Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

14 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Anyone feel we need the gas to offer up some new material for us as they don't seemed to have gaffed for a few weeks?

No worries.

Their new season starts on Saturday. I’m sure it will packed full of new material for us. 

How very odd, and the comment by Cocklan doesn't sound promising at all. Sorry if this has been posted previously, if so I have certainly missed it!

UCD manager Collie O’Neill has revealed that the college remain in the dark over Liam Scales’ proposed transfer to Bristol Rovers.

The Republic of Ireland under-21 defender travelled to Bristol to discuss terms with the League One club, managed by Dubliner Graham Coughlan, in the first week of July.

The Wicklow native appeared happy to knock back the advances of Fleetwood Town, who lodged a late bid, and sign up with the Pirates but progress has been frustratingly slow.

Scales hasn’t lined out for the Students since, nor has he trained with his teammates, and will remain in limbo until a cash-strapped Rovers outfit push through the deal.

“There’s absolutely [happening] nothing on it,” O’Neill told extratime.ie.

“It’s still stalled. We’re still told we’re just waiting on a final bit of paperwork but… nothing. It’s dragging on a little.”

Contrary to media reports suggesting Joey Barton’s Fleetwood had turned his head with a larger offer, the defender has his heart set on Bristol.

“Bristol were in for him and it was more or less done, and then Fleetwood come in as well , but he had his mind made up Bristol was the one he wanted to go to.

“So that’s where it was left, but it was just left with paperwork to be done. It just seemed to drag on.”

Coughlan expanded on the hold-up, speaking to Bristol Live, and hinted that the issue is at his own club’s end.

“There is obviously an issue with the paperwork as we all know,” he said.

“There are one or two minor details which need tidying up, which need sorting out, whether we do that or not I don’t know?

“It is out of my hands now, I have passed it onto the powers that be [at Rovers] - he is a player I have identified and I liked.”

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

apart from agreeing to sign scales from UCD but not actually being able to afford to pay for him leaving both UCD and Scales in Limbo

Apparently Rovers couldn’t afford the Ryanair flight from Dublin to Bristol

personally I quite like being reminded about 1982 ,although it was a dark time to be a city fan the few years that followed were my best years following city  Terry coopers red and white army ,1nil down 2.1 up and all that followed made me appreciate my club a lot more than when we were watching us play in the top division . coypal

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone else find it strange that we have signed 3 former Chelsea players on permanent deals and the Fewers haven't signed any?

Give that Wally is a massive Chelsea fan (with connections, apparently), and given just how wealthy he is, I am amazed they weren't in the frame.

Seriously though, I do recall the Fewers expecting to take Chelsea youth players on loan, thanks to a special relationship.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does anyone else find it strange that we have signed 3 former Chelsea players on permanent deals and the Fewers haven't signed any?

Give that Wally is a massive Chelsea fan (with connections, apparently), and given just how wealthy he is, I am amazed they weren't in the frame.

Seriously though, I do recall the Fewers expecting to take Chelsea youth players on loan, thanks to a special relationship.

Chelsea want to loan their players out to teams who can give them the proper footballing experience, not to hoofball clubs who just try to continuously kick the ball into outer space for 90 minutes.

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought they had a couple the season we had Tammy? Didn't work out too well as I recall

3 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Anyone feel we need the gas to offer up some new material for us as they don't seemed to have gaffed for a few weeks?

Darrell is starting to spill the beans so it could get interesting ...

“I got too involved with politics at Bristol Rovers. It was two years of broken promises that led to a fallout"

Wally? Broken promises? Surely not?

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/walsall-fc/2019/07/30/darrell-clarke-welcomes-new-walsall-era/

4 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Darrell is starting to spill the beans so it could get interesting ...

“I got too involved with politics at Bristol Rovers. It was two years of broken promises that led to a fallout"

Wally? Broken promises? Surely not?

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/walsall-fc/2019/07/30/darrell-clarke-welcomes-new-walsall-era/

It’s almost as if everything we predicted and told the blue few has come true and they are too busy with their head buried in the sand to take notice

they will lose there ground soon as well as debt overtakes the assets value and credit stream dries up

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

It’s almost as if everything we predicted and told the blue few has come true and they are too busy with their head buried in the sand to take notice

they will lose there ground soon as well as debt overtakes the assets value and credit stream dries up

Their confirmation bias is just insane over there, anything that goes against it is shut out, what an awful way to live.

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

How very odd, and the comment by Cocklan doesn't sound promising at all. Sorry if this has been posted previously, if so I have certainly missed it!

UCD manager Collie O’Neill has revealed that the college remain in the dark over Liam Scales’ proposed transfer to Bristol Rovers.

The Republic of Ireland under-21 defender travelled to Bristol to discuss terms with the League One club, managed by Dubliner Graham Coughlan, in the first week of July.

The Wicklow native appeared happy to knock back the advances of Fleetwood Town, who lodged a late bid, and sign up with the Pirates but progress has been frustratingly slow.

Scales hasn’t lined out for the Students since, nor has he trained with his teammates, and will remain in limbo until a cash-strapped Rovers outfit push through the deal.

“There’s absolutely [happening] nothing on it,” O’Neill told extratime.ie.

“It’s still stalled. We’re still told we’re just waiting on a final bit of paperwork but… nothing. It’s dragging on a little.”

Contrary to media reports suggesting Joey Barton’s Fleetwood had turned his head with a larger offer, the defender has his heart set on Bristol.

“Bristol were in for him and it was more or less done, and then Fleetwood come in as well , but he had his mind made up Bristol was the one he wanted to go to.

“So that’s where it was left, but it was just left with paperwork to be done. It just seemed to drag on.”

Coughlan expanded on the hold-up, speaking to Bristol Live, and hinted that the issue is at his own club’s end.

“There is obviously an issue with the paperwork as we all know,” he said.

“There are one or two minor details which need tidying up, which need sorting out, whether we do that or not I don’t know?

“It is out of my hands now, I have passed it onto the powers that be [at Rovers] - he is a player I have identified and I liked.”

Wally is probably still trying figure out how to transfer camels in to Tilsons.

35 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/murky-waters-bristol-rovers-taken-3161703

how long until the efl start asking rovers about proof of funds,

they cant even afford 20k for scales

"UCD boss Collie O'Neill criticised Rovers for not being fair to the player over how slow things were after paperwork was blamed for the hold-up"

... and this is the paperwork that was causing the hold-up....

notes_2340332b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/murky-waters-bristol-rovers-taken-3161703

how long until the efl start asking rovers about proof of funds,

they cant even afford 20k for scales

Wow! That article mentions the "murky world, dark alleys and grey areas" of football transfers. Nothing any different to the usual shenanigans that go on I should imagine.

What a load of crap! If they want the player (and he is keen to go there) just f'kin sign him. Or maybe it's just an excuse cos the Sags haven't got a pot to piss in...

W⚓s...

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm in Blackpool tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a game of boob cricket going, or maybe punch a donkey.

And you could pop down the road to Fleetwood for a pre-match pint and some bum fun like your fellow locked out thousands did last season....🤣

C8F69E34-A16C-4F2D-A255-AC594CF363CA.jpeg.1fe5c50f630e78c79705ebc4b944f9ec.jpeg

• Haha 2

It would also appear that we have all missed this from Gas chat. Is this a new calamity to strike them (probably our fault)

Disclosed the score board cant be used as we don’t have enough power and the groundsman has the wrong kit. No one else has mentioned this 

4 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

It would also appear that we have all missed this from Gas chat. Is this a new calamity to strike them (probably our fault)

Disclosed the score board cant be used as we don’t have enough power and the groundsman has the wrong kit. No one else has mentioned this 

Just put up a sign saying Bristol Rovers Nil.  With the calibre of their strike force that will do for most of the season.

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

Wow! That article mentions the "murky world, dark alleys and grey areas" of football transfers. Nothing any different to the usual shenanigans that go on I should imagine.

What a load of crap! If they want the player (and he is keen to go there) just f'kin sign him. Or maybe it's just an excuse cos the Sags haven't got a pot to piss in...

W⚓s...

Of course gas heads are saying that this is good work by the club. Claiming that UCD and their Management are to blame and that this is a double bluff by the Rovers to get the deal done. One even saying that they should let him sign for someone like Fleetwood and then “pick him up from a club that deals professionally” :) . Obviously they are such a huge club they can do this.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm in Blackpool tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a game of boob cricket going, or maybe punch a donkey.

See if you can find an Electrical wholesaler while you are there Miah

Apparently your big screen when it eventually arrived , before they had issues installing it , now can’t work as you don’t have a proper power supply , the correct cabling for it 

It would seem you never had the right power supply / cabling ......but there again I guess somebody could have driven a tent peg through it ?

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Apparently your big screen when it eventually arrived , before they had issues installing it , now can’t work as you don’t have a proper power supply , the correct cabling for it 

Well my job is finding electrical wholesalers!

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Consistent. I’ll give them that.

They are one of a kind, unique even, as they so often love to claim. The most tinpot club I’ve ever known, the things that have happened over the years with them is beyond belief, or comical to us. 

Absolute shambles from top to bottom, bordering on fraud to be calling themselves a ‘Professional Football Club’

• Flames 1
6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It would seem you never had the right power supply / cabling ......but there again I guess somebody could have driven a tent peg through it ?

Think they bought it off Del Boy doesn't work off the English grid there flying someone from Cape canaveral over to sort it