Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

26 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Oh my word. It's actually happened.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/statement-stand-memorial-stadium/

"It is with great disappointment that we have to inform supporters that the two new stands due to be installed this summer will now not be ready in time for the start of the season."

No doubt the tent sponsors will now withdraw support.

https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/

https://scouts.org.uk/home/

43 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ha!

No, absolutely not - she went out with and later married (I believe) Richard O'Sullivan (the Robin in Robin's Nest), but most certainly not David Kelly!

I didn’t mean she was getting a seeing to by O’Reilley Phil, she’s better than that

Our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   Gaslogic ;)

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   Gaslogic ;)

Heard it was an issue with payment 

43 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

gaschat is priceles  - to pick one of many entertaining threads:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12657/new-stand?page=2

Is "Oldgas" a City fan in disguise? His post could have been written by any of us.

It illustrates the absolute effing shambles this club has become.
Close season for 2 months, what have they just realised they are one stand (SW), and 2 promised stands ( one each end of North Terrace) light?
perhaps they're going to say they've just realised we're 2 strikers light as well.
You couldn't effing make it up. If someone went to the BBC with a comedy script about a football club based on Rovers they'd turn it down as being too far fetched.
Embarrasing shambles. Al Quadi and co should hang their heads in shame. In some ways Higgs was better than them, at least he didn't need a paid Chairman, CEO and God knows how many paid back-room flunkies to completely f@ck things up.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Is "Oldgas" a City fan in disguise? His post could have been written by any of us.

It illustrates the absolute effing shambles this club has become.
Close season for 2 months, what have they just realised they are one stand (SW), and 2 promised stands ( one each end of North Terrace) light?
perhaps they're going to say they've just realised we're 2 strikers light as well.
You couldn't effing make it up. If someone went to the BBC with a comedy script about a football club based on Rovers they'd turn it down as being too far fetched.
Embarrasing shambles. Al Quadi and co should hang their heads in shame. In some ways Higgs was better than them, at least he didn't need a paid Chairman, CEO and God knows how many paid back-room flunkies to completely f@ck things up.

These things take time.

7 hours ago, Super said:

Still no sign of the new stand.....

So it looks like the new east stand hasn't arrived yet. I know they said it was quick to put up, but surely 4 days before the game is cutting it a bit fine.

We already know the SW stand is delayed, and people will be moved to the south stand instead. Will the people who have a ticket for the NE stand be directed back to the family terrace? Presumably some of them will need the seat they paid for and will therefore go to the South Stand. The away fans who bought seats will need their segregated area in the south stand. That's a lot of people being redirected to the south stand.

Combine that with a new automatic turnstile system that has never been match tested, it could be a fun Saturday.

You only get what you pay for

ho wait have they. Paid for the stand 

I reckon Al Quadis could literally urinate on their chips ( the £4.50) ones and they’d believe it was raining 

The club statement says....

"because their construction is more complex, our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain."

Clearly the club are laying the blame at the contractors door. Anyone saying it's the club's fault is either talking BS or alleging that the club are downright liars and are making this excuse up.

I know who I'd rather believe.

FTG!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bristol Energy...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-energy-running-84million-loss-1132124

https://utilityweek.co.uk/bristol-energy-receives-2m-council-owner/

So taxpayers in Bristol have so far given/invested a total of 19million in this loss making energy firm, and they can seemingly 'afford' to sponsor Rovers.

Me thinks it might be time to ask Marvellous Marvin how much sponsorship he is authorising down BS3 this year.....

Quite so Rob.

17 minutes ago, B block said:

I reckon Al Quadis could literally urinate on their chips ( the £4.50) ones and they’d believe it was raining 

The club statement says....

"because their construction is more complex, our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain."

Clearly the club are laying the blame at the contractors door. Anyone saying it's the club's fault is either talking BS or alleging that the club are downright liars and are making this excuse up.

I know who I'd rather believe.

FTG!

Did they also blame UWE for some thing 

1 hour ago, B block said:

yeah, cos the club couldn't possible be lying/making up excuses. They've never done that before.

They really are special over there!