Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

10 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

What happened to their Jordanian International Mustapha Bin Ali Dia?

All based on a mis-hearing.

They were actually going to sign Jordan.  A big presence up front and she makes herself available.

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

They were actually going to sign Jordan.  A big presence up front and she makes herself available for an out of date packet of crisps and some fake fanta.

Corrected that for you. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Not doubting what you've written Bert but if it's true that's most odd (and I've delivered a few major building projects in my time.)

For those who don't understand Bert's subtleties. In normal practice were the land on which the training facilities to stand be owned by Wael (not the club,) the club would enter into a pre-lease or service supply contract with the owner who, through their contractor, would have constructed the facility at their risk in accordance with Rovers requirements (Design & Build.) No funding for Cat A & B works is payable until the facility has practical completion and lease commenced, though CAT C & D may be paid prior to use (then such assets may be removed and used/sold elsewhere ) No freeholder in their right mind would allow somebody to construct on their land without guarantees of completion or reinstatement and the price of such indemnities render such proposals unaffordable to the end user. 

The club wouldn't have an issue in explaining why they needed to fund the 'lease or service cost' of Training and Development facilities as Cat A&B capital costs would be recouped by the owner over the length of the contract (unless the lessee has time restricted cash to flash and that needs some me explaining.) Nobody in their right mind would finance improvements in an asset over which they have no control.

One point I'd take issue with is the notion that monies currently expended are 'enhancing the value of the land'. One assumes Use Case Consent does not allow for construction other than that for the purpose stated and building consent approved (one assumes minor sporting premises.) In such case the quality of the grass matters little to a developer other than he'd have turf to sell prior to breaking it. Land value is intrinsically linked to Use Case Consent.

From the pictures I've seen whilst the pitches look great there's otherwise a shipping container (for the groundsman's equipment?) and a canvas marquee (in which the players are expected to change?) Not exactly tangible assets in my book....

It’s in the green belt and has permission for use as a sports training facility. It has a gym and will have changing rooms/offices within the next 6 months or so. Not exactly likely to cause a huge increase in value unless you know someone desperate to buy a football training ground.

13 hours ago, weeble said:

It’s in the green belt and has permission for use as a sports training facility. It has a gym and will have changing rooms/offices within the next 6 months or so. Not exactly likely to cause a huge increase in value unless you know someone desperate to buy a football training ground.

Thanks, that was my reasoning.

17 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

They were actually going to sign Jordan.  A big presence up front and she makes herself available.

A common misunderstanding.

Remember what happened to Harry Rednapp after his agent called him and said "do you fancy doing Jordan?" 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I have to be honest, I’ve never heard of any of these.

I remember a time when i and many other City fans could name all of the Sags team, how times have changed!

60D20D7D-DC0B-4365-96CD-C92179C4A7D7.jpeg

Barry Grant ex Brookside?

Elmer Fudd

Daniolla Westbrook  ex Eastenders 

Tom Daly diver

Mike Baldwin ex Corrie 

5 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I have to be honest, I’ve never heard of any of these.

I remember a time when i and many other City fans could name all of the Sags team, how times have changed!

60D20D7D-DC0B-4365-96CD-C92179C4A7D7.jpeg

Jack Nicholson? Owen Hargreaves? Matthew Upson? Dusty Hare? Alec Baldwin?

#starstudded

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

One belter on slagchat reckons they`d have beaten Burton if they`d had a full stadium roaring them on.

Full? Roaring? When`s that ever happened? 1958?

Let's look at Ben Garners record between January-March and see if that claim sounds valid...?! 

Just checked their stats and their 50% possession and 2 shots on target really make it sound like all they needed was a fictitious full house, roaring them on rather than booing and calling for Garners head. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, TomF said:

Still without a win in 2020 that’s not come about due to red card or penalty

True, but think that was their first point of the season without either a penalty or an opposition sending off.

They’re coming for us...

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

One belter on slagchat reckons they`d have beaten Burton if they`d had a full stadium roaring them on.

Full? Roaring? When`s that ever happened? 1958?

Something seriously wrong with their mentality if they need a 'roaring' crowd to see them home against the might of Burton Albion.

• Like 1