IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m sure he`ll be making his own statement tomorrow. Or the day after. Or next week. Or sometime in June.

Or not.

The new Colony Training facility must be ready to open by now as I believe their agreement, where they currently train, finishes on the conclusion of the season.

They are also rebuilding one stand at a time, how's that going?

Gosh, they must be really busy over there, but of course everything is hush hush.

These statements (confidentiality agreement aside) take time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m sure he`ll be making his own statement tomorrow. Or the day after. Or next week. Or sometime in June.

Or not.

You’re showing your ignorance RRH

Haven’t you hear of the Data Protection Act and confidentiality?  ?

This may already have been picked up: until Rovers file their accounts they can't register any players.

That's not currently a problem but give it a couple of months and it will be.

16.6 Is the section dealing with filing financial information, 16.7 the penalties for failing to comply:

The powers referred to in Regulation 16.6 are:

to require the Club to provide such further information as The League shall determine and for such period as it shall determine; and 16.7.2 subject the Club to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club without the prior written consent of The League until such time as the breach identified by Regulation 16.6 has been rectified in its entirety to The League’s satisfaction.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-4---clubs/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This may already have been picked up: until Rovers file their accounts they can't register any players.

16.6 Is the section dealing with filing financial information, 16.7 the penalties for failing to comply:

to require the Club to provide such further information as The League shall determine and for such period as it shall determine; and 16.7.2 subject the Club to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club without the prior written consent of The League until such time as the breach identified by Regulation 16.6 has been rectified in its entirety to The League’s satisfaction.

Does that apply to players at the end of their contract who they want to re-sign?

40 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I’m sure when they realise what a lovely man he is and he explains these things take time it will all be resolved 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I’m sure when they realise what a lovely man he is and he explains these things take time it will all be resolved 

A month overdue goes beyond a simple "they're in the post" excuse. 

I don't see the point in delaying the release even if the picture they paint is pretty grim. 

Any investor worth his salt will want to see every page in the book before plonking his cash in a high risk venture such as a football club. 

It's not like the club is run by a bloke who looks like a used car salesman trying to off load a failing club to a bunch of gullible foreign investors based on nothing more than a few images and hazy contracts with no concrete plans behind them. I mean who would be daft enough to fall for that? 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

A month overdue goes beyond a simple "they're in the post" excuse. 

I don't see the point in delaying the release even if the picture they paint is pretty grim. 

Any invested worth his salt will want to see every page in the book before plonking his cash in a high risk venture such as a football club. 

It's not like the club is run by a bloke who looks like a used car salesman trying to off load a failing club to a bunch of gullible foreign investors based on nothing more than a few images and hazy contracts with no concrete plans behind them. I mean who would be daft enough to fall for that? 

The picture however shouldn't be "pretty grim"; the headline loss will be lower than last year (no UWE write down, player sales made) and there will be considerable headroom left in the £15m credit facility from Dwane Sports.

I can't see what financial reason there would be not to publish them other than some huge prior year error which seems unlikely.

Which then leaves non-financial reasons:

Are they in dispute with their accountant or auditor? That even the dormant company accounts haven't been published, so incurring a fine, hints at this. The accounts would take less than an hour to put together.

Is there a material post balance sheet event that they wish to keep secret? This seems likeliest IMO; the auditors would want it noted that sale (of club, of ground) negotiations were underway but the AQs would want to keep that quiet until all the contracts were signed.

On top of this it really is treating the minority shareholders - supporters who bought shares to help fund the club - very shabbily indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Swede said:

The new Colony Training facility must be ready to open by now as I believe their agreement, where they currently train, finishes on the conclusion of the season.

They are also rebuilding one stand at a time, how's that going?

Gosh, they must be really busy over there, but of course everything is hush hush.

These statements (confidentiality agreement aside) take time.

I actually forgot about this. You're absolutely right, Steve Hamer (I think) said the lease was up at the end of this season.

So as it stands... Rovers currently are unable to sign players until they get their accounts in, and as far as we know are without a training ground.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I actually forgot about this. You're absolutely right, Steve Hamer (I think) said the lease was up at the end of this season.

So as it stands... Rovers currently are unable to sign players until they get their accounts in, and as far as we know are without a training ground.

Well technically, they do have a training ground. The groundsman just needs to give the grass a trim and mark the pitches and tinkety tonk, it’s ready for action. :noexp:

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

They may have just acquired their training ground in time for next season:

A group of travellers have set up camp on a popular football field in Weston-super-Mare.

It has been reported that more than 20 vehicles parked on Locking playing fields earlier this week.

1_Gv-Of-Travellers.jpg

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/travellers-weston-super-mare-locking-2837533

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Pointed this out to a Fewer in work. His response?

Ordinarily, I'd be worried, but it isn't as if they were going to sign anyone anyway.

He seems to think the development squad production line is ready to start. Doesn't think it'll work, and he has seen nothing to convince him the kids are ready for first team football, but it will be cost effective.

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ordinarily, I'd be worried, but it isn't as if they were going to sign anyone anyway.

He seems to think the development squad production line is ready to start. Doesn't think it'll work, and he has seen nothing to convince him the kids are ready for first team football, but it will be cost effective.

Where do they train? 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

At the moment Mangotsfield have a better production line of talent than Rovers- and that's not even me joking to mock them.

There was Britton who we signed and was also offered a contract by Sheffield United, and there's another lad who recently had a trial at Burnley.

Think they've just linked up with SGS too which (IIRC) is where we got Semenyo from.

23 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I think he means the individuals tbh.

Human propellor:

article-0-1BA0661D000005DC-131_634x400.j

A man who shows that wearing casual footwear is no hindrance to running from a horse:

Bristol-Rovers-v-Mansfield-Town.jpg

BmvD7YgCUAA9h_l.jpg:large

Go on I'll have the lot of you:

Bristol-Rovers-v-Mansfield-Town.jpg

Oh, maybe not then; bonus pirate watching the take down:

BristolRoversFanTroubleMay2014_large.jpg

And finally: gullibility writ large.

Wael-al-Quadi-celebrating-with-Rovers-fa

Amazing indeed.

Top photo is city lads not gas. Don’t insult them! 

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Billy Smart's is run better than these bunch of clowns

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

At the moment Mangotsfield have a better production line of talent than Rovers- and that's not even me joking to mock them.

There was Britton who we signed and was also offered a contract by Sheffield United, and there's another lad who recently had a trial at Burnley.

Think they've just linked up with SGS too which (IIRC) is where we got Semenyo from.

Louis Britton had only been at Mangotsfield 5 minutes tbh.  Both City and Rovers missed him initially, despite the fact that he has scored goals everywhere he played. 

Working the bar for a wake.

Gashead sees Wurzels on music list.

"But they're City, who put them on the ******* playlist."

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Louis Britton had only been at Mangotsfield 5 minutes tbh.  Both City and Rovers missed him initially, despite the fact that he has scored goals everywhere he played. 

Fair point on Britton tbf