Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WayOutWest

AS sending off

And even if it was, a derby player made exactly the same tackle in the first half and the referee didn't even give a foul 

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And even if it was, a derby player made exactly the same tackle in the first half and the referee didn't even give a foul 

Absolutely a carbon copy!

it was 100% a red having seen the replay. There's no doubt about it in my mind, but equally there's no doubt that Huddlestone should have been sent off for the exact same tackle in the first half.

Either way, we've been shafted by the ref.

• Like 4
  • Unicorn 1

He has given the ref a decision to make. He has gone in high, studs up, from a long way out. I actually think he could have got away with a yellow as it was one footed, he has not left the ground or jumped in, but it was naive. It was not malicious but it was not a shocking decision either. Just a day when everything went against us.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

it was 100% a red having seen the replay. There's no doubt about it in my mind, but equally there's no doubt that Huddlestone should have been sent off for the exact same tackle in the first half.

Huddleston shouldn’t have been on the pitch to have been challenged by Semenyo. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Again.

🤬

• Like 1

Never a red. He won the ball and huddlestone was late and kicked the bottom of AS's foot and gone down like a cheap whore

****ed by another ref today. 

LJ will be getting another apology letter but that means nothing now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

AS won the ball. You need an eye test mate

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, South Bristol Red said:

Probably in the same envelope as his fine for saying the ref was shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, !james said:

Red for me too. Naive from Semenyo

Do you think Huddlestones was? I think I know what you will say...🙄

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Naive by Webster then? To not make as much of a meal of Huddlestone’s challenge as TH did with AS?

Agree with you, but I am guessing James won’t?

In no way did that tackle constitute either violent conduct or serious foul play. It was not two-footed and not jumping in, like many of Derby's fouls were. Huddlestone wasn't even hurt. 

Huddlestone's two-footed late challenge in the first half has already been mentioned, but how about when the already-booked Mount committed a similar rash challenge and the ref went to reach for his card, realised he'd have to send him off, and turned it into yet another mild telling off.

Bloke was an absolute joke of an official.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, cityexile said:

He has given the ref a decision to make. He has gone in high, studs up, from a long way out. I actually think he could have got away with a yellow as it was one footed, he has not left the ground or jumped in, but it was naive. It was not malicious but it was not a shocking decision either. Just a day when everything went against us.

As per usual

It’s 50/50. It’s one footed but it’s very high

If a Derby player would’ve done that on him we’d be calling for a Red IMO. 

His sending off not happening wouldn’t have made us win the game tho. Had enough chances before that to score. 

55 minutes ago, South Bristol Red said:

Never a red. He won the ball and huddlestone was late and kicked the bottom of AS's foot and gone down like a cheap whore

****ed by another ref today. 

That's what I thought, seeing it in real time. I haven't seen a replay yet.

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Was that the one in front of the dugouts on Webster after he nutmegged another player.

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Absolutely a carbon copy!

⬆️

For me, he started a bit of a lunge, but then turned his foot inside (not studs up), and Huddlestone was slow in trying to make a challenge.  AS’s leg wasn’t extended at any point, and not out of control.  It was harsh indeed.  Ref far too keen to get the red card out, which is a sign that he’s made up his mind too quickly and anticipated it, rather than actually watch what actually happened.  I would be 100% confident he would not have given it the other way around.

You see it with lino’s who think a player is not gonna get to a ball and raise their flag too early, rather than fully watching what takes place.  Though the lino on LS side was decent today though in the main.

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

His sending off not happening wouldn’t have made us win the game tho. Had enough chances before that to score. 

That’s the point, he did!!!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don’t think I would’ve called for a red if it was a Derby player. Yellow card at most.

2 hours ago, South Bristol Red said:

It's entirely possible to win the ball and it still be a red. You clearly don't know the rules.

You literally see players come away from those challenges with broken legs. It's a red.

But as I've said, so was Huddlestone's in the first half, and that wasn't bloody given.

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

You literally see players come away from those challenges with broken legs. It's a red.

But as I've said, so was Huddlestone's in the first half, and that wasn't bloody given.

I do think he’s trying to twist his body and leg away from a straight line to avoid what would look like a lunge.  Look at the position of his body afterwards.  I think it was a harsh red.  Happy to disagree.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I do think he’s trying to twist his body and leg away from a straight line to avoid what would look like a lunge.  Look at the position of his body afterwards.  I think it was a harsh red.  Happy to disagree.

Yeah maybe I used stronger language than necessary. I agree it's a 'softer' one, definitely more borderline. But if I remove bias I can't see it as anything but a red - at least in today's game!

Looks a harsh, even rash decision, there was no intent, it looks like he was trying his best to not be catching the player, but once again, the inconsistency of referees is dominating post match discussion.  Maybe we should have VAR in the Championship.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

as far as I can see, it isn't even two footed!

• Like 3

Absolutely ridiculous decision. Huddlestone kicked Semenyo at same time Semenyo kicked Huddlestone. Only difference was Semenyo was on the ground, Huddlestone was stood up. Semenyo got a little touch on the ball too. Derby went into us hard a number of times and got away with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Agreed. The commentator is talking nonsense - 'sent off for a 2 footed lunge', my foot!

AS's left foot is tucked underneath him.

• Like 1

A lot of bias in here tonight. If you're telling me that you wouldn't be shouting for a red card if it was an opposition player on ours then you're kidding yourself.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Was that the one in front of the dugouts on Webster after he nutmegged another player.

⬆️

For me, he started a bit of a lunge, but then turned his foot inside (not studs up), and Huddlestone was slow in trying to make a challenge.  AS’s leg wasn’t extended at any point, and not out of control.  It was harsh indeed.  Ref far too keen to get the red card out, which is a sign that he’s made up his mind too quickly and anticipated it, rather than actually watch what actually happened.  I would be 100% confident he would not have given it the other way around.

You see it with lino’s who think a player is not gonna get to a ball and raise their flag too early, rather than fully watching what takes place.  Though the lino on LS side was decent today though in the main.

It was a different one around 30 yards from their goal about 25 minutes in. 

One footed, studs up and foot slightly raised. Not over extending or out of control and he won the ball, but it was a carbon copy of the red card, so therefore it should have also been a red (although it wasn't a red card challenge...) 

The referee didn't even give a foul... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

A lot of bias in here tonight. If you're telling me that you wouldn't be shouting for a red card if it was an opposition player on ours then you're kidding yourself.

People just seeing it different to you.

That was not a 2 footed lunge, and not a sending off imo.

Whether fans would shout for a red card if the roles were reversed is irrelevant, the ref. has to ignore the crowd and make a considered and correct decision.

He clearly got it wrong afaic.

2 hours ago, South Bristol Red said:

It’s irrelevant if he won the ball. The rule has changed 

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

People just seeing it different to you.

That was not a 2 footed lunge, and not a sending off imo.

Whether fans would shout for a red card if the roles were reversed is irrelevant, the ref. has to ignore the crowd and make a considered and correct decision.

He clearly got it wrong afaic.

It doesn’t matter if it’s two footed or not 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

From my view in the South Stand, I didn’t think it was a foul. He got the ball. I was genuinely speechless when the ref showed the red card, the possibility hadn’t even crossed my mind. So I can honestly say I wouldn’t be calling for a red had the roles been reversed

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Well actually if you look on the thread of that video you posted even most Derby fans say it was harsh. 

Saw this tackle on MOTD tonight and this looks very similar to how I saw Semenyo's tackle from the Dolman side. No foul, not even mentioned by the commentator. 

https://imgur.com/a/0BcAtbq

You can't really make it out in the video as Huddlestone obscures the view, AS foot maybe a little higher and a little more studs up but very similar to this. Ironically what probably made it worse is that Semenyo beat Huddlestone to the ball so TH ends up kicking his foot and hurting himself more, whereas in the Southampton video they meet the ball at the same time, so less of a painful impact. 

Edited by RedSA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It’s nowhere even near 2 footed..! 

I thought it was harsh in real life, this replay makes it look a terrible decision! 

What stands out is the inconsistency of the referee.

I don't think that was a red, a booking at most and it certainly wasn't any worse than some of the other fouls committed, but Huddlestone's decapitation in the first half was and the way that guilty weasel Keogh was acting after Fam took one in the face from him that drew blood was another. The persistent pushing and backing in by Waghorn should also have led to further bookings.

I don't know where they get these officials from but the bottler has cost us today.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

No bias - from the South Stand it didn’t even look like a foul, let alone a red card .... I certainly would not have been howling for a red card had a Derby player performed that ‘tackle’ - viewing the video you have posted has not changed my mind - I’m not ‘kidding myself’ ....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

wasnt a red, but, i thought if players start brandishing pretend yellows at the ref, then that is a yellow,  they were all at it.

frank might of been a decent honest player but he has his players acting like ***** tbh, **** derby i hope swansea and wba **** them

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Are we subtly suggesting foul play here by the Referee himself? Was he seen trousering a brown paper bag at The Marriott later in the day by some unknown East Midland accented chap in a dark sweater?

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

It’s irrelevant if he won the ball. The rule has changed 

It doesn’t matter if it’s two footed or not 

We know.

For some bizarre reason whilst you were at AG you posted 14 times about it.

During the game.

Seems a really strange thing to do during a football match, argue on a forum about a foul, then post a video online, rather than watch the game you were at.

Wanking GIF - PeepShow MarkCorrigan Wank GIFs

• Haha 1
  • Aubergine 1

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

It's the inconsistencies that are pissing people off though. The ref was letting so much go unpunished then pulled this red out of nowhere! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

We know.

For some bizarre reason whilst you were at AG you posted 14 times about it.

During the game.

Seems a really strange thing to do during a football match, argue on a forum about a foul, then post a video online, rather than watch the game you were at.

Wanking GIF - PeepShow MarkCorrigan Wank GIFs

I didn’t go you prat.  Obviously. If I was there why would I post on forum? Nice of you to count my posts though. Forgot you are obsessed about me! 

Edited by RedDave