IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The interest isn't being paid over so I assume it rolls up into the DS loan.  Some loans do work like this
 and there isn't much point in paying the money across only to pay it back.

From memory it's an RCF (revolving credit facility) so you can simply borrow more to pay the interest in the normal course of business.  A lot of start ups would operate in this way.

I think that absolutely was the case but it's now all settled.  These other creditors have gone up subesquent to this anyway, viz:

At 30 June:

2016  £1.3m

2017 £1.8m

2018 £3.7m

2019 £4.5m

Mulling over it I wonder if it's "at risk" consultancy work on the stadium and / or training ground which only becomes payable upon a successful outcome.

It's a while since I studied this but I think that means that it's a "contingent liability" which you would recognise as incurred even if it's possible that you may end up not paying it.

So, there was a big jump of nearly £2m in the year to 2018. I was wondering if this was the NH final payment or, the payment for the colony. Sorry to drag it on but, you seem more likely to have the answer or a logical explanation. 

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

So, there was a big jump of nearly £2m in the year to 2018. I was wondering if this was the NH final payment or, the payment for the colony. Sorry to drag it on but, you seem more likely to have the answer or a logical explanation. 

If it was paid then the creditor would reduce.

I don't know the answer but it is an oddly large and unexplained creditor.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ll take ten.

If you just  DM me your bank account details and PIN number I`ll deposit the cash straight away.

I bought some for cash earlier this week, you can buy these. My bank sort code is 52-20-10 Acc 00876765. Sec code 718.  Pin number 7244. Just pop £1500 into that account and I'll send you the share certificate. 

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

I bought some for cash earlier this week, you can buy these. My bank sort code is 52-20-10 Acc 00876765. Sec code 718.  Pin number 7244. Just pop £1500 into that account and I'll send you the share certificate. 

I probably won`t get round to it till about 3am. Don`t bother to check your account in the morning though - to save you any worry I`ll let you know if anything goes wrong!

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I probably won`t get round to it till about 3am. Don`t bother to check your account in the morning though - to save you any worry I`ll let you know if anything goes wrong!

Thanks, how will I know where to send the certificate? I'm beginning to worry about posting those bank details, you won't pass them on to anyone else, will you?

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Shares aren’t worth anything if nobody wants to buy them. I decided to issue shares in by garden pergola at £1500 per share but, for some reason, there has been a distinct lack of interest 

perhaps we should do a timeshare on it. you loan me yours for 4 months (say May until the end of august) and I will then loan you mine for eight months until the following May?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They certainly did, they crowed about being one of only two clubs who’d ‘improved’ their stadiums that summer, the other being Spurs!!! You cannot choreograph comedy quite like that ????

I was 100% certain they did, but I couldn't find the story. I thought it was their Commercial bloke or someone at the top done an interview and it was in the BP.

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, as discussed above, they definitely did, and you have to admit the results bear a striking similarity...

003E4CDA-A01C-448A-AC77-85FA0E256C47.jpeg

AFCDFB2D-ADAB-438E-B1D5-55B7D139D84B.png

I can see why there is confusion but it is probably just a case of totally non identical twins , once the lockdown is lifted I will test their GNA and there TNA to make sure. 

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Thanks, how will I know where to send the certificate? I'm beginning to worry about posting those bank details, you won't pass them on to anyone else, will you?

It`s a totally secure site so no worries. I`ll only pass them on to my business partner, a respectable Nigerian lawyer who needs to move some profits from the diamond mines out of the country.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This was only 15 years ago - how are they getting on ???? ????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/articles/2005/10/20/rovers_plans.shtml

The comments are worth a read as well....

Sean Davidson
I think the plans are good but we should put the capacity to 20,000 because i am shor that on big games we have at home we could easly have that amount. because if you look at the johnstone paint final and the play off final we had 40,000 ish so if we choose to upgrad the capacity of the pains I think it would be a grate ider not just as a bristol rovers fan but as a bristol rugby fan!

dan govier
i think the capacity should be 20,000 as of how many went to cardif and wembley. the nicer and bigger the stadium more fans will whant to come.And the club will get more money so we can bring in better players to the team.

josh
i think its a great idea cuz weve been playing in crap stadiums for ages. were a good club its time we have a good stadium

Even back then though, they still had that rare one that comes along now and again switched on...

rovers till i die
we dont sell out enough 4 a new and bigger ground

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gazred said:

The comments are worth a read as well....

Sean Davidson
I think the plans are good but we should put the capacity to 20,000 because i am shor that on big games we have at home we could easly have that amount. because if you look at the johnstone paint final and the play off final we had 40,000 ish so if we choose to upgrad the capacity of the pains I think it would be a grate ider not just as a bristol rovers fan but as a bristol rugby fan!

dan govier
i think the capacity should be 20,000 as of how many went to cardif and wembley. the nicer and bigger the stadium more fans will whant to come.And the club will get more money so we can bring in better players to the team.

josh
i think its a great idea cuz weve been playing in crap stadiums for ages. were a good club its time we have a good stadium

Even back then though, they still had that rare one that comes along now and again switched on...

rovers till i die
we dont sell out enough 4 a new and bigger ground

Rovers till I die was banned shortly after posting this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here you go:

From the Bristol Post:

"(Tom Gorringe) said: “

"In terms of the infrastructure we’ve three new bars, a new shop, electronic turnstiles, ten new partners, so all of those have been huge projects really given the amount of time we’ve had.

Spurs aside who have built a new stadium this summer, which has been delayed also, there’s probably not another club in the country who has seen the amount of change we have in the summer. The projects I listed earlier, you might see a club attempt one, maybe two of them, not all of them at the same time. All of them work, financially.

• Haha 15
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Here you go:

From the Bristol Post:

"(Tom Gorringe) said: “

"In terms of the infrastructure we’ve three new bars, a new shop, electronic turnstiles, ten new partners, so all of those have been huge projects really given the amount of time we’ve had.

Spurs aside who have built a new stadium this summer, which has been delayed also, there’s probably not another club in the country who has seen the amount of change we have in the summer. The projects I listed earlier, you might see a club attempt one, maybe two of them, not all of them at the same time. All of them work, financially.

Conclusive proof they all work financially can be found in their company accounts, where losses are a thing of the past...