Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Taunton_BCFC

Forest green UPDATE: ADDITIONAL ALLOCATION RECEIVED

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I bet they are gutted you told them that.

Yes not much of a threat I agree. I normally have to phone up anyway as my boy has an ambulant ticket which even with the wonders of technology cannot be done online althoughI was willing to pay the extra just to make sure we could get tickets.

Sadly not possible and whilst it’s only a pre-season friendly my lad’s disappointment  (he is on the autistic spectrum) will mean a difficult day ahead.

1 minute ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Yes not much of a threat I agree. I normally have to phone up anyway as my boy has an ambulant ticket which even with the wonders of technology cannot be done online althoughI was willing to pay the extra just to make sure we could get tickets.

Sadly not possible and whilst it’s only a pre-season friendly my lad’s disappointment  (he is on the autistic spectrum) will mean a difficult day ahead.

Without wanting to sound rude.

They had been on sale since July 1st, better planning needed next time

• Like 1

Just now, phantom said:

I'm guessing they were already sold out

But they had been on sale since July 1st

The system reserved my tickets (at that time still available) but would not accept my details saying they were incorrect

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Without wanting to sound rude.

They had been on sale since July 1st, better planning needed next time

Yes you are quite correct but I never go to friendlies and it said that there would be pay on the day so was not concerned. My son booked a birthday meal for me and told me yesterday (now cancelled) in Nailsworth as a surprise so I thought that I had better make sure we had tickets.

46 minutes ago, lambo said:

As did mine.

I presume I can collect my ticket at The New Lawn tonight? Or do I have to pick it up from the Gate this morning?

Booked my tickets over the phone and was told to collect from FGR ticket office.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

The system reserved my tickets (at that time still available) but would not accept my details saying they were incorrect

Shame we don't have Matt Parsons on here anymore am sure he could help

@Johnny Musicworks

As long as you don't wear colours I am sure you would have no problem getting into the FGR section of the ground https://shop.fgr.co.uk/VenueManagement/asp/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={38BAF20D-27BE-4CA8-95F4-036EB007C0B7}&homeArea=home

BEWARE : Only on line until 3pm

11 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

What are the chance's of buying a ticket for the home end ?

'Allegedly' you can sign up for an account...... book tickets and then print at home.... 🤔

First time visitor information

If this is your first time visiting Forest Green Rovers, you can expect a totally unique experience from the greenest football club in the world. Here’s everything you need to know about how to get here, and what The New Lawn has in store.

How to get here

The New Lawn is situated in the village of Nailsworth, just south of Stroud, and you can travel here by:

• Public transport: you can catch a train to Stroud station, and then get the number 63 bus from Stroud town centre. Please note that the last service on the 63 bus is around 8pm, Monday to Friday, and therefore this will not work for any mid-week games.
  • Park and ride: for most matches we operate a local park and ride service from Renishaw on Stroud Road (postcode: GL5 5HA). Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis, and costs just £3 per car.
  • Bike: you can cut your carbon emissions completely by cycling to The New Lawn. 
  • Car: there's limited parking at the stadium. You can book a parking space in advance, but we encourage you to leave your car at home where possible. 

Here's more information about how to get to The New Lawn.

Arriving at The New Lawn

The ground opens three hours before kick-off, and turnstiles into the stadium open an hour and a half before the match starts. We recommend you take your seats early, to enjoy the pre-match build-up and our award-winning matchday food.

We welcome all away supporters into the stadium via the West Terrace turnstiles. 

Ticket collection

You can collect your tickets up to three hours before kick-off from the ticket office, located between the North and East stands. 

You can buy matchday tickets online, by calling us on 0333 123 1889. The reception at The New Lawn is also open on Thursday for people to buy in person between midday and 6pm. Here’s more information about FGR ticket prices.

Club shop

We sell a whole host of FGR merchandise at our club shop, from replica kits to scarves and bobble hats.

The FGR shop is located to the right of the ticket office and directly in front of you as you enter the stadium and is only open on matchdays from midday until kick off.

Facilities

The Green Man

We have our own on-site pub, located between the South and West stands. You don't need a ticket to access The Green Man, so you can pop in for a drink ahead of all FGR home games.

We serve a selection of the best vegan lagers and ciders from the Cotswold Brewery, along with Stroud Brewery’s Budding and a range of bottled beers.

The Green Man opens three hours before each FGR match and is accessible to all Forest Green fans. 

Away bar

The away bar is open from midday on matchdays, serving a selection of vegan beers and ciders, vegan hot drinks, and a selection of vegan snacks.

Should be getting into Nailsworth around 6:30pm, reckon I’ll be able to park in the school then or too late? Will be with someone with an injury so walking long distance up the hill from the village not really possible. 

Never been before so no idea what time I’d need to be there to make sure I can park relatively close.

ta. 

Just book online direct with FGR and sit in the main stand. That's what I've done. No problem at all. Don't wear City colours and nobody will know any different. Have been to FGR for friendlies over many years and always just sat in the main stand.

• Like 2

From a club perspective it would be good to get a closer association with a side down the leagues but very local too

Lot's of benefits potentially for both clubs? Well we have already swapped GK coaches this summer

image.png

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“Fans without a ticket are urged not to travel”.

It's a pre season game FFS !!!

Surely it's just turn up and pay on the gate? @JulieH

I'm going anyway, stay in the Village Inn and watch on the red button :whistle:

39 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

What are the chance's of buying a ticket for the home end ?

100%

8 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I have now spoken to FGR and may be able to get in by turning up (wearing no colours) so may try that.

Try their excellent half time meny

Edited by bristolcitysweden

46 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Just book online direct with FGR and sit in the main stand. That's what I've done. No problem at all. Don't wear City colours and nobody will know any different. Have been to FGR for friendlies over many years and always just sat in the main stand.

Thanks Ashton Yate successful solution and smiles again in my house 👍

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Thanks Ashton Yate successful solution and smiles again in my house

Good news. Usually a very friendly atmosphere at the New Lawn, wherever you stand/sit.

• Like 3

Depressing state of affairs that the no colours rule still applies for a pre-season friendly against a local team we actually quite like!

Pretty sure I sat in the main stand with my City shirt on when we played there in 2015 without any issues.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Depressing state of affairs that the no colours rule still applies for a pre-season friendly against a local team we actually quite like!

Pretty sure I sat in the main stand with my City shirt on when we played there in 2015 without any issues.

As always it only take one idiot..

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I suppose it is a bit sad, but not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

FGR was always turn up and pay on the gate.

Always genuinely friendly from all attendees.

Why the change to having to buy in advance and all ticket? :dunno:

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why the change to having to buy in advance and all ticket?

I suspect they were expecting a bumper crowd and wanted to avoid a situation in which fans had to be turned away on the night.

• Like 1

FGR was always turn up and pay on the gate.

Always genuinely friendly from all attendees.

Why the change to having to buy in advance and all ticket? :dunno:

League club now- did we last play/more often play them in Non League?D

Designated fixture potentially even though it's a friendly, probably linked into these regs. @JulieH or our MIA new SLO could doubtless clarify.

3 minutes ago, Red7 said:

I suspect they were expecting a bumper crowd and wanted to avoid a situation in which fans had to be turned away on the night.

More than the capacity of 5k+?

Their average League attendance last season was 2,775

It may be a 'bumper crowd' in terms of a friendly but still unlikely to be much more than half full imo.

Their average League attendance last season was 2,775

Was thinking more of the huge interest among City fans. And the FGR perspective from a policing point of view etc.

But, I agree, I don't think it will get near a sell-out.

21 minutes ago, Red7 said:

and having long queues of people paying on the gate

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

League club now- did we last play/more often play them in Non League?D

Designated fixture potentially even though it's a friendly, probably linked into these regs. @JulieH or our MIA new SLO could doubtless clarify.

From a policing point of view I have no idea why all ticket . 🤷‍♂️

It would appear another 200 tickets have been released for city fans also.

This is my local club and I can’t remember any previous issues , however from a club point of view it is probably easier in advance to know fan numbers for catering/ stewarding etc 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

and having long queues of people paying on the gate

Never been any delay getting in there before in my experience so no reason why it should be an issue this time.

There were never going to be thousands of City fans descending on Nailsworth for a friendly.

It's a shame - it's always been a relaxed atmosphere when City play at FGR, with no problems I'm aware of, and having to buy a ticket in advance for a friendly which was never going to anywhere near fill the ground is OTT and completely unnecessary imo.

32 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Never been any delay getting in there before in my experience so no reason why it should be an issue this time.

There were never going to be thousands of City fans descending on Nailsworth for a friendly.

It's a shame - it's always been a relaxed atmosphere when City play at FGR, with no problems I'm aware of, and having to buy a ticket in advance for a friendly which was never going to anywhere near fill the ground is OTT and completely unnecessary imo.

Quite so, they simply haven't got that type of fan base .

1 hour ago, Red7 said:

Come off it................they're playing us NOT the sags !:laugh:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Could a ground of that size really cope with 1000+ people paying cash on a turnstile in a 30 minute period?

I would be surprised - we are taking circa 1500 there tonight, additionally they wouldn't want all that cash about the place

There is no indication that it will be anything but a relaxed atmosphere there this evening, I'm sure it is more about the lines above

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It says that about 50 CTFC fans and a SMALL group of FGR !   I rest my case .

They're all small in Gloucestershire.....all that interbreeding

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Lady at FGR says parking in the field opposite is £5

Anyone know how many spaces this is for and if it is likely to be full? I have never been but going later and don't really want to be looking everywhere for parking as haven't got a clue where I am going!!

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Anyone know how many spaces this is for and if it is likely to be full? I have never been but going later and don't really want to be looking everywhere for parking as haven't got a clue where I am going!!

Sat nav?