Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

On 1/10/2018 at 17:38, Sparkz 76 said:

Noticed a sag slagging us off on the Man City forum. Absolutely pathetic 

BF3697DE-CB30-4762-93D8-FF210DA21E8A.png

This is the kind of post that makes you wish those firebugs who tiptoed into Bath one evening in the 1990s had waited until their ground was full - mind you, obviously they’d’ve been waiting a long time.

Chelsea was as big as a game as they’ll ever have so bo wonder it sold out so quickly. How many season ticket holders missed out when you played Grimsby at Wembley, scum?

Our ground isn’t a library, dumps on the feeble queefing sounds those fannies at the Pisspoorial make from a great height. 

Yes, It’s the biggest game at the Gate since...30th Dec, which sold out. And then 10 days before that - which also sold out. This was always going to sell out too - although apparently there’s a time limit set by Gasshole Waste of Skin on how long tickets can take to sell - ha!

As for fickle, obnoxious c***s - I suggest he look in any reflective surface. Gastards are genuinely nasty people. I wish them nothing but misery - both for their scummy excuse for a football team and in their personal lives. 

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I find it most bizarre that they expect equal coverage in the local media.

Do Port Vale get as much airtime as Stoke?

It annoyed me when they dropped into non-league football and still got equal press as us. Should have been on the same page as Yate and Mangos 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

"How's Trevor Tainton these days, you remember him don't you, tore up his contract in 1982, not because he wanted to, because he was pressured into doing it...

I take it from your knowledge of contracts of employment you've never had one, but that's nothing unusual north of the river.

If Tainton didn't wish to mutually terminate his contract there was nothing City could have done to persuade him otherwise. Goes without saying he would have taken the risk that City might have declared themselves bankrupt, hence he would be unlikely to have been paid further by the club. However, (at that time) his players registration, as a company asset and with value however intangible,  would have been retained. He would not have been able to seek employment elsewhere as a footballer until his registration had been sold or transferred by an administrator and this might have taken years. So whilst being requested to mutually terminate one's contract isn't great, by giving up his registration City at least allowed him to seek employment and earn a living elsewhere.

That there followed a period of financial hardship is something Mr Tainton would have to explain, just as any employer may not dictate to an employee what they do with their wages and how prudent they should be in managing financial risk. Tainton had received a comparatively decent income for many years so methinks his change of employment shouldn't immediately have brought hardship.

Of course this is wholly different from, say,  contracting for  the permanent  provision of goods and services (pies or fence panels spring to mind) and then not paying for them. That's incurred suppliers ascertained losses and left them out out pocket. An administrator would be able to explain. Perchance you might bump into one real soon.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

This is the kind of post that makes you wish those firebugs who tiptoed into Bath one evening in the 1990s had waited until their ground was full - mind you, obviously they’d’ve been waiting a long time.

Chelsea was as big as a game as they’ll ever have so bo wonder it sold out so quickly. How many season ticket holders missed out when you played Grimsby at Wembley, scum?

Our ground isn’t a library, dumps on the feeble queefing sounds those fannies at the Pisspoorial make from a great height. 

Yes, It’s the biggest game at the Gate since...30th Dec, which sold out. And then 10 days before that - which also sold out. This was always going to sell out too - although apparently there’s a time limit set by Gasshole Waste of Skin on how long tickets can take to sell - ha!

As for fickle, obnoxious c***s - I suggest he look in any reflective surface. Gastards are genuinely nasty people. I wish them nothing but misery - both for their scummy excuse for a football team and in their personal lives. 

Don’t hold back WP, tell us what you really think.

To effectively mock another, it’s all about getting the time right. 

For them to even refer to us in any derogatory term at the moment is utterly laughable. The vast majority of the country have a soft spot and admiration for us at the moment. Plaudits & praise being showered on us from all angles. That, of course, won’t last forever, but now is really not the time, you bitter Sag scum!

I have a good friend who is a Man City fan from Manchester who now lives in Spain. He congratulated me as he thought the team and the fans were an absolute breath of fresh air and a refreshing change from the same old same old trotted out by other visiting fans and teams. He was also unaware that there were still 2 Football League teams in Bristol as he thought the other lot were still Non-League. He was genuinely surprised when I told him that although we completely disregard them as rivals, they are hanging on to their League One status at the moment. Mind the ever growing massive Gap!:yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like how they go on about 82 and how we should settle debts etc, but as far as I know, Rovers have never refunded bookies and gamblers after their keeper was found GUILTY of attempting the throw a match back in 1963.

Amazing to think that all he had to do was to let in more than they scored and he managed to **** that up!

Still managed to deliberately let in two though, generating a false result.

So, fewers - adjusted for inflation, you owe my old man millions for the acca you ruined. Where does he collect?

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 5
53 minutes ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

Beat them in the league cup too! Junior Bents last game 

Yes - was thinking:

March 97 - League 2-1 (Agostino, Goater, Alsop for them, Agent Beadle missed pen) 

Coca-Cola Cup Aug 97 2-1 (Taylor, Bent winner in ET, Alsop for them again) - attendance that night 5,872, pathetic from the Fewers.

Nov 97 League 2-1 (Double from The Goat, Tillson for them)

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Love your rant! But the Wolves game on Dec 30 didn’t sell out, it was still three times the average gas crowd though!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Love your rant! But the Wolves game on Dec 30 didn’t sell out, it was still three times the average gas crowd though!

It would’ve been pretty close if it didn’t. According to the BP there was only 400 tickets left 2 days before the game.