Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

14 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

How the hell is this a red card? 🤔

About five guys covering, and definitely not violent conduct.

https://vimeo.com/293006845/recommended

I'm not even sure that's a foul, the keeper was clearly going for the ball and headed it.

Well that was dreadful. Can't believe I wasted a tenner to watch that.. feel for those 198 who now have to spend the night on the motorway. Slow, lethargic, no quality, and it seemed no will to play         any  football. They were there for the taking, no one has conceded more than Rochdale this season and their keeper was red carded and we played the second half like that. 

That was absolute dross.
   We are a very poor side and struggled against ten men and did not have a clue how to break them down.
   They more than matched us and we could not have grumbled if one of our many shaky defensive moments resulted in a goal.
   A point yes, but another game where we could not beat another team near the bottom, despite having a one man advantage.

That has to be the most negative display from a position of strength I have ever watched. Gutless from so many of our players.

hopefully it’s just taking a while for the new lads to bed in, can anyone at this stage honestly say that we’re going to stay up ?

This side is no better than any of our recent relegation sides. No edge to us once again.

Only 1 win in our last 8 league games.

That was... excruciating to watch.

Slow. Lethargic. No movement. No width. Disjointed.

Just awful.

Edited by Unan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Unan said:

Well that was dreadful. Can't believe I wasted a tenner to watch that.. feel for those 198 who now have to spend the night on the motorway. Slow, lethargic, no quality, and it seemed no will to play         any  football. They were there for the taking, no one has conceded more than Rochdale this season and their keeper was red carded and we played the second half like that. 

That was absolute dross.
   We are a very poor side and struggled against ten men and did not have a clue how to break them down.
   They more than matched us and we could not have grumbled if one of our many shaky defensive moments resulted in a goal.
   A point yes, but another game where we could not beat another team near the bottom, despite having a one man advantage.

That has to be the most negative display from a position of strength I have ever watched. Gutless from so many of our players.

hopefully it’s just taking a while for the new lads to bed in, can anyone at this stage honestly say that we’re going to stay up ?

This side is no better than any of our recent relegation sides. No edge to us once again.

Only 1 win in our last 8 league games.

That was... excruciating to watch.

Slow. Lethargic. No movement. No width. Disjointed.

Just awful.

I can confirm that this is all correct. I thought a good few of their players looked overweight for pro footballers. 

I saw nothing this evening to suggest they won’t be in a relegation fight this season. They were consistently outplayed by Rochdale this evening and but for the referee and linesman wanting their moment of glory, I suspect they wouldnt even be coming back with a point. 

• Thanks 1

I was speaking with a friend who coaches in their academy and asked how much involvement DC has in it. He said that DC is scheduled to meet with the academy coaching staff in January.

"January?" Says I. "That seems a very long time away".

My friend said that during the couple of years that he's been there, it'll be the first time that DC will have visited and met with them.

Amazing!

11 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Not sure if I've missed this on an earlier page. 

'Baffled bosses at Bristol Rovers have been told by council planners to close down their two new stands at the Memorial Stadium - because they don't have planning permission.'

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-rovers-stands-planning-permission-2068979

That is superb!

17 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

'Baffled bosses at Bristol Rovers have been told by council planners to close down their two new stands at the Memorial Stadium - because they don't have planning permission.'

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-rovers-stands-planning-permission-2068979

I laughed so much when I read this.  The gift...well, it is nearly Christmas.

15 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

THE GIFT.

1 minute ago, chucky said:

It’s priceless this is a huge **** up by Rovers. Is there another football club in the world who make as many errors as this? Have they sold season tickets for these stands?!!

14 minutes ago, Super said:

That is superb!

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

THE GIFT.

11 minutes ago, chucky said:

I'd not seen the new stands people had been taking the piss out of before seeing them in that article. But they look absolutely shocking.

The banter era they're currently in, is truly outstanding. 

Hang on.... I think I’ll build a new house in my back garden.

When it’s finished, if I like the look of it, I’ll sell it and then apply for planning permission and building regs. 

Proper job. 

Are they just thick, or mad? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Does this include row M?

48 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Apparently it’s not because of planning permission. The council are using that as an excuse. It’s because the stands are a ******* embarrassment to our beautiful city. 

• Haha 1

Noticeable lack of comms from Whale.

Not heard a dicky bird from him in time.

Poorly performing team, crap summer signings, new stands condemned.

He's walking asap I reckon.

Edited by Septic Peg

Wondered how long it would take.....always the victim eh?

Three scenarios:
1. Rovers have jumped the gun on installing the 2 stands because anyone that has dealt with previous planning permission has left the club.

2. Some sh1thead in the Council Planning Department is causing mischief.

3. No f@*£er in either organisation has a clue what is going on.

Truly an utter, utter shambles. Sunday league teams are better ran than Rovers.

Why won't they just fold and admit they are a JOKE of a professional outfit? Reforming as a fan-owned phoenix club (I don't know AFC Rovers or something) would probably be the best thing that could happen to them in years!