IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, samo II said:

Just to say; those urging caution in laughing at the gas as we have a very loseable fixture tonight, you can bet your life that they’d be taking the opportunity if the roles were reversed, and with gusto.

We may get hammered on Sky by Brentford but I tell you; I’d rather get scalped by a team hoping to make the premiership while being mid table in the championship than get shellacked by a mid table team while fighting relegation in league one.

Not quite, though I broadly agree with what you're saying.

Accrington are well in the playoff race in League 1, currently 7th.

Only 8 points between 1st and 9th, with most teams having a game in hand over 1st place Hull- Accrington have 3 games in hand, on points per game they'd be 5th.

Edited by JamesBCFC

57 minutes ago, samo II said:

Just to say; those urging caution in laughing at the gas as we have a very loseable fixture tonight, you can bet your life that they’d be taking the opportunity if the roles were reversed, and with gusto.

We may get hammered on Sky by Brentford but I tell you; I’d rather get scalped by a team hoping to make the premiership while being mid table in the championship than get shellacked by a mid table team while fighting relegation in league one.

City, being City, will probably end up shellacking Brentford 4-0 and look like Brazil. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, samo II said:

That's football in Bristol, in three lines there.

Someone once summised Bristol football thus: they have Windass who stopped us reaching the PL; we have Colin Daniel, who plonked them into the non-leagues. There's the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Someone once summised Bristol football thus: they have Windass who stopped us reaching the PL; we have Colin Daniel, who plonked them into the non-leagues. There's the difference. 

And in all honesty ,

and I’m as guilty as anyone

It sums up Bristol Football that the best both sides can do is take the p out each other of repeated failures and underachievement 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We get upset by pundits calling us Bristol, but apparently the commentators last night kept calling them Bristol City. ouch.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Paul Tisdale - Only 6 appearances for City, but currently one of our best agents.  Ben Garner did a fantastic job, but I didn't think PT could improve on that.  Well done Paul, keep up the good work son.

Top man Paul ?

I was gutted when Ben Garner was sacked as he was doing  such a great job........but  it looks like Tisdale is on course to finally get them out of League 1

Well done Paul ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Top man Paul ?

I was gutted when Ben Garner was sacked as he was doing  such a great job........but  it looks like Tisdale is on course to finally get them out of League 1

Well done Paul ?

They didn’t really give Tiswas a 2.5 year contract, did they?

surely not?

No club in their position getting no income through the gates and already paying off 2 (?) previously sacked managers could be so reckless......could they?

Edited by RedLionLad

5 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

They wouldn’t be stupid enough to loan the opposing team their away kit on the final day again, would they?

I suppose their only other option to avoid being relegated by a team wearing their kit, would have been putting in a call to BS3 and using one of our kits.

Wonder what would have been worse from a Gas point of view.