IGNORED

Mobile Phone - upgrade due.

Bristol Rob

I'm an apple man myself but otherwise, I would go for a one+ phone. They have very good processing power and run Oxygen OS which is an adapted version of Android, specifically for the one+ phones. All of the hardware on the newest phones is very up to date and you won't find it better on any other phones.

Phones don't tend to differ much from one model to the next so rather than just getting the latest Samsung for day, £45 per month, could you live with the previous for £10 a month less?

Or... I'm even considering keeping my two year old phone for a few months longer and going SIM only which is a huge price cut.

• Admin

I just keep my old phone and have a sim only for £11 a month, it rings, texts, takes pics and browses the web, what would a newer one do for me?

It usually works out cheaper to buy the phone and a sim only deal, than have one on a contract.

26 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It usually works out cheaper to buy the phone and a sim only deal, than have one on a contract.

That’s what I eventually did after years of contracts.

i bought an iPhone 5 outright and after a while traded it for a iPhone 6 through CeX in Broadmead. I think I got a pretty good deal.

I have a sim only deal with Sky. 

19 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Had Samsung phones for years, I like them but that might just be because I am familiar with them.

Due an upgrade and they suggested the Samsung 10 (whatever that is) - anyone have one and are they any good?

If not, what can you recommend and why.

I have the Samsung S10, it's pretty nice. It's a pretty slim phone (taller and narrower than my last phones) - camera and video is great (has a slow motion video option thats pretty neat, though I only used it a couple of times). I like Samsungs new software, it looks and feels better now. I am not sure if it's better than others on the market but it's certainly a nice phone and I am happy to have it for the next 2-3 years.

I'm being spied on by the Chinese as I have a Huawei P20 Pro. Got it for camera (young kids), it is amazing. Plus I'm a boring ****** so the Chinese won't get a damn thing out of me

Someone suggested a OnePlus earlier. That was my last phone, not a massive fan

I have a Samsung S9, which is better than my last one (S7 edge), but there isn't a lot of difference. Only upgraded as my S7 picked up a fault outside of the warranty period... Sister in law has the S10, and other than a few differences, there isn't a huge difference between mine and hers (that I can tell by having a quick play with it anyway).

Wife has the iPhone XR, which is quite nice actually, and I don't really like the Apple stuff. Camera is good on it, processor is good, and is more than enough for what she uses it for.

Depends what you're willing to pay, and how old your current phone is. If there is nothing wrong with it, and you're happy with it, then maybe worth just hanging on until something comes out that jumps out at you.

I've started to have a little browse, though my upgrade is a few months away.

This link was pretty useful:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/best/best-smartphone-3431175

Though I would say many of them are fairly similar.

I currently have the iPhone X and have stuck with Apple since the 3G model, though looking at what's about, I may change.

The Google Pixel 3 looks like a contender, but I will continue to use my time and explore features etc.

Something in particular, would be transitioning from using iTunes on my laptop to manage music. I don't know how good the other manufacturers' platforms are.

Also requiring a fairly large data roaming capacity. 30GB would be good to cover as I data roam for Netflix for business travel/stays.

Decent video, the guy loves the Motorola for budget price range:

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I've started to have a little browse, though my upgrade is a few months away.

This link was pretty useful:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/best/best-smartphone-3431175

Though I would say many of them are fairly similar.

I currently have the iPhone X and have stuck with Apple since the 3G model, though looking at what's about, I may change.

The Google Pixel 3 looks like a contender, but I will continue to use my time and explore features etc.

Something in particular, would be transitioning from using iTunes on my laptop to manage music. I don't know how good the other manufacturers' platforms are.

Also requiring a fairly large data roaming capacity. 30GB would be good to cover as I data roam for Netflix for business travel/stays.

Thanks for that.

12 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I just bought an Honor View 20. Its brilliant

Wife has honor 10 lite and I have Moto G6. Both excellent budget phones for around £150. Plusnet 8gb for£10 pm for me,  and virgin 1gb £7 pm with unused data rollover for her. Plenty of good inexpensive deals out there. 

Archived