Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

14 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

They will end up with a couple of loans. Bodin will leave. Clarke will still be bumming the supporters. Then they will get relegated. Tick tock 

Substitute relegate for go into liquidation.

Now that sounds a whole lot better!

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SimonR said:

I could not sit through it, I got to about two minutes and had to switch off and go wash my hands. That was a very uncomfortable man, maybe there was a Labrador off camera...

You really should watch it all. 

6 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Substitute relegate for go into liquidation.

Now that sounds a whole lot better!

Oh come on! Let them get relegated first..! 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No fan of that Jordanian bullshitter but Clarke must think gas fans are even more stupid than we do.

He said he had only spent "£135k in total since 2014" but Nichols from Peterborough (who they signed to replace Taylor this summer) was rumoured to have cost £250k alone and I doubt the Oxford player Sercombe was much less than £150k.

Of course when you have lost 9 of your last 10 you will say any old bollocks in excuses, eh?

I think you will find he was using net spend, which kind of makes sense considering they sold their star player to us for £10M or there abouts.

oh wait...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

To me, that came across as a right 'pop' at WAQ TBH. It seemed to be a 'I can't make a silk purse out of a cows ear' to me. I would imagine WAQ won't like it at all.

The thing that grinds my gears is the 'how successful they've been for 3 years' crap! No, if you hadn't been utter shite beforehand, you wouldn't have dropped out of the league and all you've done is bring a lower league 1 / league 2 club back to their supposed proper position. Hardly successful, more righting the abject crap that went on beforehand.

They blatantly have problems, big problems and it all comes down to financial backing, or in their case the total lack of it.

'See you in Waitrose? More likely sat outside rattling a tin.

Hey ho, up the City! :)

No automatic alt text available.

Wow, we have another 'celebrity' fan

IMG_1162.JPG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, a psychologist would have a field day with his twitching and face rubbing..........that sort of thing shows something to hide or outright lying !

He seems drunk, really think he’s on his last legs

but saying that I’m in a job I don’t enjoy anymore, as he said he’s still there cuz of the supporters, I’m still at work cuz of my customers, till I find something better to come along I’m still in a job I despise, I don’t feel bad for him just cuz it’s Dopey

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

He seems drunk, really think he’s on his last legs

but saying that I’m in a job I don’t enjoy anymore, as he said he’s still there cuz of the supporters, I’m still at work cuz of my customers, till I find something better to come along I’m still in a job I despise, I don’t feel bad for him just cuz it’s Dopey

Yep as others have said it really is like "I'm fed up, I hate everyone above me and I'm saying whatever I like because you lot can't actually afford the money to fire me!"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Yep as others have said it really is like "I'm fed up, I hate everyone above me and I'm saying whatever I like because you lot can't actually afford the money to fire me!"

Plus, they can't sack him for speaking out as the fans love him. He's playing them as much as the board are playing the fans. All good stuff!

UP THE CITY!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Also they can’t get better, he’s done a pretty good job, but afraid has taken them as far as they and he can go

god, other than stroking off dogs, I feel the pain, dammit he really is trying to make me feel sorry for him

• Haha 1

After watching that cringeworthy interview ITV announce a new spin off to be hosted by the Chuckle brothers.

'I've been ****** over by a fake Sheik bullshitter get me out of here'.

Of course it will be have to be a very cut price version and will not be in the Australian rain forest, but at the gas's own leper colony at Almondsbury.

• Haha 5

Next up in the Stadium of sh!te;

Home to Rotherham (the game they moved to avoid clashing with our!) Guess what, we are at home too, Doh!

In the Rotherham squad (but probably on the bench, and so receiving even more abuse) ex City keeper Richard O'Donnell, or ROD as he was known in these parts.

This is their game in hand so they can't drop into the bottom 4, at least for another week! 

C'mon you Millers :chant6ez:

ROD.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Home to Rotherham (the game they moved to avoid clashing with our!) Guess what, we are at home too, Doh!

It was moved as both teams are out of the FA cup and had a blank fixture this weekend

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

It was moved as both teams are out of the FA cup and had a blank fixture this weekend

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. First lesson in Bristol Post school of journalism! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sounds a broken man to me and did you see the dark rings under his eyes?

Dark rings under his eyes, unshaven. Looks like he was up most of the night, snorting cocaine off of a labrador’s Lipstick..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Dark rings under his eyes, unshaven. Looks like he was up most of the night, snorting cocaine off of a labrador’s Lipstick..! 

If they were rings, wouldn't they have to go all round his eyes? Has he turned into a panda?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I bet the gas fans are enjoying their December calendar

24273697_1538953006190372_1244192110852600342_o.jpg

The gift!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

You should always give generously at Christmas time. Good to see the Gasheads keeping with tradition. Two Teds on the same page....Oh the irony!!! The gift keeps on giving again and again. It's a never ending rollercoaster ride at the moment and I bet the rollercoaster is "Oblivion"?! :rofl2br:

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sometimes, being able to react with only one laughing emoji just isn’t enough..!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

So when the latest tramp or has been parades himself in front of the white plastic chairs in that quirky blue and white bin liner just remember that he is Dopey's third choice scraping of the barrel. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sounds a broken man to me and did you see the dark rings under his eyes?

Looks like he's sharing the same [doorway] lodgings as the tramp

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

Picture the scene this morning as excited younger Gappers opened their advents calendars and then turned over their BRFC calendar singing festive songs to themselves..

"On the first day of Christmas my blue love sent to me .. 2 dirty 'Teds..."

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Can’t say I’ve ever had a calendar with dates 01, 02, 03 etc. Looks like it was done by a school kid using an Excel spreadsheet to sort in order! :blink:

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I got the sack from a calendar factory once.

All I did was take a day off.

I knew your days were numbered....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feel sorry for the guy; sounds like he has been let down badly. If he goes anytime soon they will get relegated in short fashion. 

The whole club feels like a shakespearean tragedy unravelling before us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Feel sorry for the guy; sounds like he has been let down badly. If he goes anytime soon they will get relegated in short fashion. 

Aside from all the dog botherer stuff, he's done some good work to get them to where they are atm.

I'd like to see him at another, better club with a proper ground and facilities, and a fanbase with 10 fingers each.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, glynriley said:

I've said this before. Always cuts off the bloke, normally by saying "Yeah, No"..!!

WTF is that about?

6 hours ago, glynriley said:

I've said this before. Always cuts off the bloke, normally by saying "Yeah, No"..!!

WTF is that about?

the classic scenario of pre-planned questioning

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think he’s more likely to take them down, than someone else who might rejuvenate them. 

Having a disgruntled, frustrated manager, with no money to spend, with infighting & bitching well underway. 

It’s beautiful to watch! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Aside from all the dog botherer stuff, he's done some good work to get them to where they are atm.

I'd like to see him at another, better club with a proper ground and facilities, and a fanbase with 10 fingers each.

Do Argyle have any money? He would do well there if they did. 

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think he’s more likely to take them down, than someone else who might rejuvenate them. 

Having a disgruntled, frustrated manager, with no money to spend, with infighting & bitching well underway. 

It’s beautiful to watch! 

The first part of your second sentence/paragraph looks about right but are we party to knowing about the second part or are you just guessing?

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

The first part of your second sentence/paragraph looks about right but are we party to knowing about the second part or are you just guessing?

Just surmising, based on his interview. He’s not even being discreet about it. 

For me it’s a clear case of sucking up to the fans to keep them on his side, whilst challenging Wally to sack him, which he can’t afford to do! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true

I never believed in fantasy, but if that shower of shit go under, I will be a convert!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Watch out Ellis, that camp pirate is about to slice off yer takle 

26 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

That's a good shout actually.

36 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

They`re not minted but they do seem to have more of a budget than the sags. Mind you, who doesn`t?

If he went there and kept them up he would be hero to the janners and wouldn`t be in a bad place to kick them on next season - as always with Argyle, if they`re doing well, the crowds will come.

I bet he wishes he`d left at the end of last season but on the other side of the coin he should have been able to see what all of us could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

To be fair. Gasheads do have ten fingers each.

It's just a shame they are on both hands.

19 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

What makes this forum so fantastic is that people had predicted this exact situation with WAQ and the dog botherer. They worked out wael was a fraud, and that the UWE wasn't going to happen. I love watching their slow, helpless plight.

Brief and powerless is Man's life; on him and all his race the slow, sure doom falls pitiless and dark.

Even a majority of gasheads, on the forums anyway, have woken up to the reality and that it wasn't just gurt teds winding them up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Every answer starting with a "woah, yeah" or "yeah, woah no"

What is that when he nearly answers every question with a "yeah, no". WTF is that all about.

Keith Millen does the same thing. That's annoying but what's more annoying with Keith is that he calls us Bristol, even when pulled up about it.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

This is simply fantastic. You could not of scripted the comedy gold any better.

The gift continues unabated.

A £10m striker for less than a Tilson adorning all the saggies walls throughout the season of good will, superb.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I got the sack from a calendar factory once.

All I did was take a day off.

At a job interview last week I was asked "Well, Jacko.......where do you see yourself in three years time?".

All I could tell them was "Dunno, Mate...... I don't have 2020 vision......".

I love you all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

There’s an article in the local paper in Cornwall today with the chairman of Argyle talking about their ground improvements.  They are looking to replace the old grandstand and it’s going to planning soon.  His comments on ground capacity were quite revealing & refreshing compared to our friends north of the river.  He said that there was absolutely no point in looking to improve on the 18k they would have unless they were in the Premier League, which is not something they consider even possible at the current time or are even looking towards in the immediate future.  

He then went on to say that if they ever did get to the Premier League, which is very unlikely,  they MAY look to increase to 21k if necessary, but it would need a sustained period in the Premier League for them to ever consider more than that.  

He seems far more down to earth & realistic than the Gas.  I think Dodgy Darrel could do worse than end up there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

There’s an article in the local paper in Cornwall today with the chairman of Argyle talking about their ground improvements.  They are looking to replace the old grandstand and it’s going to planning soon.  His comments on ground capacity were quite revealing & refreshing compared to our friends north of the river.  He said that there was absolutely no point in looking to improve on the 18k they would have unless they were in the Premier League, which is not something they consider even possible at the current time or are even looking towards in the immediate future.  

He then went on to say that if they ever did get to the Premier League, which is very unlikely,  they MAY look to increase to 21k if necessary, but it would need a sustained period in the Premier League for them to ever consider more than that.  

He seems far more down to earth & realistic than the Gas.  I think Dodgy Darrel could do worse than end up there.

A very cautious man is James Brent. He didn`t make his money by taking stupid risks. I did wonder if he was in it for the long run at first as he seemed to have been browbeaten a bit into saving them when no-one else would and he`s not really a football fan but fair play to him, he`s delivering what he said he would. It`s just a pity the team are letting him down at the moment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freezer said:

This is simply fantastic. You could not of scripted the comedy gold any better.

The gift continues unabated.

A £10m striker for less than a Tilson adorning all the saggies walls throughout the season of good will, superb.

The Snake & a Ted !:clap: