think this? it`s because they`re a far bigger club than Exeter apparently!

I would put money on them only signing about four players and we`ll have only heard of one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really not sure about Bartons standing within the game but I wouldn't think it is that high.

So would clubs want to loan their younger players to a club where he is manager ?

I would think they are at a disadvantage in that respect.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm really not sure about Bartons standing within the game but I wouldn't think it is that high.

So would clubs want to loan their younger players to a club where he is manager ?

I would think they are at a disadvantage in that respect.

 

They have more chance of being able to loan young players now they have a training ground, but you would guess that clubs at the top of the pyramid look to loan players out with view to them returning improved.

Not sure if League 2 is a proving ground for players with Premier league potential.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm really not sure about Bartons standing within the game but I wouldn't think it is that high.

So would clubs want to loan their younger players to a club where he is manager ?

I would think they are at a disadvantage in that respect.

 

This is a very good point.Would his influence be the sort you wanted around your young players?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm really not sure about Bartons standing within the game but I wouldn't think it is that high.

So would clubs want to loan their younger players to a club where he is manager ?

I would think they are at a disadvantage in that respect.

 

It might be higher than you think. When he was at Fleetwood he got good loans from the likes of Burnley, Stoke & Rangers. Plus to give the Gas their due they have had some good strikers in their time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The clown said one of the reasons for joining the Gas was because of the fanbase, I would have thought the reason for joining the Gas was because most clubs wouldn't touch him with a barge pole !!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I bet it was a riveting conversation.
 

Mutants ”ere Joey we ******* loves you we do

Jailbird ”I’m going to take this club to the Championship”

Mutants “We wants Europe

At which, Joey takes a few steps and points over the way and says:

"There's a F****ng church down there

*sounds of furious snorting and grunting*

 

Absolute throbbers.

 

Actually, it seemed quite an amusing conversation, which I have corrected for you 😉.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

cant believe they have gone a whole day without doing anything stupid .

Expect a dull summer. In the past the highlight has been the transfer of the temporary stands to Wimbledon. Sadly no more, Tennis has gone up market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

cant believe they have gone a whole day without doing anything stupid .

That's not actually a correct statement. You should state that, " I can't believe that they've gone a whole day without doing anything stupid, that we know of".

They could just as easily ordered a new large screen form an unknown company, without having the fixings for it. They could have ordered new developments at the rugby ground that no other team has spent more on. They could announce that they're going to move to a new stadium within the next two years. They could have announced that they're now the richest club in the lower divisions and on a par with WHU, Norwich City and Burton Albion. We just don't know as their media department are probably just mulling over the press announcements.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rich said:

That's not actually a correct statement. You should state that, " I can't believe that they've gone a whole day without doing anything stupid, that we know of".

They could just as easily ordered a new large screen form an unknown company, without having the fixings for it. They could have ordered new developments at the rugby ground that no other team has spent more on. They could announce that they're going to move to a new stadium within the next two years. They could have announced that they're now the richest club in the lower divisions and on a par with WHU, Norwich City and Burton Albion. We just don't know as their media department are probably just mulling over the press announcements.

It's surprising they haven't made a statement on Scotland's move for indyref2, maybe they are just waiting for the outcome of the local elections. Have they thrown their weight behind Marvellous Marvin yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, old parkender said:

1000 to 2000 to away games🙄

they just can’t help it 

 

59D39895-82E2-4B25-BFD1-65DD63F0E6F5.png

And of course Radio Bristol & The Post just lap the myth up.

2000 at Barrow, Harrogate, Carlisle, Scunthorpe & Oldham? Remember when they took less than 400 to Peterborough on a Saturday & tried to claim it was 1000.

Delusional.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, old parkender said:

1000 to 2000 to away games🙄

they just can’t help it 

 

59D39895-82E2-4B25-BFD1-65DD63F0E6F5.png

1000 - 2000 fingers maybe.

5 fingers on one hand (not including the thumb) brings the total 100 - 200.

That's about right. 

I've also now worked out how to do addition gas style. What a morning!

Edited by Taz
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

And of course Radio Bristol & The Post just lap the myth up.

2000 at Barrow, Harrogate, Carlisle, Scunthorpe & Oldham? Remember when they took less than 400 to Peterborough on a Saturday & tried to claim it was 1000.

Delusional.

Yes its rife at that club. I've had some of their lot tell me they sell out every away game. Haha what a ridiculous statement that is and when I got the stats up to disprove they disagreed and said it was inaccurate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes its rife at that club. I've had some of their lot tell me they sell out every away game. Haha what a ridiculous statement that is and when I got the stats up to disprove they disagreed and said it was inaccurate. 

Here they are selling out the away end at Chesterfield last time they were in league 2. :whistle:

"cfcrovers7.jpg (960×720)" https://ryan147.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cfcrovers7.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Here they are selling out the away end at Chesterfield last time they were in league 2. :whistle:

"cfcrovers7.jpg (960×720)" https://ryan147.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cfcrovers7.jpg

They were certainly ahead of the times - 6 years before the COVID pandemic and they were already practicing social distancing in much of that stand.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A good comparison. Same ground, same distance.

The last time we played there and it WAS sold out

No photo description available.

Was a great day out. Good pubs and cracking atmosphere. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes its rife at that club. I've had some of their lot tell me they sell out every away game. Haha what a ridiculous statement that is and when I got the stats up to disprove they disagreed and said it was inaccurate. 

Classic Donald Trump approach, just say the stats are incorrect when you don’t like what they say!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes its rife at that club. I've had some of their lot tell me they sell out every away game. Haha what a ridiculous statement that is and when I got the stats up to disprove they disagreed and said it was inaccurate. 

I'll be amazed if they are in the top 8 of their (old) division for away support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...