Jump to content

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

A fairly standard response and fair play to him. Gasheads now saying the council will compulsory purchase the site for new development to include high end apartments and a stadium....

Most of them are genuinely off their heads.

Imagine my shock, they expect the council to buy the land for them, something for nothing again. They are the most deluded fan base in the history of deluded fanbases

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

That won’t happen as what ever aid they give the gas they also have to give us,

thanks to the fuss they made in 1982 and them not letting the council help us,

precedent has been set and pay back is a bitch :laugh:

Probably even more difficult than that Monkeh , if the Council gave us and the gAss anything , anyone that didn't like or follow football would be up in arms about their Council tax. being wasted. Keyboard hipster warriors would be out in force.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Probably even more difficult than that Monkeh , if the Council gave us and the gAss anything , anyone that didn't like or follow football would be up in arms about their Council tax. being wasted. Keyboard hipster warriors would be out in force.

They would be right though to be fair.

Commercuial enterprises getting public funds when we have homeless kipping in doorways.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going down the A4 on the way home tonight there's not a chance a football ground will be built on that site.

As for getting it done within two years. I'd bet if they started demolishing tomorrow it wouldn't be ready by then 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having had a bit of a think about the numbers invovled in this pipe dream, could the more finance savvy members of OTIB confirm the following thoughts:

Right now, the SAGs are losing money hand over fist however, Wally and Co (He's a lovely man) are keeping the club afloat by putting money into the club to pay the bills. However, if things go tits up or if Wally gets on his camel and rides out of town, the family have secured there investment against the mem so get their cash back (sort of) in any sale. Having said that, as I understand it, the value of the family's loans now equals the value of the Mem therefore any more money that gets shunted in wlil be at a loss to the family if they sell up unless they get a cracking good price for the ground.

Furthermore then, when the site of the Mem gets sold as part of the move, all the proceeds from this sale are currently owed to the family. Unless Wally and Co put that money back into the new stadium the total money they'll have to invest from the sale of the Mem is zero. That means the whole amount of cash or a vast percentage of it is going to come from the investment banks. This means that the payments will have to be made and kept being made otherwise they're going to take they're money back and it's bye bye Saggys.

The final question then, is how is a club currently making a multi million pound loss going to find the money to turn that loss into a profit and pay off an approximate 45 million pound loan ? Even with a potential increase of gate revenue from the new stadium novelty value there's nothing to suggest they'll start making that kind of money any time soon.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Having had a bit of a think about the numbers invovled in this pipe dream, could the more finance savvy members of OTIB confirm the following thoughts:

Right now, the SAGs are losing money hand over fist however, Wally and Co (He's a lovely man) are keeping the club afloat by putting money into the club to pay the bills. However, if things go tits up or if Wally gets on his camel and rides out of town, the family have secured there investment against the mem so get their cash back (sort of) in any sale. Having said that, as I understand it, the value of the family's loans now equals the value of the Mem therefore any more money that gets shunted in wlil be at a loss to the family if they sell up unless they get a cracking good price for the ground.

Furthermore then, when the site of the Mem gets sold as part of the move, all the proceeds from this sale are currently owed to the family. Unless Wally and Co put that money back into the new stadium the total money they'll have to invest from the sale of the Mem is zero. That means the whole amount of cash or a vast percentage of it is going to come from the investment banks. This means that the payments will have to be made and kept being made otherwise they're going to take they're money back and it's bye bye Saggys.

The final question then, is how is a club currently making a multi million pound loss going to find the money to turn that loss into a profit and pay off an approximate 45 million pound loan ? Even with a potential increase of gate revenue from the new stadium novelty value there's nothing to suggest they'll start making that kind of money any time soon.

 

There owners haven’t put a penny in, they have mortgaged the mem to the hilt to cover the loses, that can no longer be drawn upon (debt exceeds the value) they have serious cash flow problems proven by not being able to pay a nominal fee for a ucd player,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

There owners haven’t put a penny in, they have mortgaged the mem to the hilt to cover the loses, that can no longer be drawn upon (debt exceeds the value) they have serious cash flow problems proven by not being able to pay a nominal fee for a ucd player,

and still they bury their heads in the sand and think this new stadium is a goer - I've still to decide whether it is delusion or the effects of the fumes off the stale Fanta that makes them like this.  Whichever it is, I do not think there is an odder fanbase in the whole of football.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

The New Camp

 

13 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

We have a winner. 

Not quite! I talked about the Nou Camp on here recently and was shot down a zillion times by the wise ones who insisted it’s the Camp Nou even though I explained why it’s known as the Nou Camp - so The Camp New - I’ll claim that! Cheers! 👍😄🍷

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From Sagchat....

According to this belter their new stadium will put AG to shame 😂😂

He then goes on to state how the blue few will struggle to get across town to the new stadium, so what’s their excuse for their current shit crowds?

It would be a fantastic site in terms of proximity to the centre, publicity and prestige, and would put Ashton Gate firmly in the shade.

In fact it's a great location for most people, apart from our core fanbase in North East Bristol, who will find getting to and from the fruit market a pain in the avocado.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but turns out that the 15ers "unique" blue and white quarters, aren't even unique in League One... :dunno:

0_Portrait_Details_Coventry_Home_Story_F

That is a retro kit. Hummel did lots of these late 80s based on the Denmark kit at Mexico 86. Saints and Coventry had Hummel back then

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

From Sagchat....

According to this belter their new stadium will put AG to shame 😂😂

He then goes on to state how the blue few will struggle to get across town to the new stadium, so what’s their excuse for their current shit crowds?

It would be a fantastic site in terms of proximity to the centre, publicity and prestige, and would put Ashton Gate firmly in the shade.

In fact it's a great location for most people, apart from our core fanbase in North East Bristol, who will find getting to and from the fruit market a pain in the avocado.

 

That'll be the 'core' fanbase that hasn't been seen for years, decades even and can't be bothered to turn up in any numbers for their home games...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but turns out that the 15ers "unique" blue and white quarters, aren't even unique in League One... :dunno:

0_Portrait_Details_Coventry_Home_Story_F

Don’t forget their real rivals in League One!

42A9EA60-9376-4DB2-83EB-63FB687283F4.jpeg

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The fruit market side wouldn’t seem to be the ideal location for a stadium - there’s not much in the immediate vicinity. My memory might be playing tricks on me, but I’m sure I remember rumours of City considering it as a new stadium site at one point and I thought the same then.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Loon plage said:

A fairly standard response and fair play to him. Gasheads now saying the council will compulsory purchase the site for new development to include high end apartments and a stadium....

Most of them are genuinely off their heads.

High end!

I doubt they could even afford a high chair!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

" Maybe , but since lansdown bought the sh** what 15 years ago or thereabouts with all his “ nobody will be talking about Bristol Rovers “ and “ we’ll be premier league “ all they’ve done is get relegated to league 1 and come back up.
They’ve been in more relegation battles trying to stay out of the likes of us , bury , Walsall etc than they have trying to get in with Man UTD Chelsea etc.
We’re punching above our weight by staying in league 1 for three consecutive seasons with the crap ground , facilities and aimless owners with little to spend where as lansdiwn has only relegations to league 1 and promotions back to the championship to show for all his billions wasted on that shower of franchise sh**e.
Pathetic really, considering the likes of Watford , Bournemouth , Brighton etc can do it but multi billionaire lansdown hasn’t got a ******* clue what he’s doing and has turned our rivals in to an even more unlikable club in the form of a soulless franchise that are still standing still.[mbr]The funniest thing for me is that they think we’re jealous of them.😀 "


The ****** speaks
 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

From Sagchat....

According to this belter their new stadium will put AG to shame 😂😂

He then goes on to state how the blue few will struggle to get across town to the new stadium, so what’s their excuse for their current shit crowds?

It would be a fantastic site in terms of proximity to the centre, publicity and prestige, and would put Ashton Gate firmly in the shade.

In fact it's a great location for most people, apart from our core fanbase in North East Bristol, who will find getting to and from the fruit market a pain in the avocado.

 

Close to the centre maybe but where is he getting the idea that the fruit market would give them publicity and prestige?  And he has a wonderful crystal ball if he has already seen that it will put AG in the shade.

All of this is great though, it is going to make it all so much funnier when their stadium dreams collapse (again).

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Close to the centre maybe but where is he getting the idea that the fruit market would give them publicity and prestige?  And he has a wonderful crystal ball if he has already seen that it will put AG in the shade.

All of this is great though, it is going to make it all so much funnier when their stadium dreams collapse (again).

 

Just had a browse at that thread on that forum.. I knew they were deluded but I can’t believe how many of them have actually been duped into thinking that this is a goer!!

Wael will sell the Mem in the near future recoup his family’s losses.. The Gas will ground share with some Sunday League team and in the meantime Wael will day because of the council doing a (fake) u-turn the new ground has fallen through he’ll disappear into the Jordanian Sunset over Stamford Bridge and never been seen again!

Lovely Man 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MC26 said:

There it is! Nothing to do with their owner being a complete fraud - of course it's a 'Ted' holding up their progress. 

 image.png.53328b8bbc2c813576063b94ed852934.png

 

 

That "one group" happens to be the major shareholder. If they decide to stay put, they all stay put -and they have given very valid reasons why they won't be moving unless it is a really stupid amount way over market price. They've also said that moving in two years is a fantasy, which just about sums up the whole issue.

The vast majority on that limited closed forum are ill informed, deluded, fantasists, just like Wally.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MC26 said:

There it is! Nothing to do with their owner being a complete fraud - of course it's a 'Ted' holding up their progress. 

 image.png.53328b8bbc2c813576063b94ed852934.png

 

The "bloke" from the fruit market who put out the post is in fact Gas and his family have close links too Rovers.

     

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going back to the Bristol Arena before  Mayor Gashead Rees decide to do a deal with the Malaysians to have the Arena in a glorified shed at Filton, there was. grant of £55 million was earmarked for Arena island the Mayor wanted to use it towards transport at Filton was was told it’s not allowed. The money is still there to be used  around the area Temple Meads Arena Island etc, I hope no shady deals are being made, so there could be so truth behind funding and helping the travellers settle around that area. Unless we make a bit of noise about favouritism and nip it in the bud.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, icamanicity said:

Going back to the Bristol Arena before  Mayor Gashead Rees decide to do a deal with the Malaysians to have the Arena in a glorified shed at Filton, there was. grant of £55 million was earmarked for Arena island the Mayor wanted to use it towards transport at Filton was was told it’s not allowed. The money is still there to be used  around the area Temple Meads Arena Island etc, I hope no shady deals are being made, so there could be so truth behind funding and helping the travellers settle around that area. Unless we make a bit of noise about favouritism and nip it in the bud.

I believe there is something untoward occurring and trust that someone with appropriate resources will thoroughly check to ensure that any concerns are satisfied.

Cue Bristol Sport stalkers get this to Mr Lansdown !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

I think its ideal for them. the feeder reeks on a hot day,the river even more. with one on either side, a nice hot sunny Saturday will provide a fitting aroma to their football

is the fish place down there still? that used to stink too

Add in the 6/7k Fewers who stink of piss, and then you get a very potent mix.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really can’t be arsed to go onto their inward looking and deluded forum, but some of the posts copied onto here are gobsmacking, should some of those people be loose in the community?  They really are the people fake news is aimed at and they lap it up, I am shaking my head here in disbelief at the levels of delusion and propaganda belief.

Still, I will look forward to this latest pipe dream to come tumbling down, the realisation start to dawn that they have been shafted, yet again and then wait for the next farce to start, as it surely will.  That said, whilst it is enjoyable watching this fantasy unfold, I wouldn’t miss the continual showering of comical gifts, should they finally succumb and go to the wall - I hope it happens in my lifetime.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...