Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

basshead

Happy Birthday Terry Cooper

I thought plans were afoot on here to get him over for a game this coming season and to generally celebrate what a legend he is and revered still so much. 

• Like 3

Happy birthday to a true City legend.
Was the manager when I first started going to games as a youngster. Great memories!

The word legend is banded about too much nowadays but this man TC is well worthy of the title. I do hope we can get him at AG this season to show how much he means to us fans. His commitment  to the club when things were going belly up was exemplary.  Happy birthday Coops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marmite said:

The word legend is banded about too much nowadays but this man TC is well worthy of the title. I do hope we can get him at AG this season to show how much he means to us fans. His commitment  to the club when things were going belly up was exemplary.  Happy birthday Coops.

Leeds game would have been a good one, I daresay 25,000 from both sides standing for the great man would be special.

• Like 4

When I used to travel on coach one in the early 90's, Beryl Fudge would eulogise about the man. High praise indeed.

Happy birthday TC.

• Like 1

Greatest manager the club has ever had ! The fact that he played for and managed the Gas is utterly irrelevant  to us which in itself highlights the true calibre of the man. Happy birthday TC ! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Mike Js video of city in division 4 is a cracker.

Every time terry came off the bench he created a goal, or changed a game.

Link?

In 1984 Terry and Clive Middlemass drove up to Darlington in a van to help Alan Walsh move down to Bristol to help him out with his move to City.  Just goes to show what sort of things were going on behind the scenes to keep the club going in those dark dark days.

It is nothing less than a total disgrace that this gentleman has not been honoured in some way by the club.

• Like 5

Today there are many managers with self important egos who are often just interested in the next big pay day. Terry Cooper had won major trophies with Leeds and England caps, yet he just had an amazingly warm hearted ego. With a bit more financial backing from the board he could have taken City to the next level. The only blip on his illustrious career with City was when he had a perm!

8 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Loved City didnt see any tears when at Rovers😄😄

I dunno, he probably cried all the time he was there!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I dunno, he probably cried all the time he was there!

Nonsense, I'm sure he looked just as happy to be there as Mark Little does.

• Haha 1