IGNORED

Newport.... no bakinson?

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think the rule is when the ball stops moving, or goes out of play. Plenty have counted when they've not gone straight in.

The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick. This was clarified after an incident in the 1986 World Cup shoot-out between Braziland FranceBruno Bellone's kick rebounded out off the post, hit goalkeeper Carlos's back, and subsequently bounced into the goal. Referee Ioan Igna gave the goal to France, and Brazil captain Edinhowas booked for protesting that the kick should have been considered a miss as soon as it rebounded off the post. In 1987, the International Football Association Board clarified Law 14, covering penalty kicks, to support Igna's decision.[9]

Interesting, I think.

14 hours ago, 054123 said:

The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick. This was clarified after an incident in the 1986 World Cup shoot-out between Braziland FranceBruno Bellone's kick rebounded out off the post, hit goalkeeper Carlos's back, and subsequently bounced into the goal. Referee Ioan Igna gave the goal to France, and Brazil captain Edinhowas booked for protesting that the kick should have been considered a miss as soon as it rebounded off the post. In 1987, the International Football Association Board clarified Law 14, covering penalty kicks, to support Igna's decision.[9]

Interesting, I think.

So basically the ball was still in motion as a result of the initial kick, the keeper hadn’t completed his dive and it  hit his foot and went in. By the rules the ref got it spot on last night.

18 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

THAT was Jim Eadie !

He was just a pig, no flying involved.
I wonder if he kept the TV and pasties he stole from the gAss club, the name escapes me, used to be in the Old Tote end car park.

20 hours ago, 054123 said:

Interesting, I think.

Am I correct that next season, the law will change and a similar save, post, off keeper into net, will be a goal kick, no goal and also no goal in a penalty shoot out?

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Am I correct that next season, the law will change and a similar save, post, off keeper into net, will be a goal kick, no goal and also no goal in a penalty shoot out?

Amended for Bristol City penalties, so that once the ball has been struck by the penalty taker's boot then it is no goal, a goal kick and a 3 game ban for one of City's defenders..

55 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Nah, that's nonsense.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

No, what they were talking about was only the initial shot would count but no rebounds. The scenario you stated would still count as a goal. Not sure it’s being introduced anyway though.

8 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

So basically the ball was still in motion as a result of the initial kick, the keeper hadn’t completed his dive and it  hit his foot and went in. By the rules the ref got it spot on last night.

Correct

Archived