Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

OK, seriously... what would they see as “pushing on to the next level”..? 

I think it’s generally accepted that they simply couldn’t cope at Championship level. Not financially, not by way of structure or facilities, or even potential to improve those sufficiently.

So where is it that they hope to progress..? Wally has twigged that he he’s bought a dud of a football club, but now he’s stuck with it. 

I genuinely wonder if relegation for them would be the beginning of the end..?! 🤞

It's not going to happen, they are a massive club . 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Post Options
 

Post by gas2 on 13 hours ago

People are getting angry we have a right to answers from the owner
 
Right to answers ha ha, its common knowledge that the Humpback wael is full of blubber
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

OK, seriously... what would they see as “pushing on to the next level”..? 

I think it’s generally accepted that they simply couldn’t cope at Championship level. Not financially, not by way of structure or facilities, or even potential to improve those sufficiently.

So where is it that they hope to progress..? Wally has twigged that he he’s bought a dud of a football club, but now he’s stuck with it. 

I genuinely wonder if relegation for them would be the beginning of the end..?! 🤞

I have said all along, he was basically only buying into the UWE future plans and all with other peoples cash, and only in it for himself/investors with a Hotel, housing, shops etc etc. He has proved he has no cash to spend on anything, let alone 50 million on a new stadium. How long ago did he say tarting up the Mem was not feasible, yet when the UWE news came out within 24hrs the answer was "tart up the Mem". 

The Sags are finally waking up and can see their owner will not give them anything at all, and the running losses are getting higher and the charge on the Mem is becoming a massive issue for them.

Who in their right mind would want to buy into them now? Plenty of clubs make losses, but plenty still have potential going forward. I just don't see how a single person/business investor could think they are a decent option to put their hard earned into.

But Wael a very, very nice man, and wouldn't do anything bad to them or leave them in the sh1te would he......

 

Ps - where is he disappeared to? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I have said all along, he was basically only buying into the UWE future plans and all with other peoples cash, and only in it for himself/investors with a Hotel, housing, shops etc etc. He has proved he has no cash to spend on anything, let alone 50 million on a new stadium. How long ago did he say tarting up the Mem was not feasible, yet when the UWE news came out within 24hrs the answer was "tart up the Mem". 

The Sags are finally waking up and can see their owner will not give them anything at all, and the running losses are getting higher and the charge on the Mem is becoming a massive issue for them.

Who in their right mind would want to buy into them now? Plenty of clubs make losses, but plenty still have potential going forward. I just don't see how a single person/business investor could think they are a decent option to put their hard earned into.

But Wael a very, very nice man, and wouldn't do anything bad to them or leave them in the sh1te would he......

 

Ps - where is he disappeared to? 

They do finally appear to be removing their heads from their collective arses (well, some of them anyway) and finally beginning to see what has been blindingly obvious to us ever since Wally took over.

They have finally twigged that the Emperor is in fact, naked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12568/evolution-joke

So Evolution means selling our best players! New Stadium dead in the water! Training ground stagnant! Tarted up bar! price increases all round! some signings injured or unfit we all knew we needed to sign strikers and left back at the start of the summer.
I have said it before and will say it again WAKE up and smell the Coffee Wail and co are not in it for the love of our club, i am feeling really angry, today was an absolute joke don't tell me it was just a friendly losing 4-0 at HOME is embarrassing no matter what the fixture and not good for confidence, how are we ever going to push on to the next level with no proper investment in the squad surely you have to get it right on the pitch first, from what i have seen we will be really struggling this season  

 

Just had a read of that whole thread.  They have collectively smelt the coffee and woken up; it took a while but they got there in the end.

Will they now take the next big step of organising Sack the Board protests now that they have realised that the next bit of evolution is relegation?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going downhill fast on their forum. This just appeared, 

I have seen on another Forum that our Owner has in the last 24hrs received messages of abuse, some of a racial nature.
Does anyone know if this is true, if it is I don't have the words to express my disgust.
Whilst we are all passionate about our club and I include Wael in that it is totally inexcusable for some of our so called fans to behave this way.
If this is correct perhaps we should message our support to the Owner to redress the balance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Just had a read of that whole thread.  They have collectively smelt the coffee and woken up; it took a while but they got there in the end.

Will they now take the next big step of organising Sack the Board protests now that they have realised that the next bit of evolution is relegation?

It'll be like that time 3 of them got black and gold scarves and tried to do something.... and failed.

Reality is, they enjoy being mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed on shit - if they had anything about them they would be collectively knocking on the door of the board to demand answers. I have a feeling they have two supporters on their board of directors, I wonder how the fans are being represented, or are these people only in it for free tickets?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another interesting little snippet in there - one of them says that it is cheaper to take out a full page ad in WellRed than it is for one in their shitty little rag.

So, pay less money for your ad to be seen by 10k or so people or more for it to be looked at by three men and a dog?

Edited by Red Right Hand
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Another interesting little snippet in there - one of them says that it is cheaper to take out a full page ad in WellRed than it is for one in their shitty little rag.

So, pay less money for your ad to be seen by 10k or so people or more for it to be looked at by three men and a dog?

Yeah, but what are the 3 men doing to the dog?  👌

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Has anyone come in for Brucie boy yet? No? They all knew that Grab was no good without Smash 😂

It's all there isn't it ? 

Their  best player wanting out but no one interested, Rover's relégation season , them getting all upset because they considered ' second best ' .

And Smash no good without Grab .

Comedy gold , bless 'em .

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The rented office got to be for tax reasons plus they are using it for there other business while taking money from  rovers to pay for it 

of course he' comes across as a lovely man wait till the the fall out you see his true colours 

bet he's don't turn up for the fiirst game he be on holiday suning his self payed by the increce of coffee prices 

how lucky are we 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Another interesting little snippet in there - one of them says that it is cheaper to take out a full page ad in WellRed than it is for one in their shitty little rag.

So, pay less money for your ad to be seen by 10k or so people or more for it to be looked at by three men and a dog?

I believe that was Henbury Gas (or Free The Henbury Gas one as he’s now going by).

For some reason I don’t believe it therefore. Can’t think why..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I love the bit where it says..

”so once again Rovers find themselves in the shadow of their big brothers across the City”  

Some things never change. :laughcont:

“Shadow”..?! More like a 30 year total eclipse, which shows no sign of shifting..! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
midlandgas213
Club Legend
*****
 
midlandgas213 Avatar
 
Posts: 1,599Male
 
Posting Level
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next Level in 1401 posts
Feb 19, 2016 at 2:37pm
Quote
Post Options
 

Post by midlandgas213 on Feb 19, 2016 at 2:37pm

ahhhhh getting all shirty already wait till we pass you on the way up and you are on the way down, and how many of the floating Bristol fans will you expect at trashton they will all becoming to the gas house in future
don't also forget you are deep In the mire in a relegation fight so see you next season anyway we might let you tramps in the mem to clean it
 
 
 
 
 
HOW'S ALL THAT GOING MIDLANDGAS213??..
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Haha, I can only read a few of the posts before wiping the tears of merriment from my eyes, bless 'em.

It would be extremely interesting to hear their comments now in hindsight.

All joking aside you have to question what both sides have to offer with an investor & club.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...