Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

Not to be worn North of the River. Unless we get them in the cup, then we should all wear them for the trip to chernobyl. At least the stink of cheap rubber will distract from the reek of out of date pies.

125989589.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Scum? Hmmm okay.

Yup, scum. You heard. Not just a term used by us, as many other clubs supporters have come on here over the years, and said similar things about your lot. I doubt you get anything like that on your forum, as anyone that doesn't swear allegiance to the blue and white gets banned anyway.

Thinking you could get a decent ground for a pittance in 82, taking over the Mem, punching 🐴... 

That's not to say all City supporters are angels, and I know some decent Rovers supporters (grew up with a few).

You're a decent poster (for one of them), and actually quite like reading some of your posts. I still stand by my original comments though :boxing:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rich said:

SHIT?      Hmmm okay.

 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Need a history lesson, do you..? 

I’d say that in general, with some exceptions of course, “scum” sums up Bristol Rovers FC & their supporters very well. 

The word ‘scum’ implies something which reaches the surface. I wouldn’t equate BRFC with that term since they will always be plumbing the depths whether this be in footballing terms, morals or in any other respect. Hence in my view ‘detritus’ is a far better noun to describe this joke of a football club and its  mendacious and odious individuals who claim their undying support to this outfit. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Milan Djuric 👍

I was confused about that bit at the end, I wondered if he was referring to Milan who’s still here and would normally play that ‘role’ but maybe he meant Flint? 

**** knows?

Either way, funny reaction to a mild bit of banter by LJ. I expect this particular specimen probably shat his pants in rage when Johnson made that quip after the Man Utd game suggesting that two thirds of Bristol support City. :laughcont:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I was confused about that bit at the end, I wondered if he was referring to Milan who’s still here and would normally play that ‘role’ but maybe he meant Flint? 

**** knows?

Either way, funny reaction to a mild bit of banter by LJ. I expect this particular specimen probably shat his pants in rage when Johnson made that quip after the Man Utd game suggesting that two thirds of Bristol support City. :laughcont:

This assumes that an amoebic gas supporter is capable of shitting himself whilst in a rage.  Is that not too much to ask of ‘people’ who are unable to talk and walk at the same time? Suppose he could be in some brain cell sharing scheme with another fewer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

From tonight’s TV prog, GPs behind closed doors. Horfield surgery. Not sure a GP can do much for schizophrenia...

 

 

D0D511BD-9AA5-4E88-BB9A-692782B57A04.jpeg

That would be heinous for any club, let alone those chromosomally challenged bin dippers. (Primarily talking about the sag Clampetts)

Edited by Juan Kerr
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Need a history lesson, do you..? 

I’d say that in general, with some exceptions of course, “scum” sums up Bristol Rovers FC & their supporters very well. 

I think if people are throwing around words like 'scum' to describe football clubs and supporters then they need to get a sense of perspective.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Taz said:

Yup, scum. You heard. Not just a term used by us, as many other clubs supporters have come on here over the years, and said similar things about your lot. I doubt you get anything like that on your forum, as anyone that doesn't swear allegiance to the blue and white gets banned anyway.

Thinking you could get a decent ground for a pittance in 82, taking over the Mem, punching 🐴... 

That's not to say all City supporters are angels, and I know some decent Rovers supporters (grew up with a few).

You're a decent poster (for one of them), and actually quite like reading some of your posts. I still stand by my original comments though :boxing:

Your prerogative of course, I just think 'scum' is a strange term to use to describe football clubs and their fans. Someone would have to do something REALLY low for me to use that term about them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I agree,  it's a crass nickname, although - and I don't know why- I think scum is a vile term of abuse.

So SHIT is a crass nickname but, "scum", is "a vile term of abuse". Personally, I think Shit is much worse than scum.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Your prerogative of course, I just think 'scum' is a strange term to use to describe football clubs and their fans. Someone would have to do something REALLY low for me to use that term about them.

What sort of thing, Miah? Something like, say a club trying to steal their rival's ground when their rival was in financial jeopardy?

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What sort of thing, Miah? Something like, say a club trying to steal their rival's ground when their rival was in financial jeopardy?

I think you can guess what sort of thing I mean, I mean serious stuff. Football isn't serious.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

So SHIT is a crass nickname but, "scum", is "a vile term of abuse". Personally, I think Shit is much worse than scum.

We will have to agree to differ then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

 

We will have to agree to differ then.

Too right we will. You think scum is worse than SHIT.

I'd rather have a bath with scum in it, than I would with SHIT in it. You obviously prefer the second option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2018 at 15:20, Taz said:

The only time that scum will ever be associated with Ashton Gate, is if SL took them over and closed them down....

I was once asked by a mate what I’d do if I won the lottery....I said I’d buy the roverzzz and turn them into a darts team....”Oh yeah?” he replied “and what would you do if you got 4 numbers?”

(Just like women, the old ones are the best!)

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...