Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

5 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

What did Matty actually do wrong?

A team met his release clause, so he made the decision to move up a division, for a very decent payrise. 

What a bastard. 

Not much different to Bobby going to Cardiff really. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fatchers said:

Didn't Lee Johnson say that there is No such agreement at the time Bodin was tenuously linked to us before he jumped ship ?

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Sam Goldwyn (though he probably wasn't the first to say it).

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

They have been told by a couple of their own numerous times that it was public knowledge, how that came about I don’t know, guessing his Agent to the press, but one of Fewers said he’d heard it from a close friend of MT.

Matty Taylor and Lee Johnson share the same agent.👀👀

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

They have been told by a couple of their own numerous times that it was public knowledge, how that came about I don’t know, guessing his Agent to the press, but one of Fewers said he’d heard it from a close friend of MT.

I was chatting to a sag mate regarding the clause just after we signed him. Obviously it was all underhand and should be reported to the FA etc etc etc. The thing is which I tried explaining was release clauses are generally out in the open anyway - if it was illegal then why do the media and the likes of Sky Sports report them on a regular basis?? Most players have release clauses and all are pretty much in the public domain, plenty are even reported when they sign a new contract (Messi, Neymar etc). What is so different about anyone knowing what Taylors was? It was in the Daily Mirror (I think) months beforehand, and all over their forum, but that conveniently didn't matter and it was ours and his agents doing..... 

Blame your stupid club if they cannot negotiate a players contract properly, or spend some money and pay someone to do it for you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And to think some of them don't want to try and loan some of our U23s as it will block the pathway of their own development players...

The updates are convincing.

7 nil drubbing at home to a non league u23 team. They have nothing do they. Coming for us mind.

• Haha 1

On 19/08/2019 at 13:22, Port Said Red said:

But apparently they don't want a real stadium as that would make them a "franchise" or some such nonsense, their ground invokes the spirit of "real football" where it's still 1972 and the passion of that era. I don't understand why more people don't turn up for that real experience.... 🙄

On 19/08/2019 at 20:33, adamski said:

It would have been shite in 1972, believe me!

How can you possibly forget that da gas won a major trophy in 1972? Shame on you for not recognising their triumph on penalties in the final of The Watney Mann Invitation Cup .... a pre-season tournament that included only eight teams (the highest scorers in the four divisions) and lasted a whopping four seasons before axed in 1973 .... I remember a great quote from the huge sag centre half at the time, Stuart Taylor: “Yeh, those were the days when we’d score 80 goals in a season, but let in 120 at our end..”

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

Two more red cards in their favour. 

Imagine my shock. 

Normal service resumed at Chernobyl then.

2 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

By all accounts the 2nd sending off was for 2 yellows. The thing is, the 1st yellow was never issued to the player being sent off. 

You're joking?

13 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Not even the keeper that was bent........they literally are the worlds thickest fan base.

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There was a scandal on those lines that involved more than the goalkeeper. But clearly they are nowhere the same bracket as someone who legally decided to sign for another club.

On that subject, what has happened to @Esmond Million's Bung?

I haven't seen him post for ages.

Is everything OK Es?

18 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Chernobyl has a new name, Tranny fan has called it an abomination!

Coming from someone who probably hails from Birkenhead - that is some condemnation!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can you possibly forget that da gas won a major trophy in 1972? Shame on you for not recognising their triumph on penalties in the final of The Watney Mann Invitation Cup .... a pre-season tournament that included only eight teams (the highest scorers in the four divisions) and lasted a whopping four seasons before axed in 1973 .... I remember a great quote from the huge sag centre half at the time, Stuart Taylor: “Yeh, those were the days when we’d score 80 goals in a season, but let in 120 at our end..”

I was referring to the Camp Site, even based against 1970 stadia it is still shite...Camp Shite

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

6,802 less Tranmere.........it’s what they do. Many Championship clubs would be envious of that.

massive club my arse - Swindle had more tonight 

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

6,802 less Tranmere.........it’s what they do. Many Championship clubs would be envious of that.

Don't forget they will sell out Saturday so the bestest fans are probably saving their money for that, think its going to be a headbutting minibus and punching horses sort of day oh and blowing up inflatable snakes.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

massive club my arse - Swindle had more tonight 

To be fair to them (and it pains me to say this) I don’t think I’ve ever heard a sag call their club ‘massive’ - they’ve said many a time that they take ‘massive numbers away’ but that’s slightly different and is indeed another delusional statement with no basis in truth ... they’ve also always said that City fans think our club is ‘massive’ and similarly I’ve never heard a City fan call our club ‘massive’ ...

Two pens and a red card. We were only a horse punch and bit of racism from a full house* on Rovers Bingo

*The only type of full house they’ll ever manage 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Don't forget they will sell out Saturday so the bestest fans are probably saving their money for that, think its going to be a headbutting minibus and punching horses sort of day oh and blowing up inflatable snakes.

Yeah but the other 10k showed up at 3pm mind. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair to them (and it pains me to say this) I don’t think I’ve ever heard a sag call their club ‘massive’ - they’ve said many a time that they take ‘massive numbers away’ but that’s slightly different and is indeed another delusional statement with no basis in truth

They repeatedly claim to have huge support. 🤣

Under 7k at home tonight apparently. 

Utterly laughable, deluded idiots. They really don’t help themselves and deserve to be ridiculed.

Our old friend Weezord (you know the one who was too embarrassed to admit he was a Sag? Has just produced this gift over on Sagchat.....

Arsenal took Ozil and the other Arsenal player out of their game with Newcastle for security reasons, might Oxford do the same?

Football aside, sadly it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave him out considering what happened to him when he signed for the 82ers.

I really do wonder wtf goes on in a Fewers head, I mean who the f4ck do they actually think they are, the Mafia?? 😂😂😂 I bet Taylor absolutely bricking it at the thought of the notorious GHS coming out in force to abuse him for 90mins, can’t blame him though some of them are known to headbutt minibuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Our old friend Weezord (you know the one who was too embarrassed to admit he was a Sag? Has just produced this gift over on Sagchat.....

Arsenal took Ozil and the other Arsenal player out of their game with Newcastle for security reasons, might Oxford do the same?

Football aside, sadly it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave him out considering what happened to him when he signed for the 82ers.

I really do wonder wtf goes on in a Fewers head, I mean who the f4ck do they actually think they are, the Mafia?? 😂😂😂 I bet Taylor absolutely bricking it at the thought of the notorious GHS coming out in force to abuse him for 90mins, can’t blame him though some of them are known to headbutt minibuses.

Tells you something when they'll get their "biggest " crowd of the season just to watch a City reject !  :P

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

6,802 :laughcont:

Tinpot little outfit.

About 500 of those from Tranmere as well.

Just over 6300 Sags bothered to show up tonight.

No wonder they go around telling everyone about their ‘huge’, ‘loyal’ fan base.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TomF said:

Two pens and a red card. We were only a horse punch and bit of racism from a full house* on Rovers Bingo

*The only type of full house they’ll ever manage 

Boob cricket ?

33 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve never known a team to get as many penalties as that lot do...

Well the FA had to pick another club to favour given that Man Utd are pretty crap these days, so being the closest club to Utd in terms of such a huge fanbase there was really was only one choice.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

About 500 of those from Tranmere as well.

Just over 6300 Sags bothered to show up tonight.

No wonder they go around telling everyone about their ‘huge’, ‘loyal’ fan base.

Wow, it's getting worse.  I thought 8k was rock bottom. But City were on red button, so that may be the reason why so few fewers actually went.  They stayed in to watch some proper football.

Bristol Water screwed up my plumbing tonight and sent a sag plumber to fix it.  He admitted that he hadnt been to see them this season and that a lot of his mates were pretty hacked off with the state of affairs at the club.

They're even kicking off that Radio Bristol had 4 City callers for each Gashead. 

Who'd have thought that a team with 4 times as many fans have 4 times as many people calling in?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, old parkender said:

Disgrace

F82DCAB5-EECB-42A5-8B9A-95BE4BC8E020.png

When called out by Michelle Owen on that tweet he desperately back-tracked and tried to insist it was aimed at his City supporting mate called Lee! Obviously utter rubbish - why would he tell his City supporting mate to ‘enjoy the game’?! And if it was genuinely aimed at his mate then why did he hastily delete the tweet?! 

What was it Danny Baker called Rovers fans?!

• Like 1