Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

At least the gas attendance was better than Macclesfield.

Their players are on strike due to not being paid. The first team watched from the stand as the youth team lost heavily to Kingstonian.

The fans showed solidarity with the players and less than one thousand turned up.

Maybe, just maybe the gas where staying away in support of Macclefields players from afar, or maybe their support is just what it is, shit. 

• Hmmm 1

51 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

How many City were at Cardiff? Can’t have been far off the number of Gash who turned up yesterday at home.

Look, you don’t seem to understand. Horfield is much nearer to Sheffield than Cardiff; there have been devastating floods in Sheffield so small wonder that awful situation kept the gate so low (lower than a witch’s tit I can confidently state) at the Memorial Ground.

Please try to keep up. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Confirmed the Gas replay is on TV.

Aaaw ****, I'm not prepared for national humiliation - better hide the sharp implements! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Ready made excuse for the gas hoardes failing to turn up for the game.

• Like 1

So they are on TV...

This is bound to lead to some of their usual 'Gasonomics' when the stupid start to go on about unbudgeted income.

Was only a few years back that they got beaten at Chelsea and seemingly made 250k from the game.

Even 2 seasons later someone of them were calling for that money to be spent, unaware that it had been used to offset their losses.

Fully expect one of them to suggest a January loan signing using that money.

1 hour ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I would imagine the TV companies are expecting an upset. I reckon Bromley will be ok though. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Super said:

In fairness to Rovers weren't most cup ties poorly attended? 7k at Sunderland apparently.

Hahaha, like they’d be fair to us in the same circumstances.

Lets not forget that they are the self proclaimed most loyal fan base on the Planet who ALWAYS turn up in HUGE numbers.

• Haha 1

Personally I usually love the underdog to win - but I'll make an exception in this game and root for Bromley.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 4

Hope the Fewers have their eyes glued to the screen from 7pm tonight and their fingers crossed, as this is where we come into the competition at round 2 - apparently! :rofl2br:

The Ravens v The Raving

No please, not the Gas on national TV. They give Bristol a bad name and are truly an embarrassment to the city.

Still, I will watch it for a laugh. Come on Bromley.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The Ravens v The Raving

No please, not the Gas on national TV. They give Bristol a bad name and are truly an embarrassment to the city.

Still, I will watch it for a laugh. Come on Bromley.

At least they will be playing at a better ground, the BBC won't have to embarrass them by putting their pit on TV.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Super said:

In fairness to Rovers weren't most cup ties poorly attended? 7k at Sunderland apparently.

That is woeful. 
Utterly woeful..! 

Twice as many as Rovers, but woeful, still..! 

Before making the draw on tv they said to watch out for the big clubs..Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich and Coventry...surely they missed out the really big club in the lower leagues...didnt they ?🤔🤔

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Before making the draw on tv they said to watch out for the big clubs..Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich and Coventry...surely they missed out the really big club in the lower leagues...didnt they ?🤔🤔

Plymouth? Bradford? 

4 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

The same night as a large number of Euro 2020 qualifying matches are on the box, as well as Guyana vs The Windward Islands in the West Indies Super 50 cricket competition- and also there’s a Christmas market in Leicester Square and the London Jazz Festival is on - so, there’s the excuses for the sags only taking 17 fans to a proper stadium ...

#MassiveNumbersAwayIt’sJustWhatWeDo ...

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The same night as a large number of Euro 2020 qualifying matches are on the box, as well as Guyana vs The Windward Islands in the West Indies Super 50 cricket competition- and also there’s a Christmas market in Leicester Square and the London Jazz Festival is on - so, there’s the excuses for the sags only taking 17 fans to a proper stadium ...

#MassiveNumbersAwayIt’sJustWhatWeDo ...

17,000 you mean.

4 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Hope the Fewers have their eyes glued to the screen from 7pm tonight and their fingers crossed, as this is where we come into the competition at round 2 - apparently! :rofl2br:

The BIG clubs (us) only come into it in round 3.

1 hour ago, InCyder said:

First highlight is Rovers kicking off and booting the ball straight out of play 🤣

Match fixing....

Star man Upson on the loyal and true support of the Gas ;

’ Upson admits this can make it slightly surreal to be playing at a sparse Memorial Stadium in the tournament.

He said: "You do play games where there's not so many people there.’

How can they tell the difference between the auto Johnson Leyland checkatrade cup and whatever division they are polluting these days ?  

53 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

That will upset the son, brothers and uncles....

B1AD06E1-7B0E-4D8F-B274-2D36E8517115.jpeg

What kind of human being flogs their sister out on the internet just like that?

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

That will upset the son, brothers and uncles....

B1AD06E1-7B0E-4D8F-B274-2D36E8517115.jpeg

IF we give the away team the away end plus 2 of our stands, there’s a chance, we might, possibly, maybe,  hopefully, be able to get........... (drum roll).................... (wait for it...).................. 8k!! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

IF we give the away team the away end plus 2 of our stands, there’s a chance, we might, possibly, maybe,  hopefully, be able to get........... (drum roll).................... (wait for it...).................. 8k!! 😂😂😂

They really do know how to embarrass themselves

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

already estimating how many of the hordes will  turn up, even before they know if they've qualified for that round - talk about premature (what next, estimating their turnout for the semi--finals?)

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

already estimating how many of the hordes will  turn up, even before they know if they've qualified for that round - talk about premature (what next, estimating their turnout for the semi--finals?)

It’s fine. What can possibly go wrong..? 
It’s not like they’ve been known to prematurely celebrate a result before it’s happened...! 
It’s not only incest and mongaloid DNA that they share with their Swindon brethren. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s fine. What can possibly go wrong..? 
It’s not like they’ve been known to prematurely celebrate a result before it’s happened...! 
It’s not only incest and *--------- DNA that they share with their Swindon brethren. 

A bit of banter makes the World go around as far as I'm concerned... BUT I felt the need to draw the line at your *(amended above) final sentence. 

We can all go a bit OTT at times & hope you feel perhaps you have in this instance?

Having just watched some amazing 'children in need' kids doing some amazing stuff for others I just had to pull you on this one... Take the piss outta rivals big time but there has to be limits kept within reason and certain things just aren't suitable for banter..  Hope you agree. 👍 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

A bit of banter makes the World go around as far as I'm concerned... BUT I felt the need to draw the line at your *(amended above) final sentence. 

We can all go a bit OTT at times & hope you feel perhaps you have in this instance?

Having just watched some amazing 'children in need' kids doing some amazing stuff for others I just had to pull you on this one... Take the piss outta rivals big time but there has to be limits kept within reason and certain things just aren't suitable for banter..  Hope you agree. 👍 

Fair to edit and no problem with it, although I think you took the meaning a little bit literally. 
No problem though, cheers 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

600 is the guestimate for tonight

….huddled together in a flimsy tent for warmth, (cant think of a better way to spend a cold dark wet Weds night can you?)  😉