IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It wasn't bad actually, only slightly ruined when I checked my phone to see the Rovers score.

To be fair Miah, Rovers are as shite as I can ever remember and look like dropping to div 4 this year, but we aint far behind.  A couple more bad results for us and we will be amongst the relegation fodder ourselves.

As for Dopey Darrell, I think he is probably a fairly decent manager at L1 level, but you must be able to see that even his patience is wearing thin.  Wally cant afford to either sack him or replace him though.  Honestly, I think he is the only thread holding your lot together at the moment.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SX227 said:

That's a man who is going to tear Wally a new one.

He will be gone by Saturday

Talk about digging your own grave - fair play though, he is going to go down swinging.

Staggeringly blunt interview.

How to get the sack in 5 mins.

He's right in what he says but should of saved that for the board. Just goes to show how frustrated he is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If you don't want to watch 5 minutes of Dopey Darrell gurning and contradicting himself here's the highlights:

"MY fans..."

"not ruthlessunuss (???)"

"Fans deserve more"

Excuses about selling strikers

Something about horses.

Confirmed he'll 'dust himself down'

Takes responsibility, clearly doesn't mean it.

Dopey and LJ now in a race to see who can rack up 10 straight defeats on the bounce. The Dopemeister takes the lead tonight...LJ's thinking "hold my pint".

He's obviously trying everything, no "trackie" tonight, but his lucky suit and tie plus a haircut. The thing I have highlighted in your quote, every time he or someone else n their forum says this I want to scream "BASED ON WHAT?" What have they done that means they deserve success any more than any of the other clubs in that league?  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He's obviously trying everything, no "trackie" tonight, but his lucky suit and tie plus a haircut. The thing I have highlighted in your quote, every time he or someone else n their forum says this I want to scream "BASED ON WHAT?" What have they done that means they deserve success any more than any of the other clubs in that league?  

They turn up in massive numbers, way beyond another club in a similar league. 

Oh no! Ok then, they might not be doing right now, but they have historically. 

Oh no! Ummmm no, you are right. He’s chatting shite..!

Anyone who has seen that interview along with all the other little digs at the board over the last few months will see him as a manager trying to get the sack and a payoff. I just cannot see them sacking him due to the cost of his contract though. It has got to the point where it seems to me he is trying to move all the anger and pressure towards the board, rather than himself and saying "it's not my fault, blame them"

He has in himself looked gradually worse by the week, and for his own sanity he really should walk away and get a role somewhere else. 

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Thank goodness for them. A welcome distraction from our very own car crash at the moment. 

Imagine if they were actually doing well at the moment - it really would be unbearable.

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If you don't want to watch 5 minutes of Dopey Darrell gurning and contradicting himself here's the highlights:

"MY fans..."

"not ruthlessunuss (???)"

"Fans deserve more"

Excuses about selling strikers

Something about horses.

Confirmed he'll 'dust himself down'

Takes responsibility, clearly doesn't mean it.

Dopey and LJ now in a race to see who can rack up 10 straight defeats on the bounce first. The Dopemeister takes the lead tonight...LJ's thinking "hold my pint".

And also "the ball has gone in MY net"

Was he the substitute goalkeeper as well as the manager, then ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Heard him claim that the club got £1.5m for the players that left and only had £0.5m to reinvest. 

Compare that to Hamer telling twentyman all the money received was reinvested 

I'm intrigued what it was Clarke got a bollocking for revealing recently, certainly looks like it's coming to a conclusion 

It's possible they are both right. Received £1.5 million for players, reinvested £0.5 million on players and the rest on tents, unnecessary offices in London, legal fees etc

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I see Henbury is once again displaying the literacy expected of a top notch businessman

The “sadist” day in the clubs history? Surely every day is a “sadist” day when you indicate you support that lot and have to put up with the world looking at you like you’re some kind of freak...

879F284B-A7DE-4846-B701-601C8BCFB61F.jpeg

sadist
/ˈseɪdɪst/
noun

1. a person who derives pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain or humiliation on others.

9 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Hamer is bloody cute in these interviews; he doesn't lie but he makes you think he has said things that he hasn't.

He did not say that all the proceeds of player sales had been spent on new players.

He said that all monies received, and bear in mind that he was very clear about big deferred instalments so these would not have been received yet so he isn't including those, had been reinvested in the squad.

And as he stressed later squad investment includes wages.

So he was strictly truthful but gave a false impression that the amount for which the players were sold was spent on new players.

It clearly wasn't and he didn't actually say that; he just made you think that he did.

Clever guy; that's why he earns £70k for a part time job.

I worked with someone who similarly wouldn't lie; if there was a call and somebody didn't want to speak to the caller she would put her hand over her eyes and say "I can't see him."

It's not telling lies but it is fooling people.

Is the saying something like ‘you can fool some people some of the time but you can’t fool all people all of the time’

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

Anyone who has seen that interview along with all the other little digs at the board over the last few months will see him as a manager trying to get the sack and a payoff. I just cannot see them sacking him due to the cost of his contract though. It has got to the point where it seems to me he is trying to move all the anger and pressure towards the board, rather than himself and saying "it's not my fault, blame them"

He has in himself looked gradually worse by the week, and for his own sanity he really should walk away and get a role somewhere else. 

Every passing day is just charms catching up with them for their graceless, unfounded, crass gloating and premature celebration, at the time they were taken over by a bunch of unheard of Jordanians, who let’s face it, were sold a complete dud. 

Nick Higgs was a bloody genius to pull of the scam that he did!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Is the saying something like ‘you can fool some people some of the time but you can’t fool all people all of the time’

No. 

I think the saying goes... 

“you can fool anyone who supports Bristol Rovers by promising them anything you like. You don’t need to prove it. Just say it and they will lap it up” 

something like that anyway..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Every passing day is just charms catching up with them for their graceless, unfounded, crass gloating and premature celebration, at the time they were taken over by a bunch of unheard of Jordanians, who let’s face it, were sold a complete dud. 

Nick Higgs was a bloody genius to pull of the scam that he did!

Print That Bastard.

• Like 1

I know I'm on my own when I say this but good on him, if the board aren't backing a manager I think the manager has every right to fire off some shots. Imagine going to work as a builder and being given only sand to build with and then told you're doing a shit job when you make a bloody sandcastle ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I know I'm on my own when I say this but good on him, if the board aren't backing a manager I think the manager has every right to fire off some shots. Imagine going to work as a builder and being given only sand to build with and then told you're doing a shit job when you make a bloody sandcastle ?

Absolutely.... but in private.

Hugely unprofessional to do it in post match press conferences every time you get beaten. It also makes his claims of taking “full responsibility” look very hollow...he’s passing the buck. If I owned a football club I’d be a bit wary of taking on any manager who’s so willing to throw his employers under the bus in public, whether he’s got a point or not.

He could’ve had the Leeds job but he fell for the bullshit he was told to keep him at the Gas, now he’s got to work with the resources available to him.

To me he looks and acts like a sulky child.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly it's FA Cup weekend

Yes, this was supposed to be the weekend where they were going to easily sweep aside ‘little’ Stockport before dreaming of the possibility of shouting abuse at Matty Taylor for 90 minutes in the 3rd round.

‘Little’ Barnet had other ideas though.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Absolutely.... but in private.

Hugely unprofessional to do it in post match press conferences every time you get beaten. It also makes his claims of taking “full responsibility” look very hollow...he’s passing the buck. If I owned a football club I’d be a bit wary of taking on any manager who’s so willing to throw his employers under the bus in public, whether he’s got a point or not.

He could’ve had the Leeds job but he fell for the bullshit he was told to keep him at the Gas, now he’s got to work with the resources available to him.

To me he looks and acts like a sulky child.

I suppose the issue about doing it in private is that you end up like Cotterill, the board sack you and you end up looking like you're the one to blame. I think these days if you don't speak up you'll become the scapegoat as the board will be there regardless of if you are or not, at the very least you can make it clear to the fans that you're not being backed and then maybe the fans will know who is really to blame.

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

I suppose the issue about doing it in private is that you end up like Cotterill, the board sack you and you end up looking like you're the one to blame. I think these days if you don't speak up you'll become the scapegoat as the board will be there regardless of if you are or not, at the very least you can make it clear to the fans that you're not being backed and then maybe the fans will know who is really to blame.

Given the so called ‘improvements’ made to the Mem over the last couple of years combined with the UWE and training ground fiasco and selling their best strikers every transfer window you’d think the fans would be savvy enough to realise that he’s not being financially backed without him having to spell it out publicly.

He obviously doesn’t have much faith in his fans.

On the subject of Cotts, if you get the chance, watch his reaction at the end of the JPT Final and then compare it to Dopey's pissed up performance after their Play Off Victory, screaming and wetting himself whilst standing on a pub table. Cotts has got more dignity in his little finger than DC has in his whole body.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1