Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

The post. 

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

We need to buy a finisher in the summer thats for sure

We do - someone to partner him.

4 minutes ago, Desso said:

Waste of time passing to him. Might as well give it the opposition.

Hahaha, the state of this post. 

• Like 2

Woeful, however, it is out of our hands and looking like the season is over whatever the final result. Well LJ, you were right, Ipswich was the most important point of the season as it looks like it has cost us a play off spot. One up top against the bottom of the league at home was a barmy decision.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Woeful, however, it is out of our hands and looking like the season is over whatever the final result. Well LJ, you were right, Ipswich was the most important point of the season as it looks like it has cost us a play off spot. One up top against the bottom of the league at home was a barmy decision.

Sorry but it's a mix of things. Wigan last minute goal, derby luck against QPR and us......unable to break teams down at home....Ipswich reading Birmingham etc

4yrds out then 3rds out and not for the 1st time his touch and finishing is abysmal. Serious money needs to be spent in the summer just to compete for a top 6 next year or we'll be miles off. 

Progression Yes.

Missed chances x 2 Massive.

4 minutes ago, Lez said:

Sorry but it's a mix of things. Wigan last minute goal, derby luck against QPR and us......unable to break teams down at home....Ipswich reading Birmingham etc

Im Mr Fickle, but what's the point of crying over spilt milk?

I'm at the game today, and our support is terrific, Palmer has been great and we can win this game and go into next season on a real high.

#WatchOutForTheRobinsIn2020

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Im Mr Fickle, but what's the point of crying over spilt milk?

I'm at the game today, and our support is terrific, Palmer has been great and we can win this game and go into next season on a real high.

#WatchOutForTheRobinsIn2020

I'm not. I'm just expressing my view that these results coat us.

He just isn't good enough. He battles and shows willing but got a head like a 50 pence piece. Never know where that ball will end up 

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 3

9 minutes ago, Lez said:

I understand that Lez. It’s just those words after that game that grate for me. I remember at the time wondering wtf he was going on about. Over cautious tactics.

He's scored roughly 1 in 3 in the league for us over the past two seasons. I think it's 26 in 73 games. 

Edited by ExiledAjax

It’s over 46 games, we had some breaks, some great wins and some disappointments. We are really lucky playing in a League where you can take nothing for granted and it’s competitive. I think it’s been a great season, we have really over-achieved. All too easy to dwell on the negatives and find scapegoats, but it’s been a fantastic team effort for a side with no real super-stars.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Waffleflap said:

He just isn't good enough. He battles and shows willing but got a head like a 50 pence piece. Never know where that ball will end up 

He most certainly isn't..... he's scored 13 this year and bet he's missed 13 or more in the 6yrd box but the two today are truly shocking.... 

• Like 2

Has anyone kept track of how many goals he's prevented at the other end with his defensive efforts? 

Go and watch Weimann's hattrick again. Check who assists or plays a key role in the build up to each one.

Sell Taylor, keep Fam, and bring in a striker to support him.

• Like 3

He's our 5million main striker so you'd exspect a return but certainly is not good enough to be our main striker next year and he's proved that today 2 sitters now 1nil down.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

So many forgotten how many winning goals he scored for us. Really short memories. Got an Ok goals record too overall. 

Are you related?

To be in those play offs next year we now no we need 74+ points so at a guess will need to spend massively in the summer on key positions as we should of done previously but haven't. This summer is pivotal to show our ambition and bring in the correct players to see us through and ditch the dead wood / fringe players we seem to be accumulating at a rapid pace. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Allwaysred said:

To be in those play offs next year we now no we need 74+ points so at a guess will need to spend massively in the summer on key positions as we should of done previously but haven't. This summer is pivotal to show our ambition and bring in the correct players to see us through and ditch the dead wood / fringe players we seem to be accumulating at a rapid pace. 

Any names? 

Watkins and eisa is all I can think of... 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's scored roughly 1 in 3 in the league for us over the past two seasons. I think it's 26 in 73 games. 

And that's a £5.3m striker, Yeh right, 

In fairness, both sides of the argument here are somewhat correct - yes, Fammy can be a donkey, but yes, he does also score the majority of our goals. Hence we need to keep him and buy someone quality to complement him. Ying and yang and all that.

Play it right, and we'll have the most formidable strike partnership in the league next season. You heard it here first.

Big up the Senegalese Emile Heskey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

And that's a £5.3m striker, Yeh right, 

Whatever we may think about his ability we can't blame him for his valuation. 

• Like 2

Fam is not good at the things fans notice, but is very good at the things fans don't notice, or just take for granted. A ball goes up to Weimann with his back to goal, or Fam. I know who i'd rather be battling for the ball with the big centre half.

I love Famara; he stole a place in my heart with his passion for City in his first season and I will never forget his performance in the 4-1 win over Derby.

But oh my days, I will die without knowing how he missed that header today.  No doubt, he will feel the same way.

He has to be aided by another forward of superior finishing power.

10 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Whatever we may think about his ability we can't blame him for his valuation. 

Then who rated him at that value, and we must have agreed to it, 

Alongside a goalscoring striker he'd be class. 

He's not the 20 goal a striker we've been used to these past few years

Just now, Redmycolour said:

If we sold him now he'd be sold for more than he was bought for. 

Therefore it's a good signing

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Alongside a goalscoring striker he'd be class. 

He's not the 20 goal a striker we've been used to these past few years

If we sold him now he'd be sold for more than he was bought for. 

Therefore it's a good signing

A present form, that is rubbish, 

• Like 1

Famara's place in the side will be dependent on what formation Johnson wants to play next season. If we stick with this 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1 then we should look to sell FD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redmycolour said:

Well presumably the selling club, buying club and agent have to come to an agreement. But it's not the player who determines their value. Therefore it's not a fair critism to level at him. IMO

1 minute ago, Redmycolour said:

A present form, that is rubbish, 

In the inflated market of today it really isn't. 

It's no wonder other fans regularly state how good he is. Yes he's not a 20 goal a season striker but the work he does for the team is pivotal. 

We'd be looking at 7-8 million for him now

He is good enough but not as the only striker, opposition teams hate playing against him especially at home (when we're away).

If I was going to look at strikers that are not good enough I would start with the ones that are behind him and not even challenging him. 

• Like 3

I've not always been Fammy's biggest fan, only because i dont like lump it up football, and this maybe is going to sound odd as we scored without him today...but i thought when we went off we looked less like scoring as we had nothing to aim at. Also he saved us a few times defensively today and this season.

I think it all depends on what style we want. I like two strikers working together who form an understanding, a partnership. We dont have that with Fammy. I dont think we are bringing out the best in other players, eg Wiemann either. 

Don’t understand the logic of people saying we should sell a striker who has had a double figure tally the last two seasons, surely buy another capable striker to the squad to increase the goals all around? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Don’t understand the logic of people saying we should sell a striker who has had a double figure tally the last two seasons, surely buy another capable striker to the squad to increase the goals all around? 

Exactly. And a striker who has won us a lot of points with winning goals too.

• Like 3

He couldn't trap a bag of cement. Can't read the flight of a ball either... But we ask that of him too much. We don't play to his strengths. Not bad if running at goal with the ball at his feet...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Aubergine 1

I don't think we play to his strengths. He's really not a back to goal target man. He looks better when he drifts into the channels or wide and is running at goal.

He needs someone along side him. We can't go another season with him leading the line on his own.

• Like 5

For a 6ft 2/3 inch bloke who must weigh 16 plus stone he is so lightweight its unbelievable. I couldnt give a shit if he misses chances, just that he does not and is not of doing the job he is in the team to do...HOLD THE ******* BALL UP. 

Edited by BS3_RED