Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

5 hours ago, REDLEE said:

In fairness to him, that new Dutch keeper has got a pretty big name!

So where is cockman going next?

Pierre Van Hoojdonk or

Jan Vennigoor of Hesselink

7 hours ago, Swede said:

Pierre Van Hoojdonk or

I think any Dutch player signing for the sorry sags would have to be Blind.

• Haha 7
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, awbb said:

That would have to be Danny though, as he is in his late 50's..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, awbb said:

That would be some fall from Grace. Man United to Bristol Rovers, in a couple of seasons..! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That would be some fall from Grace. Man United to Bristol Rovers, in a couple of seasons..! 

But completely understandable....  I mean, no other team is wearing da faymuss quarterzzzzz mind!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swede said:

Pierre Van Hoojdonk or

Neither, he's offering terms to Eddie LARGE......

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BS3City said:

Gonna have to correct you Bazooka. The Sag Supremo has previously confirmed on Radio Bristol that it's Cock not Cough...

Thanks.

I tried using that pronunciation when I popped into Boots for some cough syrup this morning.

The assistant called me a coughy so-and-so and asked me to leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

FGR today signed goalkeeper Adam Smith who was released by the SAGS (after playing 28 league games in 2 seasons). On signing Smith said ‘I think it’s a good opportunity to move my game on to the next level’. Don’t you just love it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

FGR today signed goalkeeper Adam Smith who was released by the SAGS (after playing 28 league games in 2 seasons). On signing Smith said ‘I think it’s a good opportunity to move my game on to the next level’. Don’t you just love it. 

Things flapping around in the background (“roofs” in Bristol Rovers case) is very distracting for goalkeepers. 

He must be relishing the opportunity to focus on a football. 

EDIT: and that’s not even allowing for Babestation being on in the background..!

Edited by Bar BS3

27 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Waffle Al-Qadi more like. Entrepreneur or bullshiter?

43 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

But even that's not what the family is worth, they have shares in banks and businesses that are valued at that, they don't own the whole of them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But even that's not what the family is worth, they have shares in banks and businesses that are valued at that, they don't own the whole of them.

A bit subtle for the average Gashead though. They'll be coming for us again now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

A bit subtle for the average Gashead

Most Sags aren't even average, to be fair...

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I'm not even sure it's that!

From what I can tell in open source - AJIB has a current market cap of about $225M. The family have a holding of about 28% which gives you a value of about $71M. The family also have a 28% holding in a tourism based company with a market cap of $142M which works out at about $40M - so a family wealth of $110M odd.

Of note, WAQ has about 4% in each company worth about $16M. Obviously not too shabby but hardly large in football stake.

I would assume the family have lots of other holdings elsewhere but I doubt they add up to $300M!!

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Son Of Nob said:

I'm not even sure it's that!

I'm not sure it's that either. When I looked the other week and posted (#52047) I think you may have confused US with Jordanian dollars. I think he's actually worth about half that you've calculated. Wouldn't that be a shame....?

On 24/06/2019 at 23:21, Swede said:

Pierre Van Hoojdonk or

Hertz Van Rental ??

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I'm not sure it's that either. When I looked the other week and posted (#52047) I think you may have confused US with Jordanian dollars. I think he's actually worth about half that you've calculated. Wouldn't that be a shame....?

I had market cap at JOD 180M which based on 1 Jordanian Dinar = 1.41 Dollars came to the figure above. Haven't looked at that post yet as I'm currently walking a hyperactive pug!

Edited by Son Of Nob
Wrong currency conversion - sackable offence

2 hours ago, Portred said:

Hertz Van Rental ??

Randy Van Warmer? 

48 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Their new Dutch striker will be a firm favourite with the crowds ... Ruud Fokker

I’m sure that I’m already a firm favourite amongst the blew phew, Sir Colin. 

28 minutes ago, Unan said:

Wow their site is redirecting to spam sites, nice

yea...saw that last night. Rudely interrupting my "laugh-a-minute" viewing

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Randy Van Warmer? 

Randy de Bench Warmer.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The losers must be looking at our 3 latest signings with envy.  Turning from blue to green.

Highly doubtful, the GasLogic in them are actually p!ssing themselves as SL chucks more money at another ‘failed’  82ers promotion bid.

Whilst Wally is looking around the back of Sinclair’s old pissed stained sofa in the Mem car park to fund their next free transfer, it’s all good though as they all prefer to stay as they are and not be ran like them Ted’s, as they still have their identity.

FTG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The losers must be looking at our 3 latest signings with envy.  Turning from blue to green.

Let’s not jump the gun until they are announced as actually being signed, eh..! 

• Like 3

I see their superstar Stefan Payne has had his contract terminated by mutual consent

A shame he was suitably rubbish for them

(St. Mochta's FC are the current Leinster Senior League (3rd tier) champions).

Pre-Season: Rovers to Head to Ireland for Training Camp

We can confirm that the first-team squad will be travelling to Ireland for a pre-season training camp, to further preparations for the 2019/20 Sky Bet League One season.

The trip will see the squad depart on Monday, 8th July to the Irish capital.

As part of the training camp, the first-team will face St. Mochta’s FC in a pre-season friendly on Wednesday, 10th July (7:45pm KO).

Admission prices for the game will be priced at €5 for adults and free for children, with tickets available on the evening at the stadium (St. Mochta’s FC, Porterstown Road, Porterstown, Dublin 15. Ireland).

Talking about the training camp, Manager Graham Coughlan said, “Pre-season is a time to put in the hard yards that set the foundations for the season ahead.

“We originally had a local training camp in the pipeline, but for reasons out of our control, that environment wasn’t right to allow us to put in the essential work on the training ground that is needed at this time of year.”

“We understand that the trip has been arranged at short notice, but the opportunity to take the lads away, just for a few days, will aid in team bonding and boost the squad morale in the weeks ahead of the season starting.

“We will be getting the players as best prepared as possible for the new season and we believe that this trip will allow us to achieve that goal.

“We would like to thank St. Mochta’s for arranging to face us in a pre-season game, that will help us get more minutes into the squad as we edge closer to the start of the season.”

Rovers begin their pre-season season schedule against Yate Town on Saturday, 6th July at Lodge Road(1pm KO).

9 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

We can confirm that the first-team squad will be travelling to Ireland for a pre-season training camp, to further preparations for the 2019/20 Sky Bet League One season.

As part of the training camp, the first-team will face St. Mochta’s FC in a pre-season friendly on Wednesday, 10th July (7:45pm KO).

Admission prices for the game will be priced at €5 for adults and free for children, with tickets available on the evening at the stadium (St. Mochta’s FC, Porterstown Road, Porterstown, Dublin 15. Ireland).

Talking about the training camp, Manager Graham Coughlan said, “Pre-season is a time to put in the hard yards that set the foundations for the season ahead.

We originally had a local training camp in the pipeline, but for reasons out of our control, that environment wasn’t right to allow us to put in the essential work on the training ground that is needed at this time of year.

“We understand that the trip has been arranged at short notice, but the opportunity to take the lads away, just for a few days, will aid in team bonding and boost the squad morale in the weeks ahead of the season starting.

“We will be getting the players as best prepared as possible for the new season and we believe that this trip will allow us to achieve that goal.

“We would like to thank St. Mochta’s for arranging to face us in a pre-season game, that will help us get more minutes into the squad as we edge closer to the start of the season.”

Rovers begin their pre-season season schedule against Yate Town on Saturday, 6th July at Lodge Road(1pm KO).

Does this mean they haven't built that new training ground? Surely that can't be right?

• Haha 2

Just now, richwwtk said:

Does that story really quote their manager as saying their training ground isn't up to Pre-season?

The quote is "We originally had a local training camp in the pipeline, but for reasons out of our control, that environment wasn’t right" so as much as I'd love to laugh at the gas not having their own training ground it looks as though he is referring to another training facility where they had originally hoped to hold their pre-season training camp. Perhaps it was high tide on Weston beach so they couldn't train there?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

“We originally had a local training camp in the pipeline, but for reasons out of our control, that environment wasn’t right to allow us to put in the essential work on the training ground that is needed at this time of year.”

I've read this in a Irish accent for some reason.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I've read this in a Irish accent for some reason.

You're Irish?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 26/06/2019 at 15:44, Carey 6 said:

Not including the Premier League.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I see their superstar Stefan Payne has had his contract terminated by mutual consent

He's now just signed for rovers.... Tranmere. A step up no doubt. 

51 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They couldn't source a rotavator or whacker plate.

36 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The quote is "We originally had a local training camp in the pipeline, but for reasons out of our control, that environment wasn’t right" so as much as I'd love to laugh at the gas not having their own training ground it looks as though he is referring to another training facility where they had originally hoped to hold their pre-season training camp. Perhaps it was high tide on Weston beach so they couldn't train there?

Don't be silly.......If they trained on Weston beach, all the kids would be asking their Mums and Dads for rides

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, phantom said:

17 moves and his 14th club in a little over 10 years. What a great player he must be to have around the dressing room. 😂

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

They couldn't afford to pay someone to cut the long grass. 

Hey Declan. Halo. It’s da Cock. How da very divil are d’you? Oiv got a bit of a problem wid me team’s training plans. Does Father Bernard still run dat Boys Brigade football team? St. Mochta's? Dat’s da one. Would dey be up for a kick around da week after next?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8