Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

:laugh:, in the lower leagues these thingsd don't normally work out well

however, fair play to rovers, if they can become almost as successful as us but never quite (like Spurs and le Arse) then I can have no complaints, good for the city and attracting players here

8 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

According to the sell out franchise we're "gutted" http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5985/sh-gutted-pantsdowns

...couple of morons rather hilariously 'jumping the gun' on that thread (apart from the OP who sounds like he/she has mental issues and a serious inferiority complex). Some others are wisely more cautious...

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I find it strange that higgs is quoted as saying the sainsburys case is now insignificant 

When's the announcement from the Judge on this?

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

So how much of that has he been fed rather than looked up himself. 40k FFS.

It's Henbury Gas in drag !  40k HA HA HA HA

NO, Comical Ali, that was us....oops Dad, I've bought the wrong ****** club !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I find it strange that higgs is quoted as saying the sainsburys case is now insignificant 

It is to him. However the new owners stated they'd still wait the outcome first.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

According to the sell out franchise we're "gutted" http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5985/sh-gutted-pantsdowns

Just had a read and my god they really do have some ******* bellends on there. The bitterness to us and the jealously is actually in-bedded in their sad souls. This bitterness and hatred will be taken to their graves!:laugh:

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wow, a quick Google of their new chairman throws up a few "interesting" stories..

Yep. I reckon he's the mastermind behind this 

20 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Why has one of their own fans replied in massive letters #MINDTHEGAP and then three sags liked the post?

Are they completely thick or what? Or are they just ignoring a dozen odd league positions and the whole of League One?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

13 minutes ago, City169 said:

I stopped after the first line, where it suggests Rovers are known throughout the world.

Yep, must be a typo, 'despised' is probably the word they were looking for.

However ridiculous and desperate the article may appear, it seems possible someone may have been persuaded by it.

Bewildering.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

It is, and probably because the reason the investors want to do the deal is the value of a large piece of land off Gloucester Road which they can develop and get the profit from. 

Buy the club for a small sum, get ownership of the land. Build the new ground and then develop the land, even if it costs X to build uwe, profit for development on y gives £millions.

Rovers get a new ground, which is what they want, Jordanians get a profit, which is what they want. One thing I'd be fairly sure of is that there isn't going to be a huge injection of gulf cash, and could equally see the investors walking when the above transactions are complete...

Do u think it will be like that one a few years ago , I think it was Notts county and they were gonna get Sven in etc and it turned out the new owner didn't have to ha'pennys to rub together. My own opinion is that I couldn't care less as I will never intend to go see /support them no matter what ... Always CTID..!! COYR

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

...couple of morons rather hilariously 'jumping the gun' on that thread (apart from the OP who sounds like he/she has mental issues and a serious inferiority complex). Some others are wisely more cautious...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Do they really call it the 'Gas house', wtf is a gas house? Only think that comes to mind is a gas chamber, surely they don't want to be linked to those?

As for 'chasing you down' - that's been going on for some time now, not really working out for you, is it, baggins? I'd also pick you up on the 'achieved nothing' part, but I doubt you're intelligent enough to even start that debate

• Like 4

If true, and the investment comes  then good luck to them. 

As mentioned, the football league is littered with stories of foreign takeovers gone wrong. Forest, Cardiff, Leeds, Villa. Even Liverpool and Man Utd. Fans unhappy at ticket prices, outrageous levels of debt etc etc. 

At best, if if they become more competitive as a result then I can only see that as good for Bristol.

As for our rivalry, there may finally be some genuine competition. Doesn't bother me at all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

He'd be the THIRD RICHEST person on the planet with that sort of money :facepalm:

I saw that tweet, ridiculous wild guess. Besides, have you seen the suit he's wearing? Looks like it's from the George range at Asda. 

39 minutes ago, southbristol said:

even the new club president is deluded, half a minute in......... have a listen

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1kvJpzqMwooKE

To be fair he seems genuine, talking about not large pots of money, bringing on players, academy etc  just hope that Higgs and co have not mugged him and he has done some due diligence (though 40k for the conference final ? suggest he's let himself be swayed a little by his heart and not mind).

• Like 1

Sheff Utd (a far, far bigger club) sold a 50% stake to a Saudi prince back in 2013 with the intention of "returning to The Premiership as soon as possible".

Remind me again, how's that going?

• Like 1

I really hope he ***** it up. Like really. I hope he's like Cellino on LSD and brings in some strapping young IS radical to manage them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

So the whole thing goes full circle and they once again  become the cheating Arabs :D

That looks better.

Interesting times in which we live, and in some way a sad reflection of those times. Taking the fact it is 'them' out of it, another football club goes foreign.

Going to have to watch what happens now really. The rivalry notwithstanding, in many ways I do hope it is really somebody who has an interest in local football, and not somebody who is just going to see it as a play thing. 

Edited by cityexile

Just googled the richest Jordanians. Cant find any mention of them but I did find out that the wealthiest Jordanian has £2.5 billion and the third richest has £111 million. Soooooooo I don't Know how £65billion has gone so far under the radar? 

• Like 4

I am sure that Higgs and co have followed the route of previous Gas Chairmen and boards. Played the "big I am" for a few years made lots of promises and then got themselves rescued at the last minute. They are running down Gloucester Road now with most of the money in their pockets, hoping no one notices them behind the smokescreen they have laid behind them.

The only other people to benefit from this will be the venture capitalists who they had borrowed the money from.

2 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Not after Sunday's payday ?56c7469e43bac_Capture(2).jpg.95d6592be1d

Brilliant, maybe they could go down the camel punching route if rides are too boring for them

4 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

Just googled the richest Jordanians. Cant find any mention of them but I did find out that the wealthiest Jordanian has £2.5 billion and the third richest has £111 million. Soooooooo I don't Know how £65billion has gone so far under the radar? 

Probably Jordanian Fulus.