IGNORED

Weimanns on fire...

OldlandReddies

7 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Your defence us terrified. 

Hope we are singing this as one tomorrow. Think Andi will be key to unlocking the Derby defence. He has a point to prove. They should not have let him go.

With our home form the way it is I’m sure their defence won’t be terrified and I doubt very much Derby have any regrets about letting Weimann go. 

8 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Your defence us terrified. 

Hope we are singing this as one tomorrow. Think Andi will be key to unlocking the Derby defence. He has a point to prove. They should not have let him go.

Really?  I'm not so convinced. Yes he runs himself into the ground each match, but not enough end product for me. The last two games he has gone back to looking  like he could not hit a barn door with his shooting, hitting at least 6ft wide or high, and that's if he even manages to get a shot off. Often when his runs have got him in great scoring position he either wants to take an extra touch and his shot gets blocked by the defender as a result, or he abdicates shooting and tries unsuccessfully to play in a teammate instead.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Weimann is on a better wavelength to most of his teammates. That results in his runs off the ball being missed. 

Totally agree - I think Palmer is the key to making the most of Weimann, he seems to be able to thread a pass through rather than just knock the ball sideways like the other midfielders.

1 hour ago, swanker said:

With our home form the way it is I’m sure their defence won’t be terrified and I doubt very much Derby have any regrets about letting Weimann go. 

You seem to be being particularly negative in a few threads. 

We could really do with people like you staying away from anything Bristol City related, today. 

Come back at 5pm, if you must, and fill your boots then, but until then, how about leaving today to the people who want to try and help the lads...? 

Did your parents/teachers never tell you the little saying “if you can’t say something nice, then don’t say anything at all”...? Could you try it today.... just until 5pm, please...?! 

I'd give Fammy a rest and start Semenyo alongside Weimann, we're struggling in the final 3rd at home games (apart from against WBA), Fammy has only scored once in about the last 10 games - he could do with a rest and maybe be brought on as an impact sub for the last 30 mins if required

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I'd give Fammy a rest and start Semenyo alongside Weimann, we're struggling in the final 3rd at home games (apart from against WBA), Fammy has only scored once in about the last 10 games - he could do with a rest and maybe be brought on as an impact sub for the last 30 mins if required

Been saying that all season for home games (Fam last 30 mins).

2 hours ago, Cardy said:

Weimann & Palmer on the pitch together is our best chance of scoring.

Maybe:

Maenpaa

Pisano.    Kalas.    Webster.   DaSilva

Brownhill.    Walsh.      Elliason

Palmer

Weimann.     Fammy.

Quite like the look of this,,,a very forward' looking lineup.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We could really do with people like you staying away from anything Bristol City related, today. 

Come back at 5pm, if you must, and fill your boots then, but until then, how about leaving today to the people who want to try and help the lads...? 

Did your parents/teachers never tell you the little saying “if you can’t say something nice, then don’t say anything at all”...? Could you try it today.... just until 5pm, please...?! 

Do you think Derby fans were sad to see Weimann go? you should read their fans forum. 

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Oh yes brilliant - start a player who has never scored for us (or the Championship) in a game that will define our season, while dropping the one player who has put a shift in like no other recently.

Thanks for your opinion Frank - but no thanks

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t care what they think. He’s been excellent for us. 

Anyway... ? until 5pm...! ?

Excellent, in all games? Roses tinted glasses a little there I think. If he hadn’t scored a hat trick at Sheffield Utd I think most fans would have had a slightly different opinion. Perhaps “ All right one game and goes missing for the next two or three” 

like you said “ Untill 5pm?

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Nice to see the away fans having a lovely day out innit. 

9 hours ago, swanker said:

Excellent, in all games? Roses tinted glasses a little there I think. If he hadn’t scored a hat trick at Sheffield Utd I think most fans would have had a slightly different opinion. Perhaps “ All right one game and goes missing for the next two or three” 

like you said “ Untill 5pm?

The one thing that AW doesn’t do is “go missing” he works his bollocks off in every game!  

15 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

⬇️

12 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Oh yes brilliant - start a player who has never scored for us (or the Championship) in a game that will define our season, while dropping the one player who has put a shift in like no other recently.

Thanks for your opinion Frank - but no thanks

Didn’t age well did it? ?

16 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The one thing that AW doesn’t do is “go missing” he works his bollocks off in every game!  

16 hours ago, Lucan said:

His scoring record is average this season, and utter crap before 

Both correct. Nobody can doubt Weimann's effort or that he makes clever runs (often unseen), BUT when he does get in good position his shooting is woeful, often he hits it at least 6ft wide or high. His final pass when on the run if often too easily cut-out too. There was one chance in the 2nd half when he had a great chance of finding one of two team mates in the centre and his cross is cut-out by the covering defender. As for the effort that hit the bar, poor technique leaning back when he should have been forcing a save at least. AW is not, and never will be, the striker we need - I'm hoping Semenyo might be.

Archived