Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Isn’t it x number of years to comply with all seater unless you can prove you are relocating (and perhaps redeveloping), that’s how Brentford has maintained terracing for years I think. So every season we would see Wally submit a pie in the sky pie dream hoping ( knowing) it will get rejected.

But yes, good point there is no incentive to get promoted as they couldn’t sustain themselves, barely can now.

To be fair, Brentford are paying for and actually building something. Can't see the mob in BS7 doing either.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair, Brentford are paying for and actually building something. Can't see the mob in BS7 doing either.

Urmmm HELLO...???!

368A974C-36CD-4A4F-A037-D4728E542BD6.jpeg

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Looks like something built by Bear Grylls.

I always thought that it was amusing that they sold season tickets for “Row M”, because there wasn’t a “Row M”. 

I’ve only just realised that there’s not even a row H, I, J, K or L either..! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I always thought that it was amusing that they sold season tickets for “Row M”, because there wasn’t a “Row M”. 

I’ve only just realised that there’s not even a row H, I, J, K or L either..! 😂😂

That was the Meade king llp south west “stand” in the other corner

F0F0A6A4-76C9-4A7E-BE7F-7B53205F6D90.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Urmmm HELLO...???!

They didn’t even pay for this thing that clearly belongs at a Scruffs event, the sponsors forked out for it, along with the screen (provided by SL) aswell.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I realise that, but their ground has been allowed to retain the terracing for years, that was my point. Yes I know they had every intention, but there were a lot of difficulties. The Gas have no intention and only have difficulties 😀

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Oh, silly me. Getting my tents mixed up. 

Sorry. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

I realise that, but their ground has been allowed to retain the terracing for years, that was my point. Yes I know they had every intention, but there were a lot of difficulties. The Gas have no intention and only have difficulties 😀

Having plans usually helps! Although Wally can’t disclose anything due to confidentiality agreements 😂

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

That stand has more pillars than seats! 

42 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

You have to say that, because of the ramshackle piecemeal developments around the ground, it's starting to look like their old spiritual home. If I remember correctly, Eastville had six different roof structures, similar to the old rugby ground of today. Not many clubs could boast having so many different structures. Makes them quite unique really.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

You have to say that, because of the ramshackle piecemeal developments around the ground, it's starting to look like their old spiritual home. If I remember correctly, Eastville had six different roof structures, similar to the old rugby ground of today. Not many clubs could boast having so many different structures. Makes them quite unique really.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eastville+stadium&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=chje0ImtIjUGUM%3A%2C5PC7B0VNRr5dBM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kT-lGPdnVuzU1fYg944-zcceumaqA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9wYqNn_HiAhXYQhUIHejUBy8Q9QEwBHoECAMQDA#imgrc=8Eq1i5GAJCjxaM:&vet=1

Packed out.

Nothing changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Clearly cold that day though. look at the coats. Can't you find any pictures when the first team were playing and the "Milk race" wasn't going through Bristol? :) 

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Glanced through the pictures, and there are a lot of them, and saw one team photo with Bobby "Shadow" Williams in it. Had forgotten he went to the gas after leaving us and going to Rotherham.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Your assuming that they started from Row A!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

True. I think they thrive on people making assumptions. 

Like assuming that Fanta will be dispensed, when they order a Fanta. 

Or when someone asks for a packet of crisps.. they just assume that they’ll be in date. 

Like handing over the keys to your club, to a lovely man with a nice watch... they just assumed that he had some money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

Oxford had several at the old Manor Ground. 

I’m not that any of them were actually tents... but a mish mash of different stands, certainly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

True. I think they thrive on people making assumptions. 

Like assuming that Fanta will be dispensed, when they order a Fanta. 

Or when someone asks for a packet of crisps.. they just assume that they’ll be in date. 

Like handing over the keys to your club, to a lovely man with a nice watch... they just assumed that he had some money. 

Like when they handed over money to the last regime to build them a roof over the Filton avenue end. They assumed the club wouldn't increase the entrance fee due to improved facilities. hahahahahahaha

• Like 1

Sorry. 

Easily done old chap :whistle2::bonkers::laugh:😂

• Thanks 1

Sorry. 

I have that problem

consistent

persistent

discontent

omnipotent

malcontent

impenitent

inexistent

idempotent

totipotent

overpotent

subsistent

coexistent

🤔

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chucky said:

30,000 are locked outside

If I remember rightly they used to stand on the hard shoulder of the M32 to avoid paying.

51 minutes ago, BSRED said:

If I remember rightly they used to stand on the hard shoulder of the M32 to avoid paying.

They’ve progressed since, passing tickets back through the fence to their mates. Their moaning like fvck about Wally not spending any money yet won’t even pay for themselves to get in.

Edited by BCFC11

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

They’ve progressed since, passing tickets back through the fence to their mates. Their moaning like fvck about Wally not spending any money yet won’t even pay for themselves to get in.

You can't blame them mind.

Even the Sags don't want to pay to watch that shambles!

• Like 1

To be fair I don't think the BBC Did them any favours when they dispatched Garth Crooks West with his pith helmet, to interview Wael.. 

"You can buy any club in the prem (he fawned) why Bristol Rovers?" 

Well, not any club he joked, 

You got that effing right... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Given that most of the shots and defensive clearances end up in Row Z, I suspect that they start with Row Z and work down. So they would get to about Row S before they ran out of space.

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Some of them pay to get in...........they pay the man on the disabled exit gate a tenner. 💷

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sorry. 

Don't sweat it....  For all in tents and purposes it's an easy mistake to make.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Don't sweat it....  For all in tents and purposes it's an easy mistake to make.......

That’s very gracious of you..!

I’d hate to think that my whimsical remarks had caused any offence or misunderstanding. 

Perhaps we should “canvas” opinions, just to make sure..?!

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s very gracious of you..!

I’d hate to think that my whimsical remarks had caused any offence or misunderstanding. 

Perhaps we should “canvas” opinions, just to make sure..?!

No need....  as it's such a common mistake, we'll just mark 'ee down as an honest error........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Urmmm HELLO...???!

How do they get away with putting up these temporary structures over such long periods. They are designed for one off events like the Bath and West show etc not permanent sporting stadium stands. 

7 minutes ago, Fiale said:

How do they get away with putting up these temporary structures over such long periods. They are designed for one off events like the Bath and West show etc not permanent sporting stadium stands. 

I suppose, by definition, Rovers’ home ground is only ever expected to be “Temporary”, until they up root and find somewhere else to squat for the next decade or two. 

It it the equivalent of someone wanting an extension added to their house and just cementing the tent pegs into their driveway..! 

12 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Fortnightly livestock shows.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Urmmm HELLO...???!

I counted 163 seats . That is the most embarrassing stand I’ve ever seen. The premium seats in the middle have 2 posts in the way and not even a row H . Tinpot rovers 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I counted 163 seats . That is the most embarrassing stand I’ve ever seen. The premium seats in the middle have 2 posts in the way and not even a row H . Tinpot rovers 

Manor ground Oxford was much better

15 hours ago, RedM said:

Their only intention is to not pay for any stadium. Always has been. They have never been knocked back in their plans (planning permission) to build a stadium; they've just never been able to afford it. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

What about half the stand have seats not even facing the pitch , they have views  behind the goal.

Neck ache stand .

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Manor ground Oxford was much better

Old school ground. Remember going there could see a thing though the fog . The chief scored 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Planning permission not needed for farm buildings?

*edit, they'll be ok to build a new stadium at the 'Colony' then!

Edited by myol'man

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Urmmm HELLO...???!

Does erecting a structure 🤔,with a one sized Allen key count as building something.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Urmmm HELLO...???!

Isn't it amazing that we can build that massive roof on the Lansdown stand with zero restricted views and they have a 163 seater tent with FIVE posts in the way.

EDIT:  Just realised why those seats are more expensive, because the posts are in the way you don't have to watch it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Serious question, I'm confused why they went through the expense of putting this stand up for just 163. 

Surely the space it has replaced could have catered for a larger number?

So they have actually decreased their capacity building this

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Serious question, I'm confused why they went through the expense of putting this stand up for just 163. 

Who knows . Horrendous bit of planning 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

To improve the percentage of capacity figures.....

They'll be telling everyone that they've gone from being 60 % full to 65% and point to it as progress....rather than because of them reducing the amount of inbreds they can get in there.  Because they're loyal and prowed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yes this is true. Capacity has reduced due to this contraption. Doesn't matter anyway as they never sell out and don't need the extra Capacity.  It just allows them to charge 163 people a fiver more and makes it look as though they are trying to improve things.