Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I know, I have done it a few times myself and it's a heartbreaking journey even from here, I imagine it's what it must have been like getting to Cardiff or Swansea before the bridges were built.

When we went up from League 1 if Swindon had come up with us and Plymouth had got promoted from League 2 - all of which was very much on with a few games left - Plymouth`s nearest game would have been Walsall. about 200 miles.

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

how many there?

Let’s leave that alone and let them off a dire attendance in this competition. 

Just laugh at the score line..!! 

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I know, I have done it a few times myself and it's a heartbreaking journey even from here, I imagine it's what it must have been like getting to Cardiff or Swansea before the bridges were built.

It was bloody annoying when I had to work in Swansea - If I drove ten miles up the road from where Ilived I could see the ******* place across the water but it took me five hours to drive there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Beaten by Swindle Div 4, Beaten by Notts County Div 4, Beaten by WHU youth team.  Have things on the pitch ever been so bad. Waels of dissent on Slagchat.

Does that mean they won`t be taking 80,000 to Wembly this year?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Att: 1657

Dunno what the split actually was but I was driving home from work around 7.15 tonight and the bloke on the radio said there were as many Swindle as Sags in the ground. WOW...!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BS3City said:

Dunno what the split actually was but I was driving home from work around 7.15 tonight and the bloke on the radio said there were as many Swindle as Sags in the ground. WOW...!

and yet officially it was 197:dunno:

• Like 1

Love this snippet from the sags forum this evening, even they recognise now that their ground is crap and the club are a total shambles. Reading through the posts it appears a certain realisation has now hit home that a car crash is approaching!!

C38E6027-0EB7-4BAA-9901-14BE6011B9C1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Darryls Season strategy

Concentrate on FA Cup

Concentrate on Caraboao Cup

if  fall,out of FA Cup,and Carabao Cup - ensure progress in Checkatrade Trophy

Ensure detail input into new stadium

Ensure detailed input into new training ground

ahhhhhhh well

Mind The Gap

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

That was easy, the Aust Ferry.......

EDC70C9E-88B4-4DF2-8AED-A32E71661837.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Like there sense of humour.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11044/gas-syndrone

Haha they can't even spell syndrome, but the thread is really funny.  A couple of hilarious videos and a lovely picture of Waels grotto if I remember correctly.

Particularly liked the stadium construction vid.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Dopey is actuallly the only thing they have going for them but his patience is wearing so thin that he will soon get offered a better job by someone and will be off.

I wonder if he has much ambition - he seems to have stayed at Rovers under some sort of misplaced loyalty, and his star is not so bright or ascending now. Just feel a more ambitious manager would have jumped at some of the alleged offers he had

• Like 2

These are becoming classics in their own right "We're so inconsistent, at times" ....so sometimes they are consistent and at least they are not consistently inconsistent

• Like 2

DC appears to have stuffed himself by being loyal (I actually feel sorry for him, I think he bought the owners BS) and the natives are getting restless.

Shame

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I wonder if he has much ambition - he seems to have stayed at Rovers under some sort of misplaced loyalty, and his star is not so bright or ascending now. Just feel a more ambitious manager would have jumped at some of the alleged offers he had

Alleged

45 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Love this snippet from the sags forum this evening, even they recognise now that their ground is crap and the club are a total shambles. Reading through the posts it appears a certain realisation has now hit home that a car crash is approaching!!

C38E6027-0EB7-4BAA-9901-14BE6011B9C1.png

Has anyone else noticed their forum uses basic childish font?! :facepalm:

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

DC appears to have stuffed himself by being loyal (I actually feel sorry for him, a bit) and the natives are getting restless.

Shame

I actually believe he has some potential.  Very few managers would have kept this lot as high as 13th this season with the donkeys he has at his disposal and a dire board and owner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Workington is far classier than Barrow

It's called "Not Workington" now.

My gran was from Barrow. She was a classy lassie.

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

I actually believe he has some potential.  Very few managers would have kept this lot as high as 13th this season with the donkeys he has at his disposal and a dire board and owner.

I think he did miraculously to get them out of the Conference at first time of asking, let alone the second promotion, he appears to have been hamstrung at this level by the owners though.

He has been loyal and successful given what he had, I for one wish him well when he finally gets out of there, he deserves it for putting up with that shower.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

4000+ tonight for Chester vs Wrexham

#justsaying

Don’t take the piss about attendances in a cup that I would hope we’d boycott

#hashtagsarefor*****justsaying 

.com

simples

etc...

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

These are becoming classics in their own right "We're so inconsistent, at times" ....so sometimes they are consistent and at least they are not consistently inconsistent

I COULD almost feel sorry for Dopey...........IF it wasn't for the "happy days" quote which just goes to show what a nasty**** he really is !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Still can't find out what their attendance was at £5 per head tonight.  Are they to embarrassed to publish it.

Yep, it was too high.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

1,657, including 197 from Swindon apparently.

Bloody hell, andfor a local derby as well.  Thats just plain embarassing.  With freebees and concessions, must have netted about 5 grand.  I say netted because expenses were greater than that so another loss making game.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

That’s the point! People hate the competition and are letting people know it.

They should be applauded for that (not the result, that was hilarious) but can’t people get it into their heads that the low crowds are intentional?

It really isn’t difficult to understand.

Agree. Anybody attending the matches is letting all EFL fans down by helping support this farce of a competition.

Ideally their crowds would be much, much lower.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Agree. Anybody attending the matches is letting all EFL fans down by helping support this farce of a competition.

Ideally their crowds would be much, much lower.

Ideally the crowd would be zero.  One day we’ll end up back in that competition and the same people taking the piss will ask why those teams, and their supporters, didn’t have the guts to do something about it now.  I do wonder if some people enjoy taking the piss out of the Gas more than they enjoy football.

• Like 4