Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Cloughie's Peter Taylor, not the old Spurs player. ;)

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ah, sorry, I thought Eddie meant the guy who scored for Spurs in the 9-0 drubbing of the gas ....

Nogbad was correct; I'd forgotten the other Peter Taylor even though he was linked with us at one stage.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 19:19, Vincent Vega said:

Unlucky da shit...!

Screenshot_20191224-191852_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f979d511e79b65acc87127275f77b824.jpg

Let’s take a look at the similarities then..

Small ground (including shit crowds) ✔️

Small Budget ✖️- B’mouth have been spending over their means for years now, R*vers record transfer fee is on par with what De Bruyne earns a week. 

Small Squad ✖️- Bournemouth don't really have that small a squad, just a ridiculously long injury list. Rovers have a small squad as they have no choice, they cannot afford the wages.

Enthusiastic Young Manager ✖️ - Eddie Howe by all means, but excuse my ignorance here but I’ve never even heard of this Garner bloke, someone who’s never managed a single game anywhere, yet bar a couple of them the Fewers all think it’s a great appointment.

Automatic promotion? - 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Small Budget ✖️- B’mouth have been spending over their means for years now, R*vers record transfer fee is on par with what De Bruyne earns a week. 

Small Squad ✖️- Bournemouth don't really have that small a squad, just a ridiculously long injury list. Rovers have a small squad as they have no choice, they cannot afford the wages.

Enthusiastic Young Manager ✖️ - Eddie Howe by all means, but excuse my ignorance here but I’ve never even heard of this Garner bloke, someone who’s never managed a single game anywhere, yet bar a couple of them the Fewers all think it’s a great appointment.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

i think this gardner chap  has been mis employed to pick up fox poop and mow the grass

In Harry Redknapps book he said that when he first Managed Bournemouth, he was just happy if they found someone prepared to go around and pick up the dog poop from their local park, so they could train there.

There’s a similarity that hasn’t been mentioned. :)

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

In Harry Redknapps book he said that when he first Managed Bournemouth, he was just happy if they found someone prepared to go around and pick up the dog poop from their local park, so they could train there.

There’s a similarity that hasn’t been mentioned. :)

Carrying on from the notorious dog botherer Darryl Clarke.

38 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

On the bright side............under 9k sags on Boxing day, best run in years (till today) new manager ! It's what they do .

I see the BBC match report refers to their penalty as controversial.

Quelle surprise!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

On the bright side............under 9k sags on Boxing day, best run in years (till today) new manager ! It's what they do .

Sag on the Radio said lost in front of a massive crowd. 

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

2nd at one point yesterday, can't even sell 9000

Embarrassing support.

On a side note, if you’re bored of ‘Johnson talk’ it’s worth taking a look on Sagchat where Gasheads who apparently NEVER talk about us have racked up 4 pages in less than 24 hours about an unfortunate incident that happened after our game yesterday (I’m sure most people have seen the video).

Never mind the fact that it appears that there may be more to it than meets the eye especially as the Police have confirmed they all knew each other, Sags of course are doing their ‘holier than thou’ act.

That’s the same Gasheads that introduced the World to ‘Boob Cricket’.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

On 24/12/2019 at 11:19, Vincent Vega said:

Unlucky da shit...!

Screenshot_20191224-191852_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f979d511e79b65acc87127275f77b824.jpg

Another example of Moron FC delusion. 

Thing is I would put us on par in the last 5 years with the likes of Preston, Brentford, QPR, Forest, Derby. 

Inexplicably so do they.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Hollow head missed out on the Sag job apparently and is linked with Grimsby...how the mighty have fallen. 

https://fanbanter.co.uk/ian-holloway-has-held-talks-with-league-two-club-to-become-their-manager/

When Grimsby had a fishing fleet, the club used to give a box of fish, as a present, to the visiting team. Not sure of the relevance of this info

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

When Grimsby had a fishing fleet, the club used to give a box of fish, as a present, to the visiting team. Not sure of the relevance of this info

Good information regardless. 

On 22/12/2019 at 20:31, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’ve encountered this bloke on Facebook before, he’s a cretin.

Maybe he’d like to say how many they took to Plymouth earlier in the week?

188 wasn’t it? 

Pathetic support but then, unlike Ipswich, it wasn’t a big day out at a ground they haven’t visited for 30 years. 

To be fair this whole thing IS embarrassing, however our last trip to Portman Rd was in 2012. There are enough things to embarrass us about without making up stuff! 😂

On 25/12/2019 at 21:54, BCFC11 said:

You forgot;

Genuine billionaire owner? Win for the Cherries on this one, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

They used to give two boxes to the Ref, that made sure the opposition were done up like a kipper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Slow news day so lets big up the blue few to fill a few column inches and create some clickbait.

Although The Post did publish an article on the 19 most famous City fans too ...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Although The Post did publish an article on the 19 most famous City fans too ...

Fair enough, I didn`t see it. Says more about our local press and their desperate need for clicks though to have even considered publishing either.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/19-most-famous-celebrity-bristol-3599886

It’s almost a comparable to the clubs status.   John Cleese, Tony Tobinson, Angus Scott, Mark Watson. Or some bloke who got KO’d against a nobody last month 

46 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Eddie Large FFS.  He's Man City through and through.  The only gas he is interested is the stuff piped to his central heating boiler.

Exactly. The only connection to Rovers is pulling a name out of a hat. As it says......

“He lives locally in Portishead and, whilst he is not exactly a regular at the Gas, he drew the winners of the club's sponsorship raffle in 2009 when the partnership with Cowlin Construction ended.”

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Exactly. The only connection to Rovers is pulling a name out of a hat. As it says......

“He lives locally in Portishead and, whilst he is not exactly a regular at the Gas, he drew the winners of the club's sponsorship raffle in 2009 when the partnership with Cowlin Construction ended.”

Hahaha. Can't imagine that features too prominently on Eddie's CV.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Ronnie Size confirms the “family club” is racist to its core.

"I have been going since I was seven years old. From an early age I have seen and heard some awful things in the crowds.

"Bristol is well known for having that edge of racism in some parts of the city. I feel I have made a difference because of my musical journey."

9 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Ronnie Size confirms the “family club” is racist to its core.

"I have been going since I was seven years old. From an early age I have seen and heard some awful things in the crowds.

"Bristol is well known for having that edge of racism in some parts of the city. I feel I have made a difference because of my musical journey."

He`ll be disowned and outed as a gurt dirty ted now.

3 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

A gashead mate of mine said that he once over heard Mick Jagger say that

Jumping Jack Flash is a gas gas gas

Marc Bolan once said life`s a gas so he must have been a fewer too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

A gashead mate of mine said that he once over heard Mick Jagger say that

Jumping Jack Flash is a gas gas gas

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Marc Bolan once said life`s a gas so he must have been a fewer too.

Well Noel definitely ain’t one of them .... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

To be fair this whole thing IS embarrassing, however our last trip to Portman Rd was in 2012. There are enough things to embarrass us about without making up stuff! 😂

In fairness “making stuff up” is a bit harsh. I was going by when Rovers and Ipswich were last in the same division. I didn’t realise that the Gas had met Ipswich in a 1st round, midweek League Cup match since then. 

Either way, it was ridiculous for that dimwit to compare your Saturday attendance at Portman Road, a ground Rovers have barely visited in 30 years, with our trip to Hillsborough (a yearly event), lunchtime on a Sunday...also televised on Sky. But, like I say, the bloke is a whopper.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

35 minutes ago, Malago said:

Another 0-0.  Not even a corner to their name.  It must be really exciting being a saghead

I’m confused - the sky football app had Fleetwood scoring after 70 mins 🤔

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

MK Dons away for the Slags next, no doubt they'll beat the 5,000 we took on our last visit. 

At the risk of sounding like one of the deluded few, I thought it was closer to 6?

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Below 5,500 I'm pretty sure. 

Yes maybe, this was from the BBC report that day, I think anymore than that it would say nearly 6000 or something.

image.png.878e6e705efa1a880ce1cd85bcced500.png