Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Ska Junkie

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

About what? There's oceans of sources quoting £8m. There is no debate. 

The media often get it wrong and then various articles publish the same figure. There's often contingent payments embedded within a deal and that's where the confusion often lies. For example, Kalas may be £7m upfront with a further £1m if we get promoted. I am inclined to believe KITR.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sturny said:

About what? There's oceans of sources quoting £8m. There is no debate. 

Don't mistake volumes of people repeating things they read elsewhere for them actually being correct.  KITR hasn't been wrong yet that I've noticed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The media often get it wrong and then various articles publish the same figure. There's often contingent payments embedded within a deal and that's where the confusion often lies. For example, Kalas may be £7m upfront with a further £1m if we get promoted. I am inclined to believe KITR.

Yes there may, but there's plenty of reliable sources such as Skysports, Bristol post journalist and even Chelsea news articles who have all said it's £8m. There is no confusion...   

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Yes there may, but there's plenty of reliable sources such as Skysports, Bristol post journalist and even Chelsea news articles who have all said it's £8m. There is no confusion...   

I've worked on a high profile transfer over the past couple of weeks and all media sources have got the transfer fee wrong including the players wages. It does happen a lot more than you'd imagine! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I've worked on a high profile transfer over the past couple of weeks and all media sources have got the transfer fee wrong including the players wages. It does happen a lot more than you'd imagine! 

There's far more people who have inside knowledge saying its £8m. Think I'm gonna believe them.. 

It's a weak and lazy argument to say "They get it wrong every now and again" 

Edited by Sturny

6 hours ago, TBW said:

Anyone else think it would've been considerably less if not for the fact we got Dasilva so cheaply? Seems like Chelsea bumped the price up to make up for the loss on Jay.

Whichever way you look at it they’re both good deals. And if our relationship with Chelsea continues to be as advantageous as it has recently, a few quid or so here or there makes very little difference I’d guess. 

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

What's a million between friends :dunno:

Haha, we couldn't say that 10 years ago. Great grow in terms of money. Your comment says everything about our future which is top 10 EPL.

37 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

What's a million between friends :dunno:

Nearly three times the 27 year old record transfer of a certain other club?

Certainly not worth quibbling about for us.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Sturny said:

And all of them have probably got it from the same ONE source. If a few on here said 12 million the Post would report it was a "reported 12 million fee". I would rather believe KITR on here than any media outlet who get most of their stuff from regurgitated, generally made up nonsense from Social Media.

Still each to their own! Jay Dasilva and Kalas combined for 9 or 10 million is superb business regardless.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I'm less likely to believe it if BP have said it....

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

"Reliable"

Hahahahahahahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Aubergine 1

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

"Reliable"

Hahahahahahahaha

Haha yeh

Not like this forum wasn’t creaming itself when they were posting rumours.  

• Aubergine 1

26 minutes ago, wood_red said:

And all of them have probably got it from the same ONE source. If a few on here said 12 million the Post would report it was a "reported 12 million fee". I would rather believe KITR on here than any media outlet who get most of their stuff from regurgitated, generally made up nonsense from Social Media.

Still each to their own! Jay Dasilva and Kalas combined for 9 or 10 million is superb business regardless.

Literally every source is saying £8m on both sides. Nothing on £7m. But one bloke on this forum says different and of course it must be true 👍

everyones entitled to believe what they wanna of course but I’m gonna stick to the only number being quoted outside of otib 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Literally every source is saying £8m on both sides. Nothing on £7m. But one bloke on this forum says different and of course it must be true 👍

everyones entitled to believe what they wanna of course but I’m gonna stick to the only number being quoted outside of otib 

Some believe it because KITR has always been bang on the money when it comes to CIty related information (everything what I have read from him anyway). 

All the other outlets have more than likely also got it from only one source as well, so once the likes of Sky report it as £8 million, that in turn will have most newspapers report it as that without any bit of fact finding whatsoever. Social media will just churn out the same stuff repeated by everyone. So there will obviously be more people/media outlets reporting it to be £8 million - than a single person on here who is probably more in the know than the lot of them put together in my opinion!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Usually I would agree. But KITR has been absolutely spot on this transfer window, more so than 'reputable' sources so as far as I'm concerned if he says £7m im going with that (unless something different appears on the OS of course!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Haha yeh

Not like this forum wasn’t creaming itself when they were posting rumours.  

I wasn't because the Post comes out with more bullshit than a bull farm on laxatives.

• Rovers 1

3 hours ago, Coppello said:

So spill the beans @Coppello, how much did the 15ers really pay Eastleigh for Josh Hare?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Yes, I think we know that. Nobody honestly gives a f’ck but at least you’ve told us. Repeatedly. 

• Like 3
  • Aubergine 1

Does it really matter what Kalas cost? £7m, £8m....we've got him, that's all that matters. Let's move on.

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So spill the beans @Coppello, how much did the 15ers really pay Eastleigh for Josh Hare?

7 tent pegs and the spare tyre from Wael's Mondeo. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sturny said:

There's far more people who have inside knowledge saying its £8m. Think I'm gonna believe them.. 

It's a weak and lazy argument to say "They get it wrong every now and again" 

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

Some believe it because KITR has always been bang on the money when it comes to CIty related information (everything what I have read from him anyway). 

All the other outlets have more than likely also got it from only one source as well, so once the likes of Sky report it as £8 million, that in turn will have most newspapers report it as that without any bit of fact finding whatsoever. Social media will just churn out the same stuff repeated by everyone. So there will obviously be more people/media outlets reporting it to be £8 million - than a single person on here who is probably more in the know than the lot of them put together in my opinion!!

It’s pretty obvious that Kid has inside info, whether that be first hand or down the chain.  Too much insight over the past season or so to have much doubt.  Even stuff like Dasilva’s agent wanting to push for £4m....we haven’t heard that anywhere else, nor much about it being £2m fee...so I’d rather go with Kid than media outlets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Yes, I think we know that. Nobody honestly gives a f’ck but at least you’ve told us. Repeatedly. 

Clearly you gave so little f’cks you thought you’d reply. Off you pop 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sturny said:

Good to see they're quoting the true fee of 8m, a lot of people are saying 7m which is wrong 

Who told you £8m out of interest? Or are you just going off the media reports?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It’s pretty obvious that Kid has inside info, whether that be first hand or down the chain.  Too much insight over the past season or so to have much doubt.  Even stuff like Dasilva’s agent wanting to push for £4m....we haven’t heard that anywhere else, nor much about it being £2m fee...so I’d rather go with Kid than media outlets.

I posted the £2m fee for DaSilva back in January/February...now widely reported. Do you think I guessed and got lucky @Sturny ? :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Nibor said:

Don't mistake volumes of people repeating things they read elsewhere for them actually being correct.  KITR hasn't been wrong yet that I've noticed.

@Kid in the Riothas a fine ‘rumours’ track record, you’re right... but he claimed to know nothing about how close Bobby Reid was to rejoining us in January 2019 - the source I had for that was absolutely indisputable... the horrific plane clash understandably ended that move though ...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I posted the £2m fee for DaSilva back in January/February...now widely reported. Do you think I guessed and got lucky @Sturny ? :whistle:

Well done bud, didn’t know you did that but fair enough. 

Edited by Sturny

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Who told you £8m out of interest? Or are you just going off the media reports?

“Just the media reports” 

so literally everyone apart from yourself you mean? 

Edited by Sturny

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

@Kid in the Riothas a fine ‘rumours’ track record, you’re right... but he claimed to know nothing about how close Bobby Reid was to rejoining us in January 2019 - the source I had for that was absolutely indisputable... the horrific plane clash understandably ended that move though ...

Isn’t that better than claiming he did know retrospectively?  

If different agents are involved in deals, because of players or clubs, the source might be different?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Isn’t that better than claiming he did know retrospectively?  

If different agents are involved in deals, because of players or clubs, the source might be different?

Sorry Dave, I really don’t understand your reply. I posted very recently about Bobby being ‘very very close’ to joining us back in January 2019 and the Kid responded saying he didn’t know anything about that ...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry Dave, I really don’t understand your reply. I posted very recently about Bobby being ‘very very close’ to joining us back in January 2019 and the Kid responded saying he didn’t know anything about that ...

I’ll DM you.

10 hours ago, Sturny said:

“Just the media reports” 

so literally everyone apart from yourself you mean? 

Yep. But the media reports will often rely on one source and then it is just repeated by other news sources. I think I'm right in saying both the figures we paid and received for Kodjia were misreported by the media and only clarified as being different by Lansdown a year or two down the line. The media are not always right and their sources not always first-hand. IMO they are wrong on Kalas and Kelly.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Are you sure it was me? I honestly don't remember commenting on whether Bobby was close to rejoining in January. In any case, I have never claimed to know everything. Far from it, I don't know what the Bentley fee was, for example. It would be near enough impossible to know everything. I posted about a number of strikers we were interested in back in January but didn't hear the Bobby one and still don't know if it's true.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep. But the media reports will often rely on one source and then it is just repeated by other news sources. I think I'm right in saying both the figures we paid and received for Kodjia were misreported by the media and only clarified as being different by Lansdown a year or two down the line. The media are not always right and their sources not always first-hand. IMO they are wrong on Kalas and Kelly.

Are you sure it was me? I honestly don't remember commenting on whether Bobby was close to rejoining in January. In any case, I have never claimed to know everything. Far from it, I don't know what the Bentley fee was, for example. It would be near enough impossible to know everything. I posted about a number of strikers we were interested in back in January but didn't hear the Bobby one and still don't know if it's true.

Wasn’t that disclosed by the club in the statement when he left? 11 million with 4 million in potential add ins? 

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No worries mate, it was you - you replied to someone else’s post about Bobby - but it doesn’t matter - your track record is fine!

Bobby was definitely coming back in January but the horrendous air crash meant it was all cancelled ...

Cheers ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Sorry if already discussed, but has Kalas even got a song? One for @RobboredI guess?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Sorry if already discussed, but has Kalas even got a song? One for @RobboredI guess?

Let’s hope a Kalas song is not ‘suggested’ on here...............That way we’ll never hear it at AG..........:cool2:

• Aubergine 1

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No worries mate, it was you - you replied to someone else’s post about Bobby - but it doesn’t matter - your track record is fine!

Bobby was definitely coming back in January but the horrendous air crash meant it was all cancelled ...

Cheers ...

Not saying it’s not true but that staggers me. Sold in June to a bitter rival and back with us in January? I can see why it would make sense for us but why would Cardiff have done that so soon after signing him?

And why would BR want it after just a few months into his first Prem season? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not saying it’s not true but that staggers me. Sold in June to a bitter rival and back with us in January? I can see why it would make sense for us but why would Cardiff have done that so soon after signing him?

He was coming back on loan apparently - impeccable source, really sorry I can’t say more than that ...

On 02/07/2019 at 18:23, wood_red said:

It's all about who you get your information from.  KITR is clearly well connected. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I can't see Cardiff doing that and I can't see Bobby wanting to do that.

Doesn't make any sense at all.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Sorry if mentioned in this thread already but I wasn't aware that Kalas was supposedly linked with a loan move to Leeds....

IMG_1622.PNG

Seem to recall last year- could've been paper talk but a player of his calibre and track record at this level would definitely have been sought after.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Thanks but cruel to bump this article bob, thought we signed someone 👀

Ha !

Just didn’t want to create a new thread with everything else bubbling

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone who hasn’t picked it up

Great article on / interview with our Czech Warrior

What a top bloke , absolutely the sort we want at our Club

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/wit-wisdom-tomas-kalas-talks-3155420

Agreed, some great quotes in there. Who's little git was it that slagged him off just after getting his signature?

"...as long as somebody isn't rude like one of today's kids. I signed their shirt and they said, 'great own goal' [against Crystal Palace on Saturday] ... in that moment you would rip that shirt off them [laughs]."