Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

I don't read through their forum very often at all but after spending half my lunch hour having a sneaky look, it is so entertaining.

Most of them know what a shambles they are, lots of "tinpot" mentions and sack the board BUT there are still those happy clappers criticising those that want action.  They're the true problem with Rovers, they believe all the lies and bury their heads hoping it's all a bad dream!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SX227 said:

Henbury Gas bullshitting again - this time his fellow Gasheads seem to have had enough of his BS.....

 

Free the Henbury Gas one Avatar
gas1970 Avatar
Or maybe he's just a young player who lost a bit of form...?

Just saying.
 
Had plenty of form with the ladies i believe
 


Got a problem with that?

 

 

Free the Henbury Gas one Avatar
Had plenty of form with the ladies i believe
 
Got a problem with that?
 

None at all, he just has to be more careful in the future

 

 

pirate Avatar
Free the Henbury Gas one Avatar
None at all, he just has to be more careful in the future
 
Careful with the ladies? Was he on holiday in Thailand then or do you work for Durex? Not sure what you mean.
 

;) 

 

And what do you mean by that? Suggest you keep your nose out of peoples private life’s and your gob shut for once

What the fck is this lark? Explain yourself? 

Who are you to comment on something that you have absolutely no involvement in? Scrap that, we know exactly who you are. 

Trap best left firmly shut, not coming on here giving out life advice with all that ITK bollo.cks. 

 

Lets not go spreading more rumours eh, for your own sake.

Pretty sure Sweens is coupled up and possibly engaged(?) with a Rovers fan and is going to be a father.

 

 

kingswoodgas18831 Avatar
Free the Henbury Gas one Avatar
None at all, he just has to be more careful in the future
 

And what do you mean by that? Suggest you keep your nose out of peoples private life’s and your gob shut for once
 


stirring his gert pot of sh**e again

 

Perhaps give said user a warning for posting copious amounts of sh**e about people’s private life’s

Henbury , for Christ sakes man , do you ever learn ? You caused yourself enough grief over the past few months , stop trying to cause drama with things that just don’t concern you , it’s becoming tedious mate and bloody embarrassing for you and the forum.

 

 

Guess even the Gasheads have sussed HenburyGas is a complete lying belter........

 

 

 

err no. The ex Mrs was Gas ..(it was very tough keeping a straight face on the day they went out of the league), but I'm definitely not coupled up at the moment, and because I don't want any more mini me's, I've had the snip 🙂 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The really hilarious bit is the happy clappers saying "give them time!" - if you were losing £2m a year surely you'd rush through plans to rebuild the stadium so you could actually start to bring in extra income?!

Without the stadium rebuild, they're just sinking further and further in to debt which makes them even more unlikely to be able to get the financing for the stadium and training ground.

Apart from DS putting BRFC into administration (thus keeping the Colony land and having milked them for the London office for a few years + the loan interest) I just don't see the owner's game plan.

Another question - how on earth do Rovers always lose so much money given they're mostly a selling club and supposedly have high gates and ticket prices for the league?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Red34 said:

The really hilarious bit is the happy clappers saying "give them time!" - if you were losing £2m a year surely you'd rush through plans to rebuild the stadium so you could actually start to bring in extra income?!

Without the stadium rebuild, they're just sinking further and further in to debt which makes them even more unlikely to be able to get the financing for the stadium and training ground.

Apart from DS putting BRFC into administration (thus keeping the Colony land and having milked them for the London office for a few years + the loan interest) I just don't see the owner's game plan.

Another question - how on earth do Rovers always lose so much money given they're mostly a selling club and supposedly have high gates and ticket prices for the league?

It is bizarre. Especially as they obtained (stole) their ground for next to nothing. 

Rank bad management from top to bottom. 

The amusing thing is that since they became “6th richest club in the country” (unlucky us, wasn’t it..?!) they have never appeared to be as bargain basement as they are now..! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are all having a meltdown over there because they can now finally purchase away tickets online meaning they don't have to go to the club shop. Obviously they can't handle moving into the 21st century 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Unan said:

18BEF9DD-8A7B-4AE9-9564-427884DE7A94.jpeg

Da famous quarterzzzzzzzzz strike again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2015 appoint a "Head of Recruitment"*, then can't afford to recruit any players. Priceless ! :facepalm:

 

(* This "Head of Recruitment" was previously with Coventry, apparently.

Who have they lost out to, for this Bakayoko bloke ?

Yep, you guessed it, Coventry !)

 

2015, the gift that keeps on, keeping on, giving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Unan said:

18BEF9DD-8A7B-4AE9-9564-427884DE7A94.jpeg

that will be the reason he doesn't sign if he got racist abuse from the most bestest loyalist fans in the world 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:
On 05/08/2018 at 08:43, BTRFTG said:

 

Wasn’t that John Ward? Shortly before Benny took over?

Could be my age but I recall two very similar incidents both arising after heavy losses at Ipswich. Both involved pretty decent human beings with, as you say, Ward being the other. In Glumsden's case I think we lost fairly early in the Season (hence my thoughts about DC post day 1) where he effectively offered his resignation but was cajoled to stay in position for a number of months despite a string of poor performances. I'll never forget one game at the end of his reign when he sat on his own on the far side of the pitch at Forest as we took a battering in the cup, looking like he hadn't a friend in the world and with the weight of his tragic, personal circumstance bearing on his shoulders.

Ward did a similar thing half a dozen years later post the 'Clarence Winerack' debacle but in his case and having learned the lesson of Jimmy L he departed almost immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Could be my age but I recall two very similar incidents both arising after heavy losses at Ipswich. Both involved pretty decent human beings with, as you say, Ward being the other. In Glumsden's case I think we lost fairly early in the Season (hence my thoughts about DC post day 1) where he effectively offered his resignation but was cajoled to stay in position for a number of months despite a string of poor performances. I'll never forget one game at the end of his reign when he sat on his own on the far side of the pitch at Forest as we took a battering in the cup, looking like he hadn't a friend in the world and with the weight of his tragic, personal circumstance bearing on his shoulders.

Ward did a similar thing half a dozen years later post the 'Clarence Winerack' debacle but in his case and having learned the lesson of Jimmy L he departed almost immediately.

Lumsden was sacked after a 2-1 away defeat at Charlton which was played at Upton Park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile sky have announced a comedy version of life on mars called life on gas

it will premier immediately and follow a similar format, james murdoch stated the main reason was overheads, why go through the trouble of getting in a prop master when we can just film at the mem, the benefits are endless 

ground

fans behaviour

Management 

signing budget

all from the 1970s

former local rivals Bristol city have been asked if they can assist in providing retro shirts for re runs of derby games and have asked the older fan base if their grandfathers have any old shirts worn at derby games in the loft

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Oh dear, that awkward moment when one of your over excited fans updates Wiki to show the player now playing for you but it all falls through. 

Good job I got a screen shot before some one changed it back. 🤣

 

sags.thumb.png.762f193673320adb40a3cb081e613763.png

And now someone has changed it to Coventry City. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Bakayoko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

2015 appoint a "Head of Recruitment"*, then can't afford to recruit any players. Priceless ! :facepalm:

 

(* This "Head of Recruitment" was previously with Coventry, apparently.

Who have they lost out to, for this Bakayoko bloke ?

Yep, you guessed it, Coventry !)

  

2015, the gift that keeps on, keeping on, giving. 

The head of recruitment who's first recommendation was his own son..!?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

From their website. The gift that keeps on giving

Screenshot_2018-08-06-15-25-21.jpg

Is that for real...?! 

Forget who’s modelling it. They have club merchandise of a Rovers jesters outfit...?! 

I’m assuming you are having a photoshop joke with this...?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is that for real...?! 

Forget who’s modelling it. They have club merchandise of a Rovers jesters outfit...?! 

I’m assuming you are having a photoshop joke with this...?! 

100% real. Brilliant on so many levels. 

Still up after player leaving 10 days ago.

A bloody jesters outfit. Shows the type of market they are selling to. 

And to title it up 'new gifts' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, City Mike said:

No it isn’t photoshopped, I saw that last December on the sags official site. 

Only a festive thing? They give us gifts on a near daily basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

100% real. Brilliant on so many levels. 

Still up after player leaving 10 days ago.

A bloody jesters outfit. Shows the type of market they are selling to. 

And to title it up 'new gifts' 

I can’t find it on their website, but the image you’ve got there is good enough for yet more piss taking..! 😂🤣😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not ashamed to say that I’m currently 16 pages through the 22 pages they’ve got on Bakayoko*  

I’ve got a feeling we’re fast approaching the part of the play where Coventry enter the fray. And boy am I looking forward to it. 

*fun fact. I once met Bakayoko.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m not ashamed to say that I’m currently 16 pages through the 22 pages they’ve got on Bakayoko*  

I’ve got a feeling we’re fast approaching the part of the play where Coventry enter the fray. And boy am I looking forward to it. 

*fun fact. I once met Bakayoko.

 

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Lumsden was sacked after a 2-1 away defeat at Charlton which was played at Upton Park

Yeah I was there and despite our woeful performances it was sad to see him go in the way he did and many of us had great sympathy for him. I think he may have hung around a bit for Smith to be ready to take over, clearly as demonstrated at Forest his heart hadn't been in it for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes me smile when even the gas fans are telling Rolex boy to put the club up for sale, who the F would be interested in buying that shower, Plymouth, Pompey, Oxford, Bradford, Luton, Coventry, Notts County, Port Vale just off the top of my head would be far better buys of teams in leagues 1 and 2 even Swindon !!! all those teams have got half decent grounds that wouldn't need at least 20 million spent on getting the ground up to scratch. Unless they have a SL type lurking in the background i can't see anyone being interested in buying them, they are in real trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Rumours going around that their new pop up stand isn’t going to arrive on time 😂

Funnier than that, there's rumours on ass chat that they haven't even been started yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old Wally making an appearance on the radio Saturday according to the Sgas. Could be an interesting listen with him answering every question with actual answers and timeframes etc... If he comes out with the line "these things take time", it will be comedy gold. If nothing is actually stated by him, I can see there being some pretty nasty abuse being directed at the board on Saturday - although they may still break the bank on some strikers this week yet.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Funnier than that, there's rumours on ass chat that they haven't even been started yet.

Funnier still, some 15ers have bought season tickets for these "stands" that don't exist !!

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Funnier still, some 15ers have bought season tickets for these "stands" that don't exist !!

Well there's a philosophiocal puzzler:

Is a season ticket for a stand that doesn't exist a season ticket?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Old Wally making an appearance on the radio Saturday according to the Sgas. Could be an interesting listen with him answering every question with actual answers and timeframes etc... If he comes out with the line "these things take time", it will be comedy gold. If nothing is actually stated by him, I can see there being some pretty nasty abuse being directed at the board on Saturday - although they may still break the bank on some strikers this week yet.....

He’ll come out with the usual shite about being patient, we are working on loads of things blah, blah, blah, and as usual the fewers will lap it up and he’ll be the messiah again for a few months until they realise nothing is still happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Rumours going around that their new pop up stand isn’t going to arrive on time 😂

As I understand it the builders have said they`ve got to finish tarmacking an old lady`s drive in Kingswood and when she`s paid them the £40,000 in cash for it they can start on the mem. 

This is provided the council don`t get the court order they`ve applied for. If they do, they`ll have to break in to another leisure centre car park and that will take a while.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Funnier still, some 15ers have bought season tickets for these "stands" that don't exist !!

Nothing new for that lot, didn’t they travel up to Cheltenham to choose their seats, for when the work was starting on UWE? 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well there's a philosophiocal puzzler:

Is a season ticket for a stand that doesn't exist a season ticket?

If a gashead falls over in a non existent stand and there's no one there to hear it, is it a Saturday afternoon home game?

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Old Wally making an appearance on the radio Saturday according to the Sgas. Could be an interesting listen with him answering every question with actual answers and timeframes etc... If he comes out with the line "these things take time", it will be comedy gold. If nothing is actually stated by him, I can see there being some pretty nasty abuse being directed at the board on Saturday - although they may still break the bank on some strikers this week yet.....

That'll be the piggy bank then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

If a gashead falls over in a non existent stand and there's no one there to hear it, is it a Saturday afternoon home game?

The way their crowds are going could soon be applause is limited to

images.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

43 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Perhaps more comedy on the horizon?

Pompey apparently wanting to sign another one of their ‘star’ men, Sercombe?

Imagine if we bought him ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

As I understand it the builders have said they`ve got to finish tarmacking an old lady`s drive in Kingswood and when she`s paid them the £40,000 in cash for it they can start on the mem. 

This is provided the council don`t get the court order they`ve applied for. If they do, they`ll have to break in to another leisure centre car park and that will take a while.

Is it these guys? 

boys from the blackstuff.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wood_red said:

Old Wally making an appearance on the radio Saturday according to the Sgas. Could be an interesting listen with him answering every question with actual answers and timeframes etc... If he comes out with the line "these things take time", it will be comedy gold. If nothing is actually stated by him, I can see there being some pretty nasty abuse being directed at the board on Saturday - although they may still break the bank on some strikers this week yet.....

 

Exclusive look at DC's transfer Kitty - seems Wael left him something......

piggy-bank-broken-broke-iou.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

He’ll come out with the usual shite about being patient, we are working on loads of things blah, blah, blah, and as usual the fewers will lap it up and he’ll be the messiah again for a few months until they realise nothing is still happening.

Would be great if the host turned round and said "things take time but you're losing 2 million a year - surely you're nearing the point of no return?"

I think he'd fake a heart attack to avoid answering...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...