Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

36 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

As someone else said earlier, if someone went regularly onto a Gas forum claiming to be a City fan and constantly sneered and made digs at their own club (City), the board and Bristol Sport and not once showed ANY form of positivity about any promotion or any changes / improvements would you *really* believe (s)he was a City fan? Really!? 

I have no problem with people offering constructive criticism of the club but a "supporter" that still cannot see that some things have improved significantly since Mansfield?  We could have done a Stockport easily.  

A true supporter would be able to identify and acknowledge both the positives AND negatives and offer a balanced objective perspective.  Not Bert though.  Constant one way criticism. 

I said a while ago I first thought old Bert was a casualty of either the Boardroom or Supporters Club split a few years ago - but nothing has changed since regime change.

So either I'm right and (s)he's no Gashead or if (s)he is then I really do pity them for being so bitter and twisted and unable to see absolutely any positives.  Talk about glass half empty and, as I said before, what a miserable existence not to be able to ever get any enjoyment out of watching the team you say you support. 

But sometimes you can misinterpret the written word and my offer of a friendly pint or two, at my expense, still stands.  I'd genuinely be happy to have a decent conversation about what can be done to facilitate change and also positively support our club or if that's a bit heavy, just reminiscing about all of the good times :thumbsup:

If this doesn't work for you in your search for male companionship on OTIB, perhaps try Grindr. :noexp:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

As someone else said earlier, if someone went regularly onto a Gas forum claiming to be a City fan and constantly sneered and made digs at their own club (City), the board and Bristol Sport and not once showed ANY form of positivity about any promotion or any changes / improvements would you *really* believe (s)he was a City fan? Really!? 

I have no problem with people offering constructive criticism of the club but a "supporter" that still cannot see that some things have improved significantly since Mansfield?  We could have done a Stockport easily.  

A true supporter would be able to identify and acknowledge both the positives AND negatives and offer a balanced objective perspective.  Not Bert though.  Constant one way criticism. 

I said a while ago I first thought old Bert was a casualty of either the Boardroom or Supporters Club split a few years ago - but nothing has changed since regime change.

So either I'm right and (s)he's no Gashead or if (s)he is then I really do pity them for being so bitter and twisted and unable to see absolutely any positives.  Talk about glass half empty and, as I said before, what a miserable existence not to be able to ever get any enjoyment out of watching the team you say you support. 

But sometimes you can misinterpret the written word and my offer of a friendly pint or two, at my expense, still stands.  I'd genuinely be happy to have a decent conversation about what can be done to facilitate change and also positively support our club or if that's a bit heavy, just reminiscing about all of the good times :thumbsup:

At least Bert has never pretended to be a City fan on here...what about you Danny?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

How many will they get at Home to Reading in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday, or is that going to be a "boycott"

Yep that's exactly what is happening!

So if the Tent Boys make the final that boycott would continue?

Mind you, based on their last turnout at Wembley, it would be difficult to tell

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

At least Bert has never pretended to be a City fan on here...what about you Danny?

Nor have I as far as I'm aware - but I'm sure you've trawled through my historical posts so g'wan then - show me the evidence 

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If this doesn't work for you in your search for male companionship on OTIB, perhaps try Grindr. :noexp:

So the implication is I'm a homosexual? And if I am then what? It's 2016 after all ..  :fear:

51 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

You obviously have not been on your own forums..... or maybe they are not all true supporters on your forums.

3 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Nor have I as far as I'm aware - but I'm sure you've trawled through my historical posts so g'wan then - show me the evidence 

Ive picked you up on this before Danny, when you first started posting you tried to give the impression you were a City fan saying stuff like "why do OUR fans take the p1ss out of Rovers so much etc".

Fortunately for you I think all those posts were lost when the forum was remodelled last September. Maybe Tomarse can work some magic.

What kind of Gashead would pretend to support City?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ive picked you up on this before Danny, when you first started posting you tried to give the impression you were a City fan saying stuff like "why do OUR fans take the p1ss out of Rovers so much etc".

Fortunately for you I think all those posts were lost when the forum was remodelled last September. Maybe Tomarse can work some magic.

What kind of Gashead would pretend to support City?

I think you're mistaken but will happily offer an apology if proved otherwise.

More to the point why would a City fan pretend to be a Rovers fan on a City forum!? Hmmmm .. :shutup:

Edited by DancinDannyD

On 21 août 2016 at 16:37, Rich said:

So, James Dace has admitted pissing on the floor at Ashton Gate and, actually posted a picture of himself doing it. Only a thick as pigshit gashead could do such a thing and be so Prowed. 

Is that electric cables he's peeing on ? 

Not the smartest of moves.

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

Then stop quoting me, but you see it is a concern to me that so many lives are being lost to talking bullocks to another Football Club, who btw are no longer non league basement but are Bristol based, some of the hate fueled comments is very indicative of a mindset that is based on no other reasons other than a ridiculous 'tribal' near neighbour conflict that has long disappeared  in a society that has evolved.

Clearly some are still struggling with evolution, this is one reason we won't see top flight football at AG for longer than some would like, it is counter productive negative and very childish, just the sort of attitudes SL is trying to counter.

However I don't expect many to stop and think , merely to carry on regardless, because that is the nature of the beast, it's difficult to actually change behaviour, but it might be a start if the Mods took away their toys.. 

Expressing opinions on a forum, perish the thought!

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

I think you missing the point Danny. A few of us and maybe even Bert have said several times during this thread, that you have done well to rescue yourselves from a dire position. The pisstaking is aimed at the delusion that so many of your fellow fans, have about the status you have and the continued assertion of what your current finances will mean for your future.

The facts fall so far short of the reality it is almost like a form of mass hypnosis, and we and fans like Bert are bemused and amused by it in equal measure.

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

I think you're mistaken but will happily offer an apology if proved otherwise.

More to the point why would a City fan pretend to be a Rovers fan on a City forum!? Hmmmm .. :shutup:

My best friend is a gashead, like his father and grandfather before him, he was the best man at my wedding 44 years ago.

He is married and lives in some far flung place called Warmley.

He has 3 boys who are all gasheads, they were regulars at home and away but now all 4 of them are now 'lapsed' as attendees, the final straw/lie came with the sale of Lambert.

My friend told all of his sons "if you want an easy life at school and not feel depressed for most of your life, support BCFC and do so with my blessing".

My point is that Bert Tann and to a lesser degree Philgas seem to get that and use it as a defence mechanism and rightly defend the real achievements and question the spin at all junctures because guess what they've heard it all before (water tight case, billionaires etc, etc) and do so with a hint of the Jack Dee type pessimism, Philgas describes it as 'gas logic' and because of my 50 year friendship with my best mate I totally get it.

Let me give you an example, my mate and I attended the gas v Villa probably mid to late 70's (very apt on this day) and if memory serves the gas lost 2 or 3 nil, but what is indelibly engrained in my psyche is Lindsay Parsons the gas left back managed to score an own goal from the edge of his own 18 yard box with a header, without doubt the best own goal I have ever witnessed, whilst all of the gasheads in the North Stand enclosure were crying my mate and I indulged in the phenomenum known as the dying fly whilst laughing uncontrollably and from that moment onwards whatever game we ever attended at whatever level, we jointly awarded our Lindsay Parsons award even at games at AG and still award it when we talk to each other about matches that we have watched.

As Jonny from 2 pints of lager a packet of crisps once said 'let's celebrate our shitess'.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, NeilS said:

Then stop quoting me, but you see it is a concern to me that so many lives are being lost to talking bullocks to another Football Club, who btw are no longer non league basement but are Bristol based, some of the hate fueled comments is very indicative of a mindset that is based on no other reasons other than a ridiculous 'tribal' near neighbour conflict that has long disappeared  in a society that has evolved.

Clearly some are still struggling with evolution, this is one reason we won't see top flight football at AG for longer than some would like, it is counter productive negative and very childish, just the sort of attitudes SL is trying to counter.

However I don't expect many to stop and think , merely to carry on regardless, because that is the nature of the beast, it's difficult to actually change behaviour, but it might be a start if the Mods took away their toys.. 

One bizzare post this....

Because us troglodytes haven't evolved we wont see top flight football and our own attitudes are holding us back? So taking the mickey out of a rival club which btw happens with fans at every club is gonna deny us a better future. You could say you might as well as invite SL, JL, KD, MA & co. To come on here to and rip it out of the moronic Gas lags who infest this page spouting lies & garbage ffs.

I dont think the clubs future is dictated by us and our attitudes, its down to those men I've mentioned who at this point in time are doing an excellent job. 

Ifa clubs future was down to the mentality of the fans then the Gas lags would be playing in the County League...

Edited by Dark Wood Covert

8 hours ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Went out last night with daughter and her new boyfriend.Had a meal then discovered he's a gashead!Didn't realise I was sat with a subform of life till I paid the bill.

Deluded **** praised Rovers new owner and all the cash being spent on UWE..Then this idiot said local derbies in championship next year ffs

What a moron.

Didn't the smell give you a clue? 

31 minutes ago, adamski said:

Saw "the family club" support was on top form in Swindle today!    

http://m.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/14709155.Rain_soaked_derby_passes_peacefully_despite_pre_match_scuffles/

Super fans pissed off at half time as they were getting wet:

The Rovers fans, sat in the uncovered Stratton Bank End, had no escape from the weather and many began to head home at the halfway point.

12 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Super fans pissed off at half time as they were getting wet:

The Rovers fans, sat in the uncovered Stratton Bank End, had no escape from the weather and many began to head home at the halfway point.

They have always been a bit wet.

1 hour ago, adamski said:

Saw "the family club" support was on top form in Swindle today!    

http://m.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/14709155.Rain_soaked_derby_passes_peacefully_despite_pre_match_scuffles/

Why oh why did city fans travel to Swindon today? I know it was an early kick off but they wouldn't have got back in time for the Villa game 

• Like 1

What a great day, City beat one of the championships hardest clubs in a Ashton Gate capacity of over 20,000.

Meanwhile, our bottom feeding friends head off to Swindon, unable to sell out their allocation, start a few scuffles, get rained on all day then realise they went through all that trouble to then see the game abandoned.

:)

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

What a great day, City beat one of the championships hardest clubs in a Ashton Gate capacity of over 20,000.

Meanwhile, our bottom feeding friends head off to Swindon, unable to sell out their allocation, start a few scuffles, get rained on all day then realise they went through all that trouble to then see the game abandoned.

:)

Even better....im fairly certain that rules state, if something like 45 or 60 minutes of a game is completed...fans are not eligible for refunds

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Even better....im fairly certain that rules state, if something like 45 or 60 minutes of a game is completed...fans are not eligible for refunds

I think it might be 60 minutes. Swindon would have had a big police bill today, so a bit of a blow if they had to refund money.

On 26/08/2016 at 19:08, Iron Man said:

Is the "embarrassed to be a saghead who lied about the football club he supports" knobber back again?

Apart from the other questions City fans have asked you Weasel why have Gasheads boycotted home games for 100+ years? Any idea?

Ha ha ha look at all those empty seats.

An hour or so away and they can't even sell out.

Tinpot shite club.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2016 at 16:52, DancinDannyD said:

Debate is healthy.  Tell you what, meet you in the bar at the Mem before any of our upcoming league games? 100% genuine offer, not picking a fight, quite the contrary, shake each other's hand and I'll buy you a Thatchers and we can debate how best to both air our concerns and constructively support our team.

As I say, 100% no bullshit, genuine offer.  Next 3 home games Rochdale, Port Vale, Fleetwood.  Drinks on me.  Deal? 

I'm too old Danny why don't you try match.com ?

• Like 17

I think if it's called off before half time it's a full refund, then before the 60th minute it's a half price ticket for the rearranged game and after the 60th minute zilch . That is probably the reason why the ref waited until the.60th minute.

On 24/8/2016 at 22:38, Smaller than a flea said:

The first three questions are very good and need answers.

The last is disrespectful. Call him Dopey if you want to be a forum favourite, but we all know he's done a great job at Rovers in the last two years.  Leeds wanted him.  He was sensible enough not to want them.  His tactical changes at Chelski almost rescued the game against the big boys to the point where they had to bring on Hazard and Terry to keep it safe.  And even then they were worried.

DC is a great young manager with a great future, perhaps not with Rovers.  This "Dopey" crap is just that. We might be ragbag Rovers, but we do not have a ragbag manager.  He's the best thing to have happened to us for 20 years.

Ah. The exact same as this was said about Trollope until you all turned on him. 

Oh and that wasn't 20 years ago. Very unlike you lot to exaggerate things.

Whilst I'm here I'd just like to say all this attendance stuff is boring now. You will nnever be able to compete with us on that front so let's let the football do the talking. You were beat by scunny in what was a huge game for you, we totally outplayed them and beat them.

With our reserves.

Mind the gap.

• Like 1

On 26 August 2016 at 23:18, NeilS said:

Your the clown, and the rest of you that trade petty insults two and 'fro, it is embarrassing and now very boring, grow the **** up and get some collective lives...why was this thread not binned Mods? I thought OTIB is for City fans not these pillocks. 

Nob off

On 26 August 2016 at 22:23, Northern Cider Ed said:

How many will they get at Home to Reading in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday, or is that going to be a "boycott"

Didn't they draw Yeovil? They can't possibly boycott a massive local derby, although looking at the crowd, their boycotting seemed to begin at their other derby against Cardiff...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

I would boycott the EFL trophy as well if we were in it. It's become a joke with the under 21s now in it. Can't knock them for this unfortunately. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

I would boycott the EFL trophy as well if we were in it. It's become a joke with the under 21s now in it. Can't knock them for this unfortunately. 

What do you think they would say if we decided to boycott a home game? Best fans in the world thick and thin blah blah blah.

31 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

What do you think they would say if we decided to boycott a home game? Best fans in the world thick and thin blah blah blah.

Don't care. I respect the principle of any team boycotting this cup. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, bert tann said:

I'm too old Danny why don't you try match.com ?

Very funny but there's already been a Grindr gag Bert ;)

Ok so where do you stand / sit? I'll pop over and say hello.  Seriously.  Just a quick hello, don't worry I don't want to date or have sex or owt.  

100% genuine.  

11 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Very funny but there's already been a Grindr gag Bert ;)

Ok so where do you stand / sit? I'll pop over and say hello.  Seriously.  Just a quick hello, don't worry I don't want to date or have sex or owt.  

100% genuine.  

Trying to out people on Social Media is creepy.... your coming across somewhere between needy and possible physcho atm.

• Like 4

Seems some City fans would prefer Swindon away than Villa at home according to their forum, as they couldn't work out how to queue for a sausage roll properly

We never go to Swindon now as it seems to bring out the morons for some reason. Last time we went several years ago, two so called Gas were fighting each other in the food queue. Why Swindon? I don't know maybe local derby and near. I never see this at home games, like some one else said this isn't the Gas family I know and I am proud of. More like the sheeds perhaps they are?

One of them also feels there should be no open ends at their level of football.  Have they put a bit of tarpaulin over the away end at their hovel now then?

No fans should be stood/sat in "open ends" at this level of football!

I remember getting an absolute soaking (Phillips pen save?) but didn't feel the need to leave at half time and go to a launderette to dry off

16 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Seems some City fans would prefer Swindon away than Villa at home according to their forum, as they couldn't work out how to queue for a sausage roll properly

We never go to Swindon now as it seems to bring out the morons for some reason. Last time we went several years ago, two so called Gas were fighting each other in the food queue. Why Swindon? I don't know maybe local derby and near. I never see this at home games, like some one else said this isn't the Gas family I know and I am proud of. More like the sheeds perhaps they are?

One of them also feels there should be no open ends at their level of football.  Have they put a bit of tarpaulin over the away end at their hovel now then?

I remember getting an absolute soaking (Phillips pen save?) but didn't feel the need to leave at half time and go to a launderette to dry off

Ha, ha. Their very own away section has a sunshine roof if I'm not mistaken.

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

Trying to out people on Social Media is creepy.... your coming across somewhere between needy and possible physcho atm.

Really?  For just wanting to say hello to a fellow fan at the game? I did offer a friendly pint which Bert has turned down and I have accepted that.

It's enough to make a lesser person think that Bert isn't really a Rovers fan .. but not me.  I'll let it rest now and leave loyal Rovers supporter Bert in peace to enjoy his games at the Mem :gasmask:

41 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Really?  For just wanting to say hello to a fellow fan at the game? I did offer a friendly pint which Bert has turned down and I have accepted that.

It's enough to make a lesser person think that Bert isn't really a Rovers fan .. but not me.  I'll let it rest now and leave loyal Rovers supporter Bert in peace to enjoy his games at the Mem :gasmask:

I think it's enough to worry about rohipnol in this friendly pint, and then making him walk your gang plank, whilst you keel hole him, whilst your timbers are shivering, you old pirate.

3 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Maybe they thought the empty red seats were City shirts 

Edited by alexukhc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Rovers fan on the facebook page 'Football away days'...just claimed they sold out every away game last season...

Absolute comedy gold :clapping:

I was just going through a few forums, I found this little beauty on a Newcastle forum:yes:

Most teams in the early 80's in the second division had poor away support, in fact they had poor home support. Can remember us playing Bristol Rovers and I don't think there was 10 away fans. Can well remember going to see us play at Gay Meadow Shrewsbury and the official attandance was about 4,900 of which around 800 were from the mags.

Edited by Portland Bill
  • Like 1

It's a shame they are playing MK away on a Tuesday night, otherwise we could put an end to this nonsense about away support once and for all.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's a shame they are playing MK away on a Tuesday night, otherwise we could put an end to this nonsense about away support once and for all.

5k to Coventry too wasn't it?

1 minute ago, Griffin said:

5k to Coventry too wasn't it?

Yes that would be a good one, wasn't it only Wolves who exceeded our figure at MK though?

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Couldnt see us taking more than 500 if we were same position as them.

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Couldnt see us taking more than 500 if we were same position as them.

Really? The way they talk they sell out every away game no matter their league position.